: How To Tell If Awd?

LLCoolJson
10-22-07, 08:04 PM
Hi, is there a way to tell if the sts is awd without seeing the back?...is there something in the vin? also, it has the rims with the screws....are these rims exclusive to the STS 4? also what tires came on the STS 4? Thanx

dkozloski
10-22-07, 08:19 PM
Hi, is there a way to tell if the sts is awd without seeing the back?...is there something in the vin? also, it has the rims with the screws....are these rims exclusive to the STS 4? also what tires came on the STS 4? Thanx
STS 4 on the trunklid is not definitive. My V8 '06 AWD STS doesn't have the "4" but it's AWD. Turn the front wheels as far as they'll go and you can easily see the drive axles for the front wheels. The option codes are printed on a tag on the bottom side of the spare tire cover in the trunk.

LLCoolJson
10-22-07, 08:32 PM
Thanx, but i was trying to tell from pics......its a 2005....i saw a awd and then i noticed it had the same wheels and tires as the one i was looking at.just thought maybe there was something in the vin or something i could tell by looking at the car...

dkozloski
10-22-07, 08:34 PM
Nope! If the wheel caps are off you can see the nuts that hold the hubs to the axles in the front.

LLCoolJson
10-22-07, 09:37 PM
Were the rims with the screws an options? and if so were they part of a package?

AllWheelEric
10-23-07, 12:05 AM
It's nearly impossible to tell AWD visually.
Those "faceted" rims came with the 1SG package. Get a copy of the ordering guide, which shows all these option and package details (look around on this site for a PDF... sorry I don't have a link).