: Is there such a thing as.....

firmegirl93
04-28-04, 04:49 AM
I was just wondering if there was such a thing as too much wax. Most waxes recommend a coat every 2-4 months. I tend to hand-wax my car every Sunday.......it has almost become a religion for me. I've just recently wondered if this could be a bad thing. What do you all think?

hcvone
04-28-04, 08:25 AM
Most carnauba waxes are cleaner waxes, so you can apply as often as you like because the new layer you are applying is removing anything that is on the car, and most good carnauba waxes only last for several weeks, less if you drive through rain or wash your car. There are several synthetic products that will allow you to wax your car 2-3 times a year and it will look great in between, but if you have the time then wax away, you are not hurting anything depending on the products you are using

exceldetail
04-30-04, 08:51 PM
Depending on the color of your cars paint, you may see some yellowing if you apply frequently. Not to argue with HC, my takes a little different. Some waxes have a minute bit of either chemical or abrasive cleaners. The good carnaubas DONT, there pure wax protectant, and as HC mentioned, they dont last long, a couple weeks with daily driving if your lucky. Once surface temps reach 170+ deg's, the protection has either evaporated or simply melted away. There are more than a handful of polymer products these days, Turtle Wax now makes a Platinum series, Meg's has had a product for some time, #20, and there Medallion line, Mothers makes "Reflection", theres Nu-Finish (a little solventy for my liking) Prestone makes one just calles "Wax" sealant, not too mention Zaino, Blackfire, Platinum, FourStar, Poorpboys, Klasse, and i could add more......
Your best bet is to use a polymer, and top with a Carnauba (without a cleaner, S100 or PS21 rings a bell). Your not hurting anything, but i think you may be losing clarity and depth with multiple coats, not too mention micromarring (Tiny scratches) your surface with all the contact.
What are you using to apply and remove products with anyway ???

Speedingpenguin
05-01-04, 12:04 PM
Use Zaino. Although I have never personally used it, I hear its GREAT, and the more coats you give it, the better it looks :-)
http://www.zainostore.com/
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/photos/drbonz350z.htmThats what 50 layers looks like on a 350z