: StealthV Tuned, informed, and dangerous!

CTSV_Rob
10-27-07, 12:01 PM
Well I got my ECM back yesterday for my V. After Dinner the ECM got installed (got to make an attempt to keep the wife happy or the ECM would have been in when I got home!)

Before I even start, I was thinking maybe I will get an 09 V... Well Cadillac just lost a sale, This tune made the car run soooo well there is no way I am going to trade now! The Tune made an amazing difference to the car.

Now I decided since it was a new tune I was going to take it easy and I was able to for about 1/4 mile, think I showed pretty good restraint. Can't take all of the credit though, as soon as I got 2 blocks away from my house I saw to police cars pull out of a side street so I followed them out of the area to make sure they were leaving and just not finding another hiding spot.

Tuned
One work sums up this tune (well maybe 2...) - F*****G AMAZING!

I have the lightened flywheel and Headers. The car was a bit of a chore to get it to roll from a stop. If I didn't give it enough gas it would die but too much and slip the clutch. With the tune the car is much easier to get rolling. It didn't seem like that big of a deal until I got the tune, wow.

Now that was while I was following 5-O, after I was sure they were gone I gave her a little gas in first gear and she started to lurch. It has done this before but nearly as bad. I feel a little like an idiot but the problem was the traction control. Now that Rick made this thing run like it should the traction control does not know what to do with it if you hammer the throttle after getting her rolling. I tried putting the T/C in Comp mode and the "lurching" went away completely (tires spun a little though, no wheel hop but I can see the KARS III Cradle going on next, yes I have one already).

The next thing I did was to take the V down a little country style road. some mild twisties but mostly straight. I started from a roll in first gear, hammered the throttle, 2nd, 3rd and before you know it I was doing 85MPH. I didn't think a tune would make that much of a difference but it did. The acceleration threw me back in the seat and I still haven't stopped smiling!

:D :lildevil::D :lildevil: :D :lildevil: :D :lildevil: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup:

The only thing I would like different is the traction control. That lurching in first and second is a bit irritating but at least there is a work around - Comp mode. Looks like I am going to be one of those "turn on comp mode as soon as I start the car" people, Sorry Nikon.

To Tune or not to Tune? - Oh Yeah...
Bottom line, LS6 or LS2 if you drive the car like it was meant to be driven then the answer is YES, if you drive it like a Granny and don't do any Mod's you may still want to consider it. It's running so much more efficent I'm guessing there will be a mileage increase as well.

If you want a tune that you know works then get it from StealthV. I checked in my area and no one really tunes the V's they do the vette's and the camaro's but this is a different beast and Rick (StealthV) has it down.

Well, I figured I owed you all a write up of the tune but I can't take it anymore, going to go get in the car and drive!

rekctsv
10-27-07, 12:21 PM
Nice man, I can't wait to start modding. I actually think I'm starting to get use to the factory horsepower and now I'm looking for more. After this Holiday season, it's on.

Is the StealthV tune better than dyno tuning?

The Tony Show
10-27-07, 12:26 PM
Love my StealthV tune.

Rick is da man!! :thumbsup:

heavymetals
10-27-07, 01:09 PM
Think of how much better it would run if it was a snowmobile! :hide:

You need a maggie Rob................:p

AdrianVanzulli
10-27-07, 01:34 PM
Let us know what mpg increases you see after a tank or two. I'm considering getting a tune too...

Cheers,

Adrian

cts-v ls6
10-27-07, 02:45 PM
I drove Memphis, TN to St. Louis on I 55 last week. Pretty much a north heading. I have a special Stealth tune to allow me to be able to run on WalMart 87 octane gas. Don't pity me, I pulled 361 RWHP on this tune and 87 octane. My '04 V has 123k miles on her.

Well, the best mileage as of this summer was 2 back to back trips from Fayetteville, AR to Little Rock, and then on to Memphis. At 74 mph, 6th gear, and 2000 rpm's, using the cheapest 87 octane gas I could find, I AVERAGED 27.2 mpg--and that's over a 5 hour drive.

