: who's V is on the bottle?

VCAT
10-25-07, 02:05 PM
I have been asking a lot of questions lately about different mods, i'm just trying to decide which way to go and how much money to spend. Does anyone have their V on the bottle? is it safe for the LS6, any precautions to take, thanks for the help guys!

cobrayankee
10-25-07, 02:16 PM
Has someone been browsing the classifieds today?
;)

VCAT
10-25-07, 02:18 PM
actually last night. howd you guess? :rolleyes:

Mystical_Ice
10-25-07, 04:56 PM
LOL yeah i was/am considering it too :P

JimmyH
10-25-07, 05:12 PM
bcholka, where are u?

LV_V
10-25-07, 06:53 PM
Vegas V has a little juice on his. Maybe he'll chime in here. Went for ride with him, then he kicked on the juice. NICE. I just don't have the balls to juice mine. I break shit every month on a regular basis as it is, I could not imagine what would happen to this POS if I hit it with a 100 shot.

rand49er
10-25-07, 06:59 PM
When I bought my car (now nearly three years ago), I asked the dealer's service manager (the dealer is a vendor here ... I see his ad in the far right column as I write this) if he had noted any problems with differentials in the '04/'05 V's. He said, "No," (:eek: can you believe it!) but did mention someone who had blown their motor from a way-heavy dose of nitrous.

Without a doubt, probably the most economical way to get a bunch of HP I will gladly say. :D

Mystical_Ice
10-25-07, 07:00 PM
I could not imagine what would happen to this POS if...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so true.

who was it that blew his engine up with nitrous, and then, on the side of the freeway, he ripped it all out, called cadillac, had his car towed to the dealer, and cadillac fixed it under warranty...

i remember hearing about that.

VCAT
10-25-07, 07:47 PM
i wouldn't do more than 100 shot but i am still up in the air about what i want to do...I will remember to yank it all out tho if she blows lol!

1QUICKV
10-25-07, 08:02 PM
she wont blow if you are not holding the buttom for a long time. Hit it and let go of the buttom. If your goin to use it everyday then just go get a s/c or maggie. other wise your motor's goin to be gone. and the rear should be fine as long as you dont try to hit the nos off the line. Nos should be used in 5th gear or 4th gear, 3rd, and maybe 2nd but not in 1st, then you'll blow the rear. I dont know but this is what i THINK, is it trew?

VCAT
10-25-07, 08:13 PM
Im just not sure about dropping that much money on a s/c but it wouldn't be an every day thing just for show and the rare track apperance.

CTSV_Rob
10-25-07, 09:31 PM
I would recommend Headers and a tune.

Won't give you as much power as a Supercharger or Nitrous but it should give you close to 30HP and it will give your exhaust a nice mean tone.

Don't like the bottle, it runs empty! (leave the nitrous for the ricers)

type911
10-25-07, 10:01 PM
Don't like the bottle, it runs empty! (leave the nitrous for the ricers)

I am a happy ricer then. This is the first of many cars that have not had the bottle. I have never blown a motor or done damage with Nitrous. It is all in the tune and users ability to use it properly. I double dare you to go to the track and call all the people using N2O Ricers.

CTSV_Rob
10-25-07, 10:13 PM
HappyRicer would be a cool name for the forum!

Sure Nitrous has it's place but the fact still remians that the bottle will run empty and it's not as easy to fill as the gas tank.

Good for the track but I think for the street there are better alternatives (this is of course an opinion).

type911
10-25-07, 11:50 PM
HappyRicer would be a cool name for the forum!

Sure Nitrous has it's place but the fact still remians that the bottle will run empty and it's not as easy to fill as the gas tank.

Good for the track but I think for the street there are better alternatives (this is of course an opinion).

Well that all depends. I have a filling station a couple blocks away. Takes 10 minutes to fill. Using occasionally I was only filling once every 2 weeks. I have had turbo's, SC's and nitrous. N2o would be my drug of choice.

Scotty7751
10-26-07, 04:25 PM
Mystical that was my friend he blew his truck up at the drag strip from a nitrous leak and took all the stuff off and them put it on the side of the road and called chevrolet it all got put under warranty.

