: Aftermarket coilovers

ZEUSROTTY
10-22-07, 05:45 PM
Why couldnt we, Or could we just find a company that makes coil overs for beamers or something, and see if we could match a set to one of ours?

All we would need is the correct top and bottom fitment, and they seem to come in all kinds of different rebound and dampning.

The problem is that our shocks dont work well with the aftermarket springs... Like the eibachs that come with the ground control setup...

pimpcaddy
10-23-07, 12:11 AM
KW Automotive has them available along with ST sway bars. Announcement for pricing is on the back burner until SEMA is over.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/kw3.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/kw2.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/KW1.jpg

Dave

lunarx
10-23-07, 05:01 AM
KW Automotive has them available along with ST sway bars. Announcement for pricing is on the back burner until SEMA is over.

Dave

For real this time?
They keep saying 2 weeks every time I call. :annoyed:

ZEUSROTTY
10-23-07, 12:13 PM
sweet... I am so glad I asked then...

pimpcaddy
10-23-07, 12:22 PM
I just spoke with my buddy at KW. He is swamped with prep for the SEMA show but will provide me with a contact so anyone that's interested can speak directly for pricing and product info. The short story is that Germany made a few changes to the kit so that was the cause for delay.

Dave

CTSV_Rob
10-23-07, 06:08 PM
Hey Dave we haven't seen you around here for a while I hope things are going well for you!

Still tempting me with these coil over kits they are. So how are you liking yours now that you have some miles on it?

pimpcaddy
10-23-07, 06:23 PM
Rob,

You may or may not have read Frank's review. Post # 24.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/103632-going-kw-tomorrow-3.html

Let me know when you want to get together and you can see/feel how well the suspension works for yourself.

Dave

P.S. this offer is open to anyone else interested in the KW set-up.

CTSV_Rob
10-23-07, 06:28 PM
Maybe it's time we put a meet together. I was hoping more people would show up to the race but there were only a handful of us.

V is down now but hope to have it running by the weekend.

I have read the review a couple of times and it get's me all excited but I was just wondering if you still feel the same after all this time. I would like to compare it to mine so the next time we get together maybe you can take me for a spirited run!

vettethret
10-23-07, 09:37 PM
Why couldnt we, Or could we just find a company that makes coil overs for beamers or something, and see if we could match a set to one of ours?

All we would need is the correct top and bottom fitment, and they seem to come in all kinds of different rebound and dampning.

The problem is that our shocks dont work well with the aftermarket springs... Like the eibachs that come with the ground control setup...

Do a search and you'll see my post. I have k-sport fully adjustable coil overs on my car. You can adjust the shocks themselves. I have my car lowered over 3 inches and the ride is MUCH better than stock. You retain full suspension travel with this set up even lowered to the max. I paid about $1300 and that was with an extra set of rear springs (eibachs) that I got for the back ( I stiffened them a bit). These things are unbelievable for the price. I'm sure the KW's will cost twice as much. I may be trading in my car for a new GMC truck in the next month and will be selling them. Again, do a search on these. There's an 8 page thread.:thumbsup:

ZEUSROTTY
10-23-07, 11:05 PM
Do a search and you'll see my post. I have k-sport fully adjustable coil overs on my car. You can adjust the shocks themselves. I have my car lowered over 3 inches and the ride is MUCH better than stock. You retain full suspension travel with this set up even lowered to the max. I paid about $1300 and that was with an extra set of rear springs (eibachs) that I got for the back ( I stiffened them a bit). These things are unbelievable for the price. I'm sure the KW's will cost twice as much. I may be trading in my car for a new GMC truck in the next month and will be selling them. Again, do a search on these. There's an 8 page thread.:thumbsup:

from what i hear they are very soft though...

vettethret
10-24-07, 09:03 PM
from what i hear they are very soft though...

Get stiffer springs, I did.