: Car will not turn over....

afterburn
10-23-07, 07:57 PM
1994 Cadillac Seville SLS

Hi, sorry for the bother, but i was wondering if you guys can help me out.

Well today, while trying to turn on my car, I tried to turn it on but wouldn't even crank, turnover or atleast make any noise. The Voltage meter says I have about 12.3Volts my gas is about 1/4 empty. The display says: "CHECK FUEL GAGE" and i think its wrong.

I don't know what it can be, the only codes i have are the Shift Solenoid B, Rear Wheel Speed Sensor (T033).

Any idea what it can be?

Or one last thing, I have the Emergency Brake On, and when i turn the key to put the car in DRIVE, the brake will not release.

Ranger
10-23-07, 10:59 PM
The parking brake will not release because it is vacuum operated and with the engine off there is no vacuum. There is a manual release handle under the dash. Watch you head if you release it while looking for it.

As far as the no crank, check the battery & cables. It may have 12v but with a shorted cell. Do the lights and other accessories work?

afterburn
10-23-07, 11:58 PM
Thanks on the tip for the brake.

And as for the crank, the lights and everything else works, I checked if it would power my sound system and it does. All electrical works. I doubt its the starter, or should i not be doubting it?

Ranger
10-24-07, 12:12 AM
I am going to go out on a limb here and say it's the battery. Possibly cables, but my money is on the battery.