On the St. Louis trip, I AVERAGED 29.2 mpg. And that's over several hours. Did I have a tailwind? Probably. But I consistently get 26 to 26.5 mpg at 74 mph using 87 octane. AND NO DETONATION, NO STUMBLING, NO ANYTHING EXCEPT A BIG GRIN ON MY FACE!

Rick IS The Man!

Jack

heavymetals
10-27-07, 03:01 PM
Is yours the one with two cylinders turned off?

JK

CTSV_Rob
10-27-07, 03:28 PM
To Rick,

Were not worthy, were not worthy!!! :worship::worship::worship:

Just got back from a trip and still smiling.

I'm sure the car is still learning and will only get better but the instantanious reading was higher then it has ever been on the stretch of road I drove down.

I am no expert on Dyno's and I could be wrong but here is my .02. Most shops have not seen this car and the one I went to specialized in Corvette's. Now it is the same engine however the car is heavier so with the tunes being the same you will see more advantage on the road with the Vette then with the V. Now Rick has invested a lot of time into this car and has done many tunes so I would have to say he knows how the car runs and how to tweak it to get the max out of the tune.

So to answer your question, I think it would be best if Rick had your car on a Dyno and then took it to the track but besides that I think if you take it to a dyno shop you won't be as happy as if Rick had tuned it for you. I have not seen any bad threads on StealthV yet and many positive threads.

Heavy,

Maggie is coming but I'm waiting for her to grow up a little. TVS will be available when I'm about ready to throw down some coin.

Got to work now but "more testing" tonight!

Jon
10-27-07, 05:24 PM
Stop.... tempting me! LOL.

Congrats Rob, I'm happy for ya :)

CTSV_Rob
10-27-07, 05:35 PM
Just do it.

Man, I sure like the way you did your Grill's Jon.

Jon
10-27-07, 05:38 PM
Just do it.

Man, I sure like the way you did your Grill's Jon.
$$$$$$$ is an issue ;) LOL

And thanks. I love it too :D

GMBOUND
10-27-07, 10:28 PM
Glad it work for you as well as it worked for me. There was another LS2 owner who was on the fence. Did he ever do it?
StealthV tune is the way to go!

V-Love
10-28-07, 12:47 AM
$$$$$$$ is an issue ;) LOL

And thanks. I love it too :D

Group tune?

CTSV_Rob
10-28-07, 01:19 PM
Glad it work for you as well as it worked for me. There was another LS2 owner who was on the fence. Did he ever do it?
StealthV tune is the way to go!
For me StealthV tune = :cloud9: and :lildevil:.

There is a couple and they should just do it.

Back to looking at some cool Head/Cam combo's and trying to decide what type of blower I am going to go with. Looks like it will be the TVS1900 (95%) but I'm keeping my options open at this point. :D

Sure glad Rick is around to make this motor put out whatever it's capable of!

GMBOUND
10-29-07, 02:12 PM
Keep up the Good Work Rob, While you're getting closer and closer to Mod Hell, just remember you lil brother and pass me some Hand-Me-Down parts.
Aren't you tired of those B&B LT's? You've got to be ready to Upgrade to a better Fly Wheel than the UUC?

CTSV_Rob
10-29-07, 04:44 PM
Knocking on the door and the Devil is welcoming me with open arms!

As far as the LT's I am going to have to loose some major torque before I give those babies up, I sure like the fit and finish on those headers!

As I start "out growing" some of the mod's on the car I will give you dib's. Since Rick is a little bummed about losing the headers I may give him fist crack at them though (If I ever take them off the car, they look like they belong there!).

UUC Still working fine and I'm hoping they will offer a Clutch plate/Pressure plate for the car... (waiting for Luke to chime in!)

AdrianVanzulli
10-30-07, 02:39 PM
I think I may have been that LS2 owner who was on the fence. Still am. The wife would have to let that be my Christmas gift if I went that route. But I am also considering getting an HP Tuner myself and doing it that way.

It is great to hear about the huge mpg increases though. Honestly, that's the first goal I have here. Power I can work on next, just want to up that mileage as much as possible before I go any further.

Cheers,

Adrian