: DRL Disable SIMPLE FIX

CateraMV6
10-27-07, 05:50 PM
Well I talked to a friend who has a GTO and he said he removed the relay for the DRL so he suggested that I do the same and sure enough the DRLs dont come on any more and my High beams are still functional and everything works just like it should no Check Light nothing.... so just pop off the kickpannel under the steering column, you will need a flat head screw driver for that... and then locate the relay box to the right of the steering...

On the very top left corner there is a small relay and a sticker on the back of the pannel which would indicate that the Top Left relay is for the DRL... so just remove it and your DRLs will never come on again...

:worship: GTO guys, no more DRL yey.....

10KTGOLD
10-27-07, 06:06 PM
or just push the button near the switch and it shuts them off also

CateraMV6
10-27-07, 06:20 PM
well not quite the OFF button on the lower left of the headlight switch just kills the auto On/Off feature where it turns them on or off depending on the darkness level outside....

Mine is always off but the DRLs keep staying on no matter what you do.... so you can either have a GM Tech II tool set it to off or you can simply do the relay unplug deal...

10KTGOLD
10-27-07, 07:23 PM
LOL oh well ,I drive with my headlights always on.