: My New Personal Best!!!

Scotty7751
10-27-07, 12:19 PM
well took the V to the dragstrip last night it was friday night fun and grudge. first run i layed down a very nice 8.97 i said i could do better. well i went up to the lights again and launched but it wouldnt take off hard and missed second then i realized that my clutch stayed on the floor and i was burning it up. ?Anyone had that happen to them? well pulled back into the hot lanes and i said i was done after that and my Gf said no you said you could beat you time your not done go back out there! well went back out and then ran a 8.89 getting better and finally my best run of the night was a :dance:8.79:dance: WOOOOHOOOOO i did have the exhaust off and my stability control dissabled. but i did good. Just cant wait til i get the maggie and headers on! Its will be 7 sec times!

Florian
10-27-07, 12:35 PM
these are 1/4 mi times???

F

keeksv
10-27-07, 12:40 PM
1/8th probably.

CVP33
10-27-07, 12:47 PM
these are 1/4 mi times???

F

Nurburgring Nordschleife. Not the best times I've seen but respectable. Let me know when you get down in the 7's with me and my mighty SRT-8.

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=10073

JonCR96Z
10-27-07, 01:35 PM
Obviously, they're 1/8 mile times. Which would make for a mid to high 13 in the 1/4.

What was the MPH?

Scotty7751
10-27-07, 05:11 PM
Nurburgring Nordschleife. Not the best times I've seen but respectable. Let me know when you get down in the 7's with me and my mighty SRT-8.

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=10073

yeah and that link did nothing.........couldnt find your car or mine...... and im sure if i had another 50 hp such as yourself i would go faster too as do most cars.... also it was 53 degrees and the track had no prep cus it was only street races and they didnt want to waste the Vht for 6 cars goin around and around......

trap speeds we 86 mph or so. with a 2.3 to 2.5 60' times really bad wheel hop. thought i broke the rear a couple hard launches but still did decent.

CVP33
10-27-07, 11:38 PM
yeah and that link did nothing.........couldnt find your car or mine...... and im sure if i had another 50 hp such as yourself i would go faster too as do most cars.... also it was 53 degrees and the track had no prep cus it was only street races and they didnt want to waste the Vht for 6 cars goin around and around......

trap speeds we 86 mph or so. with a 2.3 to 2.5 60' times really bad wheel hop. thought i broke the rear a couple hard launches but still did decent.

Just kidding. My car's a pig on a road course and hardly ready for the Nurburgring. I can however run 12.9X's in the quarter. As for the real track, we'll find out in December at VIR. I'll be running with Trukk and hopefully I can keep this pig out of the grass and off the walls. New Vredesteins on the way. Maybe Chris can take some pics so BigJim can point and laugh. :highfive:

lunarx
10-28-07, 01:02 AM
Pretty Good.
My WRX ran an 8.7 @ 81.9 with a crappy launch (bog) and a bad tune (before I got it properly tuned).

Thats fast enough to take a mildly modded Ram SRT-10 and SRT-4 (that's what I took out that night).
Probably enough to take an SRT-Anything (except the Viper) :lildevil:

At least you have a baseline established now, before it's Maggie time.

Woody_MI
10-28-07, 01:36 AM
I just pulled out my timeslip from my last "track" day where I ran a 13.206@104.90 in the quater. The 1/8th mile was 8.604@85.25 with a 2.050 60' for reference. If your car is stock like mine, ease up on the launch a little. I left at 2k easing out the clutch while adding throttle. Too late for this year, but something you can pratice before next season.