: What are the chances...

faylix
10-22-07, 12:20 PM
So with the rumor thread promising a new rear diff for the new CTS-V, what are you chances of getting this "new diff" installed under warrenty for us old cats?

My 06's warrenty has 3 years or so and about 30k miles. I can def make it till the new V hits the street. They did it for 04 and 05's with the 06 diff. What about my 06 with the new one? :worship:

J

heavymetals
10-22-07, 12:27 PM
ZERO unless it is a retrofit and they discontinue the original.

The Tony Show
10-22-07, 12:38 PM
The new CTS has a totally different rear cradle and attachment points for the diff, so there'd be some serious fab work needed. 0% chance of retrofit under warranty, although it'd be interesting to see if the whole cradle could be swapped in there somehow. Hmmmm....

nikon
10-22-07, 02:56 PM
your also assuming that the new diff is going to be any better than the current one.....

CTSV_Rob
10-22-07, 06:58 PM
Good point.

It's supposed to be but until I see someone build up an 09 to take at 550RWHP and the rear end survives I am not a believer.

Mystical_Ice
10-22-07, 07:44 PM
your also assuming that the new diff is going to be any better than the current one.....

pretty good assumption... a car that's going to have 150HP more than our Vs had better have a better differential, or they'll be breaking their rears before they even get out of the parking lot.

if Cadillac's paid any attention to some of the issues with the 04-07s (which i'm pretty sure they must have... the differential problems are one of the problems in the forefront it seems), then i'm sure they'll address that problem :)

faylix
10-22-07, 09:39 PM

your assuming? My assuming? :nono:

You should have come watch the UFC fights with us. Rich franklin got :crying:

nikon
10-22-07, 10:11 PM
trust me, I was havin fun :D ....had to call my pops to give me a ride home :p

And really who knows, I too will believe it when I see it....