: Finished off the season with a new PB

Woody_MI
10-22-07, 06:55 PM
Didn't have time to get another track day in, so I decided to another trip to the dragstrip to see how the PS2's worked being able to adjust the air pressure and having it actually make a difference. To not make this a long story, front tires at 36lbs and rears at 26lbs. Car is still bone stock.

R/T .026
60' 2.050
1/4 13.206
MPH 104.9

The weather was around 65 with approximately 15-20MPH head wind. Launched at 2000 easing out of the clutch and adding throttle. I found that the PS2's are better hot, but they still hop :banghead: at every shift as expected.

I'm happy to close out the season with a new PB. Time now to focus on the move to Austin where they're probably still racing!

NormV
10-22-07, 08:37 PM
Nice 60'! Looks your getting some sidewall scrunch that the runflats will not yield. :)

What elevation?

Norm

Didn't have time to get another track day in, so I decided to another trip to the dragstrip to see how the PS2's worked being able to adjust the air pressure and having it actually make a difference. To not make this a long story, front tires at 36lbs and rears at 26lbs. Car is still bone stock.

R/T .026
60' 2.050
1/4 13.206
MPH 104.9

The weather was around 65 with approximately 15-20MPH head wind. Launched at 2000 easing out of the clutch and adding throttle. I found that the PS2's are better hot, but they still hop :banghead: at every shift as expected.

I'm happy to close out the season with a new PB. Time now to focus on the move to Austin where they're probably still racing!

rand49er
10-22-07, 09:37 PM
I'm guessing he's at about 600 ft (+ or -).

So, John, I guess this means we won't be going to the NAIAS in January, right? Sounds exciting going to Austin, though. Good Luck! :highfive:

BTW, very respectable time/MPH, too!!!

Flyboy
10-22-07, 10:13 PM
VERY GOOD TIMES......for an all stock car.

Woody_MI
10-23-07, 10:24 AM
Norm,

The elevation according to wikipedia is 915'. Unfortunately the track doesn't put the weather information on the time slip, but looking at weatherunderground.com is says at the time of my run it was 65F, 32% humidity, barometric pressure was 29.72 with west (headwinds for the track) winds at 16MPH gusting to 24.

Randy,

You were close! ;) But yes, it's going to suck missing NAIAS this year, especially if they do reveal the 09 V. I expect pictures if you go. Who knows, maybe I can sneak a trip home just to go, just don't tell my wife ;)

btw, VT is open again. Scott bought out the owner and reopened the shop. Are you going to take your car back there to see how much you gained from the maggie?

Thanks Flyboy!