: I might be really stupid but..

faylix
10-20-07, 10:23 AM
Fuel'd my V up for the first time today, and I was looking for the button to open the gas cap. didnt find one. looked through the manual for about five minutes, didnt find one.

Checked the fuel door, there isnt a lip on it that makes it look like you're supposed to just pull. at this point i'm just like .... :banghead:

so i try to get my fingers under it. it opens semi-easily. When i cloesd it though after fuelling it looked like a bit of paint came off in the top corner...

WHERE IS THE DAMN FUEL POP BUTTON!?!

The Tony Show
10-20-07, 10:24 AM
There isn't one- just press in on the front of the fuel door and it will swivel open.

urbanski
10-20-07, 10:34 AM
push

Caderac
10-20-07, 11:04 AM
You mean you weren't given a freshly laundered, white cotton glove by GM, specifically for this purpose when you purchased your V??
What do you expect for a $53K vehicle? Next you'll be complaining about the trunk lid not raising when you hit the release button.

nikon
10-20-07, 11:13 AM
hehe, I think everyone has sat there and looked like an idiot at one point in time trying to open the fuel door...I did it on a couple rental cars...but on the V, ya just push in front.

onebadcad
10-20-07, 11:15 AM
I did the Prius Power Plant Conversion on mine, have not been to gas station in 9 months. Gotta love those Treehuggers and Al Gore, they are going to save us all from inevitable destruction.

P.S. Our Vs should have had a lock on the gas door...

cts-vroom!
10-20-07, 02:40 PM
You mean you weren't given a freshly laundered, white cotton glove by GM, specifically for this purpose when you purchased your V??
What do you expect for a $53K vehicle? Next you'll be complaining about the trunk lid not raising when you hit the release button.

I was just thinking the other day that I wished the trunk would pop up when released.....:D

1badjimmy
10-20-07, 02:45 PM
Heck I have pulled up with the pumps on the driver's side a few times. Only to realize it after shutting the V off. :banghead:

Berserker
10-20-07, 02:51 PM
When i got my V a week and a half ago I pulled up on the driver's side. Then I moved the car to the passenger side. I couldn't figure out how to open the door. I figured there was a button to pop it, so I looked everywhere and obviously didnt find the button. There were a few people watching me, and I got so embarassed I just went home with no gas and looked it up on the forum:D

WheelHop
10-20-07, 03:00 PM
I too looked like a tard when I 1st tried to fuel up! HAHA.
On all my other cars the lids either popped open or had a place to lift the lid open with... I got out and pushed on the opposite side of the lid of the V and it didn't open, and I was like what-tha-hell.. Got the book out and everything and it said NOTHING about a button or anything. I was pissed!!

OldRoadDawg
10-20-07, 03:35 PM
OK all you newbies . . . now 'fess up to how many times you've pulled the hood release handle when you thought you were releasing the parking brake
We've all been there - done that too

urbanski
10-20-07, 03:39 PM
OK all you newbies . . . now 'fess up to how many times you've pulled the hood release handle when you thought you were releasing the parking brake

buy a 25 cent package of self-adhesive velcro pads in a fabric store. stick the rough side to the hood release. enjoy the tactile feedback while you never pop the hood again

nikon
10-20-07, 03:42 PM

I did it over and over when i first got the car....prolly the first week or so...pissed the hell out of me.:bomb:

z06bigbird
10-20-07, 03:51 PM
Had same problem with a friend's BMW. Probably spent 10 minutes looking.

heavymetals
10-20-07, 04:13 PM

OR....

You have to be showing off the motor to some buddies while your parked on a hill or sloping driveway and you release the brake.

OH SH*T!!!!! :hide:

BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT.

CTSV_Rob
10-20-07, 09:19 PM
buy a 25 cent package of self-adhesive velcro pads in a fabric store. stick the rough side to the hood release. enjoy the tactile feedback while you never pop the hood again
I don't do it anymore but this should be on the top ten things to do when you get your V!

Great idea Urb...

Chef
10-20-07, 09:29 PM
P.S. Our Vs should have had a lock on the gas door...

and how....

V-Smooth
10-20-07, 09:41 PM
If I recall correctly...the standard CTS has the locking gas door. It's activated by the door lock/unlock switch & remote fob, but why not the V?! It's a total head scratcher! I spent how much more on the V NOT to get a locking gas door?:ill: Uh, GM, what the hell? :hmm:

Counterpoint: Base CTS with locking gas door vs. CTS-V w/o locking gas door? I'll manage without that feature thank you very much.

For all those who have fumbled with the gas door, hood/brake release...think of it as becoming "one with your V" :thumbsup:

And Heavy, I hope you caught it in time...reading that just made me cringe. Not a good thing.

heavymetals
10-20-07, 10:25 PM
Becoming "one with your V" reminds me of a joke.

You do know that Bush met recently with the Dali Lama?

They went out for a typical American meal and went to a lunch counter.

Bush ordered a hot dog and recomended it to the Dali as a real treat.

The counter guy leans over and ask's the Dali Lama;" so, how do you want your dog?"

The Dali Lama's reply?

"Make me one with everything" :hide:

The Tony Show
10-20-07, 10:34 PM
If I recall correctly...the standard CTS has the locking gas door. It's activated by the door lock/unlock switch & remote fob

You don't recall correctly- no locking gas door on any Sigma cars (CTS, STS and SRX).

thebigjimsho
10-20-07, 10:50 PM
I think almost everyone had a hard time the first time to the pump. I got my V the Thursday before Memorial Day in '04. Had a nice, full tank when I left the dealership. drove it around the first couple days and went to Lake Winnepesaukee for the long weekend. On Sunday, I was running out of gas and took it to the station in Alton.

So I look for a release and can't find one. I go and look at the fuel door and see no nub. So I go back and look for a release again. Then I go to the manual. In the meantime, I get a guy coming up to ask about the V. We talk for a minute and he comments on how great it looks. I thank him. He asks what the gas mileage is. I proceed to tell him what i got on my first tank of gas and that I'm currently trying to figure out how to open the flap. He actually shows me how to open the flap.

So I thanked him kindly. Quite embarrassing.