Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Bose Radio Problem

Tags
ext
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cjung 
#1 ·
Hi all....I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having with my 2001 Eldo Bose radio. Twice, I've started the car and the radio refuses to come on. The power antenna doesn't raise, can't use the cassette or cd......nothing. I've tried turning the car off and restarting it, but nothing. The first time this happened, the radio and all components started working again in an hour.....the second time it took till the next day to work. Other then that....the Bose system works perfectly. Any ideas? Thanks, Craig

#2 ·
You most likely have a bad connection on the wiring harness attaching to the head unit. Most likely its the 12V remote wire, its a blue wire into the harness. This is the wire that feeds the power to the stereo when you turn on the ignition. (this way it wont power it full time and drain your battery) A visit to any car audio store should be able to help you out, either that or a friend that you trust enough to take yor dash apart and not end up with extra pieces...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.