: Catera vs Catera Sport ????

razu13612
10-21-07, 11:47 AM
I have owned my Cat since Moby Dick was a minnow, and have heard/read NOTHING that indicates a regular model and/or a sport model......On this forum, some of the members refer to their Cat as a Sport Model......What gives? Are they trying to say their Cat is a sporty modelled car or what? If there is a difference, how do you tell? Different engine, special grille, stamped logo, chrome plated/high speed dip stick???????

CateraMV6
10-21-07, 12:31 PM
Major Available Options

* Heated Front Seats
* Memory Package
* Rear Spoiler
* Bose® AM Stereo/FM Stereo, Cassette Tape, Single Slot CD, Weather Band, Digital Signal Processing, Radio Data System, Theftlock™
* 12-Disc CD Changer
* Wheels, Chrome
* Wood Trim Package (steering wheel and shift knob)
* Catera Sport Package Includes: Exterior colors: Ebony, Ivory and Platinum
Interior: Stone Leather, Heated front seat, power eight-way adjustable with three-position memory
Solar Reflect, Specific brushed aluminum interior trim, Specific matte silver grille, Specific rear spoiler, Specific Sport ZJ1 suspension, Specific five-spoke machined wheels, 17" wheels and tires 235/45R17-H rated, Xenon High-Intersity Discharge (HID) headlamps

mrplease
10-21-07, 01:07 PM
well obviously you haven't looked very hard.

he's a quick overview from msn auto:

"The optional Sport Package receives new 17-inch aluminum wheels with H-rated Goodyear tires, high-intensity discharge xenon headlights, brushed-aluminum interior trim, and sport suspension, to mention a few."

elvin315
10-21-07, 01:27 PM
The Catera Sport isn't badged as such but there are features unique to it.

Sport Tuned Suspension
stiffer front and rear springs
struts and shocks with increased compression and rebound
enhanced valving for the rear shocks
5 Spoke 17" Wheels
235-45/HR17 Tires
Vented Rear Brake Discs vs. Solid Discs
High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlights
Exterior Color Choices were Ebony, Ivory, and Platinum.
Satin Silver Grille
Satin Silver Interior Trim vs. Faux Woodgrain
Standard Rear Wing

UPDATE: The only Catera Sport Badges are on the Hubcaps.

Elvin

Aleksus
10-28-07, 04:00 AM
This is a good explanation. Does Rear Spoiler go only for "" SPORT"" ? My parents have a Catera 1997 and this car has a Rear Spoiler but doesn.t have the sign "" SPORT"",so this is a regular model ...

elvin315
10-28-07, 11:01 AM
This is a good explanation. Does Rear Spoiler go only for "" SPORT"" ? My parents have a Catera 1997 and this car has a Rear Spoiler but doesn.t have the sign "" SPORT"",so this is a regular model ...

Wing or no wing, if the interior is trimmed with silver instead of faux wood then it's a Sport. Wheels and wings could have been added later, and the suspension is impossible to ID by itself, but the silver grille and interior came only on the Sport and it's unlikely that anyone would change them especially around the instruments.

Elvin

Aleksus
10-30-07, 01:23 AM
Oh ok,if so then they have just a regular model

10KTGOLD
11-16-07, 05:55 PM
Major Available Options

* Heated Front Seats ( i have ,and heated rear )

* Memory Package ( i have )

* Rear Spoiler ( nope )

* Bose® AM Stereo/FM Stereo, Cassette Tape, Single Slot CD, Weather Band, Digital Signal Processing, Radio Data System, Theftlock™ ( i have )

* 12-Disc CD Changer ( i have )

* Wheels, Chrome ( i have )

* Wood Trim Package (steering wheel and shift knob) ( i have )

* Catera Sport Package Includes: Exterior colors: Ebony, Ivory and Platinum ( i have cranberry )

Interior: Stone Leather ( i have shale ), Heated front seat, power eight-way adjustable with three-position memory ( i have )

Solar Reflect, ( rear sunshade i have )

Specific brushed aluminum interior trim, ( dont have )

Specific matte silver grille, ( i have chrome blackish gold )

Specific rear spoiler, ( nope )

Specific Sport ZJ1 suspension, ( i have )

Specific five-spoke machined wheels, ( chrome ones )

17" wheels and tires 235/45R17-H rated, ( 16" )

Xenon High-Intersity Discharge (HID) headlamps ( 1999 )

theres the list of the stuff that the sport comes with. seein it says hids then this must be for 00+

thats what my car has and doesnt have. i also have the intergrated phone. and my title says 1999 cad catera/spt spt meaning sport.... so what gives

10KTGOLD
11-16-07, 06:07 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-01-Cadillac-Catera-Sport-Hubcap-Center-Cap-1757_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43961QQihZ019QQite mZ8075255349QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V