: Lowered V & wheelhop?

VCAT
10-24-07, 03:36 PM
Anyone lower their V and notice an improvement in wheelhop?

tweeter81
10-24-07, 04:07 PM
No improvement in my experience, but the type of tire (non-runflat) can make a pretty significant difference in the intensity of the suspension oscillations that occur during wheelhop situations. Another thing that may help is to turn off your Traction Control (by holding the TC button down for at least 5 seconds). But the absolute best course of action is to baby the V off the line and then let the superior torque and horsepower present in the higher rpm ranges shine through. That way you don't have to worry about weakening the innards of your diff and jarring your fillings loose with wheelhop.

atdeneve
10-24-07, 04:29 PM
Holding it down turns off Stability. Pressing it once turns off Traction. Twice, comp mode. Thrice and hold, everything off (same as holding it down).

VCAT
10-24-07, 07:12 PM
I've done all that, got the bfg kdw g-force tires and took tc and stability control off and still get the hop the one thing i know i am not doing is being gentle at the start, i will have to work on that! thanks!

CTSV_Rob
10-24-07, 07:43 PM
Not much wheel hop anymore but I do take it easy off the line. I have more troubles with Wheelhop in the rain, don't understand that.

BTW, Running the BFG KDW2's and did notice that the wheelhop is not as bad. I usually push it to were you get just a little wheel spin off the line then nail it once it's hooked up through 2nd and 3rd.

V + Throttle = :D

STAGEUP
10-24-07, 10:06 PM
Just run BFG G force 275/35/18 drag radials 24/7, and forget about your wheelhop days. :)

CTSV_Rob
10-24-07, 10:20 PM
What wheels are you running on?

VCAT
10-25-07, 01:01 PM
What wheels are you running on?

if your asking me i'm on stockers, if your not asking then i just wanted to tell everyone!

whisler151
10-25-07, 01:34 PM
I've never really experienced much wheel hop...I will get on it hard today and see if lowering it helped much. The ride is a lot more rough though.

VCAT
10-25-07, 01:37 PM
sweet, thanks. haven't herd from you in a while whisler??

Seattle CTS-V
10-25-07, 07:07 PM
My wheelhop was the same after lowering. The only thing that has ever helped wheelhop is the KARS Stage 3 kit. Oh, and not flooring it off idle.

rand49er
10-25-07, 07:47 PM
... lowering ... ride is a lot more rough ...What spring rates do you have?

Shocks?