: Are there any worthwhile performance mods for the 98 north*?

limoguy
10-26-07, 10:22 AM
just looking to run at maximum performance without causing pain to engine:thepan:

Submariner409
10-26-07, 11:28 AM
:hide: I don't want to start a pissing contest, but above and below all your posts for the last month there are threads about exhausts, wheels, wild sand rail N*'s, air box mods, why CAI's aren't the most cost-effective way to go, mufflers, catalytic convertors, Y-pipes, "butt plugs", PCM tuning, and gosh-knows-what.

Search threads by STS2003, HITMONEY, codewize, other DIY modders, and scrounge around the Deville ^^ forum.

There's enough in here to fill a book. Nothing earth-shattering can be done, mind you, just little stuff to help a bit (except for some intelligent exhaust work.....).

This question is quite a flip flop from your post at the bottom of the page concerning WOT's.........

limoguy
10-26-07, 12:18 PM
yes I know...I dont have this car more the a month submariner. This is my first northstar. Previously, I have had towncars & crown vic police package. So, im learning as I go. Thanks

misfit6794
10-26-07, 01:10 PM
The northstar is making about 99 percent of its maximum output from the factory. You may pick up a couple horses with a good exhaust, other than that, there's nothing you can do to it.

limoguy
10-26-07, 03:40 PM
thanks misfit

misfit6794
10-26-07, 04:41 PM
Of course you could always sell the deville and pick up a 94-96 fleetwood with the corvette lt-1, you'll run out of money before you run out of mods to do to it. Or if you wana go really fast, there's always the xlr-v or cts-v

limoguy
10-26-07, 09:05 PM
haha..if i didnt have child support i would buy new!! ill work with mine

Crown Vic Owner
10-27-07, 02:37 PM
The northstar is making about 99 percent of its maximum output from the factory. You may pick up a couple horses with a good exhaust, other than that, there's nothing you can do to it.

Um, tbh, I came from crown vics and we were lucky to bbe able to use a lot of mustang preformance parts.

The best way to get preformance outta these northstars is general mantaince and running it hard. A tune from aj is also a good idea, and one member here put a snail on it. That thing ****in moves.

CadillacSTS42005
10-27-07, 02:55 PM
thanks for the props Sub
oh for Christ sake
someone please for once search before asking this question....
exhaust, tb, nitrous, intake and recently AJ tune if you can get the man to sit down long enough to actually do a Q&A and get the pcm
THATS IT