: Clutch Gravity Bleed

fredcook
10-24-07, 11:09 AM
It's a pain to bleed the clutch using the traditional method (pump, pump, open close, etc., etc....) and was wondering if anyone has tried gravity bleeding on the V. I've seen it work on other cars. It takes a little longer, but it's easier... open the two ends, and watch the reservoir for a half hour or so... while making sure the beer doesn't get too warm.

Flyboy
10-24-07, 11:16 AM
Haven't tried that.....What a great idea....!!!!

I don't see why it can't work.

nikon
10-24-07, 12:52 PM
I've got a motive brake bleeder, could I use it in lieu or would that harm the system to pressurize it?

fredcook
10-24-07, 08:43 PM
Not sure if pressurizing would do damage or not...

CTSV_Rob
10-24-07, 08:47 PM
It is a hydraulic system so I don't see why it would harm it. What do you think would fail when you pressurize it?

nikon
10-24-07, 10:38 PM
well, I didn't think it was pressurized in the reservoir like the master cylinder is....at least it doesn't look like it is...looks like it just feeds the cylinder....am I wrong?

CTSV_Rob
10-24-07, 10:42 PM
I don't know, that's why I was asking. When I popped the cap off Yesterday it was sealed but that could just be to keep moisture out.

How much pressure do you put on it anyways? Never used a power bleeder before and I have been thinking of getting one. If it would work on the clutch this would just be another good reason to buy one.

nikon
10-24-07, 10:56 PM
^^ well on the instructions it says never exceed 20psi and to pump it up to 10psi to check for leaks, so I dunno. I bought the GM specific one so it only screws onto the brake reservoir...they sell a universal one, so it could work...dunno if it would work though.