: Why don't people have sig pics here?

ProlepsisMaximus
05-14-03, 09:38 PM
At all the other car forums I go to, most people have pictures of their car in their signature (except for a brief period when Maxima.org banned sig pics because some people were abusing the privilege with ridiculously long sigs), but I have yet to see a single sig pic here other than my own. Not that I have combed every thread or anything, but I would have expected to at least see something by now. Are sig pics a nono around here?

lux hauler
05-14-03, 10:12 PM
<-----------------my truck's over here:)
I don't think a picture in your sig is discouraged but I can see how it would eat away at the server bandwidth if it was abused.

elwesso
05-14-03, 10:28 PM
I think it takes up too much room, IMO

BeelzeBob
05-15-03, 06:48 AM
It's okay as long as the images are small like yours.. It does take up room but it's also nice to see people's cars.. It's a trade-off. It's not against the rules. :)

Katshot
05-15-03, 08:07 AM
Some people get carried away with their sig.

Elvis
05-15-03, 10:16 AM
If you use the quick reply it doesn't automatically show your sig.

I like that feature. Otherwise you waste a lot of time scrolling through pictures that you've seen a hundred times.

It's not fair to people on dial-up, either.

But here's mine if anyone wants to see it.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
05-15-03, 01:44 PM
Also we have an entire pictures section. Lets keep photos to that or to specific threads or to the side. I can just imagine having to sit at my computer and scroll through a bazillion photos just to read a thread. But what your doing isnt that bad. The gentleman with the pearl white cts had it going on pretty bad. (Or maybe im just jealous because he has pictures up before me)

caddyg
05-15-03, 06:42 PM
How do you insert the pic anyway? can I use a jpg? or it has to be a link?. thx

BeelzeBob
05-16-03, 09:06 AM
When you use quick reply, the options aren't there (yet). If you use the full reply (click the reply button), you'll see the options to add images...