: When (what mileage) did you replace their clutch for the first time on their V's?

verbs
10-20-07, 04:15 PM
.....as the title says, and what was your driving style and driving habits? I'm at 20K miles on my stock clutch and wondering when I should expect to replace it? I beat the piss out of my car on the streets, but no track use.

SkullV
10-20-07, 11:29 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/33161d1184592732-nav-buttons-covered-under-warrenty-pointer.jpg

Naf
10-21-07, 03:32 AM
HEHEHEHE, i got the same thing before....

I would see the clutch resevoir, much like the brake resevoir. Once you notice it a bit low change the clutch out...But thats how i check...Search past posts, they will be more accurate.

:D:D:D:D

bjohnso0
10-22-07, 12:02 AM
I pulled mine for a Z06 Clutch at 21K and it had plenty of life left on it, but it was showing signs of heat damage. I would bet that mine would have given me problems around 40K.

Koooop
10-22-07, 11:35 PM
Mine went at about 18,000 miles. I picked the car up at the dealer from service, 20 unexplained miles, pizza boxes, foot prints on my seats and windows, greasy pizza finger prints everywhere, busted rear end mount and a fried clutch.

Hope that helps.

2k6V4me
10-25-07, 02:42 AM
let's see, i took the 06 v in at 6800 miles because it was tough going into reverse, they replaced the clutch master cylinder, flywheel, and pressure plate. i picked it up on a late friday evening to not being able to get into reverse at all, brought it back at 7100 miles to a different dealer. they said the clutch was burned up, so they replaced the flywheel, pressure plate, and clutch master cylinder, not sure why it would go out with only 300 miles, but anyways, it still won't go into reverse smoothly. a gm rep came to the dealer and said they need to figure it out. so here i am, it's been 4 weeks and i'm driving an enterprise dts... =(

oh yeah, they also said the rear differential had no fluid in it for some reason, so they replaced the rear diff. this is after taking it to the dealer 5 times complaining about the whining in the rear diff.

faylix
10-25-07, 08:11 AM
:gun2::brutal::boom:
Mine went at about 18,000 miles. I picked the car up at the dealer from service, 20 unexplained miles, pizza boxes, foot prints on my seats and windows, greasy pizza finger prints everywhere, busted rear end mount and a fried clutch.

Hope that helps.

Holly shit. I hope you tore them a new one....I got a tech trying to drive my car around the circle with the ebrake on and raised so much hell the manager came out and personally apologized, moved my car right to the front of the line and waived the alignment fee.