Luna.
10-26-07, 05:16 PM
Well that all depends. I have a filling station a couple blocks away. Takes 10 minutes to fill. Using occasionally I was only filling once every 2 weeks. I have had turbo's, SC's and nitrous. N2o would be my drug of choice.

Bang-for-the-buck, you can't beat NOS. It's all about the lameness of filling up the bottle. If you can hack it, go for it. If you don't ever want to worry about it, go S/C. The S/C is, in most cases, the "better" answer, BUT it's a lot more $$ and not as easy to go back to stock if you ever wanted to.

TXSilverV
10-27-07, 11:16 AM
Blew my LS6 using Nitrous but I had more than a 100 shot. I also used a 10LB bottle in about 10 minutes. However I have used it on many cars before with no problem. I did go over the top on this car with the amount I used. I got my 408 that I wanted so I guess it all works out.

NormV
10-27-07, 11:26 AM
What does it cost to full up?

Norm

Parker
10-27-07, 11:33 AM
I had a 200shot on my stock LS6 and never blew it up, and I have been through more than 20 n2o highway bombs without a problem!

randycsvt
10-27-07, 12:27 PM
hp per dollar you can't beat nitrous. I had a 75hp shot on my current car (1999 Ford Contour SVT) and it was a blast. A nitrous kit only costs a few hundred bucks anyways. If you are worried about safety you could install a fuel pressure safety switch and RPM window switch.

How can you beat 100hp that can be installed in an hour or two, and removed in about half the time if you blow something up (which you shouldn't if you are smart about it and have a tune.

(I feel odd posting on this forum, but I will be getting a CTSV soon, so I guess its ok)

lawfive
10-27-07, 12:33 PM
My V's driver is on the bottle

CTSV_Rob
10-27-07, 01:09 PM
hp per dollar you can't beat nitrous. I had a 75hp shot on my current car (1999 Ford Contour SVT) and it was a blast. A nitrous kit only costs a few hundred bucks anyways. If you are worried about safety you could install a fuel pressure safety switch and RPM window switch.

How can you beat 100hp that can be installed in an hour or two, and removed in about half the time if you blow something up (which you shouldn't if you are smart about it and have a tune.

(I feel odd posting on this forum, but I will be getting a CTSV soon, so I guess its ok)
:welcome:

Looks like you will fit right in.

Interesting, so is this a drunk chauffeur? ;)

Twitch
10-27-07, 04:04 PM
I am a happy ricer then. This is the first of many cars that have not had the bottle. I have never blown a motor or done damage with Nitrous. It is all in the tune and users ability to use it properly. I double dare you to go to the track and call all the people using N2O Ricers.

Hey, if you have the time, maybe you can start a new thread about N2O. Pros, cons, filling the bottle, when to use it and anything else needed with it.
I'm a little worried about getting the bottle but its a nice thought to know under a G, and I'm done with horsepower mods for a long time. Then my $$$ can go towards handling, looks and a wheel hop kit.
I'm kinda interested but dont know anything about it. When do you hit the botton? How long do I hold it down? What does the shot # mean. I'm not new, but I've never looked into this.

I check the forum before I do anything with my V. Would be great to see what the guys here have to say about it.

benelliwang
10-28-07, 02:05 AM
Not on my V yet, but I've had a 150 shot wet kit on my Heads/cam ls1 vette. Had it for 3 years. It's a TNT kit so they kind of dyno high. My car was dynoed around 420 rwhp and TNT kit would have given it another 160 rwhp. It was fun to switch on the kill mode and spray my ass into 580 rwhp on a 32000 lbs car.

But like any thing, you have to be ready for it. Tune that car for it, get good gas, colder plugs, etc etc...

The C5 is now getting a forged motor with twin trubos. The old LS1 is going into the 70 Camaro but I will probably swap the Nitrous kit to a Direct Port so I can spray a 300 shot...Which means I will have a TNT kit sitting around doing nothing, might as well put it on the V.:thumbsup:

And last, please please please stop calling it nos aks "Naaawwwsss". N.O.S. is a company brand, just type Nitrous or N2O. Leave the Naaawwwzz to the ricers.

svassh
10-28-07, 03:24 PM

Points for genius line. :alchi: