: Beef up a 4.6L NStar?

djp
10-20-07, 10:49 AM
What all can be done with this motor to make the car faster? i just left from a 93 lincoln mark 8 to this 94 sts, and the lincoln was soooo much faster.. i would definatly like to get some more speed in this car

i just ordered a k&n system from ebay that supposedly adds 5-10hp and gives better gas mileage..

eyekandyboats.inc
10-20-07, 11:19 AM
you know the hotter the air the worse it is for the engine thus less h/p
The box on the N*'s are designed very well.you intake will be sucking air from the engine "room"= hot air

misfit6794
10-20-07, 11:29 AM
Besides an exhaust, your shit outta luck. The northstar is making just about as much horsepower as it can possibly make from the factory. The intake may actually drop power (do a search on the forum).

Submariner409
10-20-07, 11:56 AM
As they ^^^ said, there is precious little that may be done to squeeze a couple more HP from a N*. They're factory tweaked to the max for their particular application. Your CAI (it's not) will probably cost you some low-end response. Be VERY careful if it is the oil wetted type. ANY oil in the intake tubing will foul sensors and screw up the throttlebody with gunk. Your car will sound faster because the OEM intake was designed to flow adequate air while quietening the intake noise (It's a Cadillac...) The single best change you can make which will give you a few HP at redline is to install a good (not huge) exhaust system. Do a search....there are thousands of words in here concerning good and bad exhaust work. Otherwise, there are no Accel, MSD, Taylor, MOROSO, Edelbrock mods, cams, headers, intake manifolds, valves, you-name-it. There are some expensive parts made for sand rail etc. engines, but they won't work in a sidewinder N* installation. There may be a suitable performance chip for your car. Search

djp
10-20-07, 06:00 PM
thanks for everyones help!

ThrowSumD'sONDatBiSH
10-21-07, 12:26 AM
No Mods? What about Cadillac Hot Rod Fabricators? Go here http://www.chrfab.com/ They have camshaft kits with crazy springs and they got some head work available which I will do to my caddy by myself. You can polish some sh*t in there like a port polish or head work.....Im pretty sure with enough money and tools you can bore the block out and get some kind of crazy pistons for it with bigger fuel injectors and who knows what. O yea get a chip and exhaust too and keep the stock air filter. Then hook it up to some NOS. O yea and dont forget to time-sert the block LOL!

codewize
10-21-07, 12:32 AM
The K&N is a waste of money and decreases HP in most cases. Read the threads around this one and you'll learn the ways of the N*.

The factory intake system flows more air than the N* can digest. The only bottleneck in the air flow system is the front to rear exhaust crossover, which so far has reminded unchanged due to space limitations.

BTW I'm thinking that the STS should walk all over the Lincoln.

The products at CHRF can NOT be used in a street car. they are for custom off road applications with custom engine management systems.

codewize
10-21-07, 12:34 AM
oops

clarkz71
10-21-07, 08:12 PM
Call fastchip. 15 hp dyno proven. A few of us have them & they work great.
Around $150. For 93 to 95 OBD I N*

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/clarkz71/Fastchip-1.jpg

Submariner409
10-21-07, 08:41 PM
:hide: ThrowSum.......Just how oversize can you bore an iron sleeved N* block? What engine control system does chrfab use in their cam applications? What rpm range are the cams ground for? Have you calculated the port wall thickness and what would be gained from a garage die grinder job? How sensitive are your fingertips when grinding/polishing aluminum?

Will any of this apply to a daily driver sedan?

You're comparing a street machine to a one-off sand rail. Apples/oranges.

I'm dead serious....there are many pitfalls for the home DIY modder. I have ruined a fair number of scarce cylinder heads over the years because I didn't practice before grinding.......Been there, done that.

A car you build yourself is an accomplishment. A car built for you by someone else is a trinket.

CadillacSTS42005
10-21-07, 09:15 PM
no way was the Mark faster less it was Modded
an ETC will walk a Mark (i know from experiance)
an STS weighs a little more so it shouldnt be that much of a difference...

ThrowSumD'sONDatBiSH
10-21-07, 09:24 PM
The K&N is a waste of money and decreases HP in most cases. Read the threads around this one and you'll learn the ways of the N*.

The factory intake system flows more air than the N* can digest. The only bottleneck in the air flow system is the front to rear exhaust crossover, which so far has reminded unchanged due to space limitations.

BTW I'm thinking that the STS should walk all over the Lincoln.

The products at CHRF can NOT be used in a street car. they are for custom off road applications with custom engine management systems.

---I dont see why you cant throw some CHRF cams and springs and other stuff in the caddy with a custom engine management system... Or you can reprogram the caddy computer. I know more aggressive cams and springs are under more stress and friction and they will wear out faster then stock cams, but if they wont sacrifice the overall engine reliability of the northstar I will put some in my caddy, I'll just get some new cams before they wear out so I dont f*ck some sh*t up. Read this http://www.chrfab.com/Head_Work.htm You can radius the sharp corner that should add 5 or 10 hp or probably more I dont really know but I know it cant be bad to radius it. Correction the 2 door inntech lincoln will blow the doors off any stock northstar cadillac they run like 13's and low 14's with a sucky driver and thats stock.

ThrowSumD'sONDatBiSH
10-21-07, 09:47 PM
:hide: ThrowSum.......Just how oversize can you bore an iron sleeved N* block? What engine control system does chrfab use in their cam applications? What rpm range are the cams ground for? Have you calculated the port wall thickness and what would be gained from a garage die grinder job? How sensitive are your fingertips when grinding/polishing aluminum?

Will any of this apply to a daily driver sedan?

You're comparing a street machine to a one-off sand rail. Apples/oranges.

I'm dead serious....there are many pitfalls for the home DIY modder. I have ruined a fair number of scarce cylinder heads over the years because I didn't practice before grinding.......Been there, done that.

A car you build yourself is an accomplishment. A car built for you by someone else is a trinket.

I dont have any experiance boring blocks I was just guessing that you could bore it out and stuff but like you said there are many pitfalls and boring it out dont seem like a good idea, soo ummm.... throw sum turbos on it!! You can turbo charge any engine so why not the northstar? I started thinking about that when I was looking at my dads turbo volvo engine which is mest up but the turbo is good im sure it is alot of work and fabricating but pretty simple minus the work, just hook em up to the exhaust manifold.... I know increasing the air and fuel will equal more power so like maybe a throttle body or head work polished ports or some other stuff to increase the amount of air the engine gets, then increase the fuel the engine gets probably some different injectors if they exist that will fit the northstar if not you would have to modify something. I know the correct fuel/air mixture is normally 1/15 so for every 15 parts of air you need one part of fuel that sh*t is calculated that is probably why you need a custom engine management system but the guy on here with the yellow fiero knows a little sum sum about the programming of the northstar computer.

codewize
10-21-07, 09:51 PM
You can't, that's the problem with all mods to the N* you can NOT reprogram the computer.

---Or you can reprogram the caddy computer..

I've read every page on that site. Trust me. I'm sure several of us have. Porting and polishing may do something but it's an awful large expense, amount of time, etc to gain 5 HP. That's the type of work they did on Tim Allens DTSi. They made 400 HP claims but the numbers didnt show it.

--- Read this http://www.chrfab.com/Head_Work.htm You can radius the sharp corner that should add 5 or 10 hp or probably more I don't really know but I know it cant be bad to radius it.

I don't believe that either. We've had that discussion also.

Correction the 2 door inntech lincoln will blow the doors off any stock northstar cadillac they run like 13's and low 14's with a sucky driver and thats stock.

If you have money to burn the things I would do first are,

CAI, only because you can mod it up a bit for the next item. NOT because I think they add anything.

A higher stall converter, this will probably be your most noticeable item, especially on a L37 (VIN9) N* I would go with 3000 RPM with a 2.5:1 STR. Again those numbers are based on the L37.

Exhaust, Corsa if you have a Deville.

And last but certainly not least and tune from AJ.

CadillacSTS42005
10-21-07, 10:07 PM
Corsa is Seville too Code

fubar569
10-21-07, 10:27 PM
--blab blah blah blah blah.......Correction the 2 door inntech lincoln will blow the doors off any stock northstar cadillac they run like 13's and low 14's with a sucky driver and thats stock.

edited to save my bleeding brain from mass ignorance and stupidity and added extra emphasis on the crack induced diahrrea of the mouth you spewed for your closing statement

you sir are smoking some serious ganja with the rastafarians and i'd like to know where you're getting it from...

first off, there is no way in hell a STOCK one can run those times...i know of several from www.corral.net and the modded ones don't break into the 13's...read that again...MODDED - and they're FREAKIN AUTOMATIC!!!! that takes the driver out of the equation...all you gotta do is stab the gas and go!

second...you cannot...and i read CANNOT make an aftermarket engine management system work with the in-car electronics of an OBDII northstar powered car. you MAY NOT even get it to work on an OBDI car and have it play nice. OBDI allows for having a chip burnt for modifications HOWEVER...HOWEVER you can do ALOT of damage if you do not know what you are doing...

The cams CHRFAB sells are NOT FOR STREET USE due to the amount of DURATION. the idle quality is crap and i doubt a OBDI PCM can be adapted to run them effectively. EVEN IF you could, you will run into issues with GEARING and STALL SPEED.

As far as HEAD WORK is concerned, if you do not know what you are doing you will kill a perfectly good flowing 4 valve head. the northstar ports are optimized for tumble and velocity and already have an exceptional flow rating. IF you read CHRFAB's pages carefully those horsepower increases are WITH CAMS and come at the expense of an EXTREME LOSS OF LOW END TORQUE...not good for your daily driver...

The block has NON-REPLACEABLE sleeves that CANNOT be bored. Eagle does make forged rods but no one makes a crankshaft for the northstar...custom pistons are always available however...

To see what all HAS to be done to do a turbo setup, contact MARK99STS...you'll be out about 15k to do it RIGHT...

AJxtcman
10-21-07, 10:45 PM
edited to save my bleeding brain from mass ignorance and stupidity and added extra emphasis on the crack induced diahrrea of the mouth you spewed for your closing statement

you sir are smoking some serious ganja with the rastafarians and i'd like to know where you're getting it from...

I ran a 12.8 today and pedaled the car in third.:D

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/AJxtcman/Fiero/run.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/AJxtcman/Fiero/128firstrun.jpg

CadillacSTS42005
10-21-07, 10:46 PM
hahahahhahahahahahaha
show me ONE STOCK Mark pullin 13s and i will hand you the keys to every single car i own...

right there you just proved you know NOTHING ThrowSumD'sONDatBiSH

oh and on a side note my STOCK ETC dogged every LSC i went up against, and now with my modded ETC its not even FUNNY how many of them i leave behind
oh and i run 14.1 1/4s best N/A time period

Submariner409
10-21-07, 11:05 PM
ThrowSum, I apologize for my gallery mates. We're all in this canoe race to learn and pass on knowledge. It's very difficult to keep an even keel when faced with radically differing opinion, and we sometimes go off the deep end.

Take all of this with a BIG grain of salt and pick out the wheat from the chaff.

This isn't politics, this is information. Use what you need. On the other hand, never shoot from the hip.....

codewize
10-21-07, 11:29 PM
I thought they didn't do the Seville?

Corsa is Seville too Code

CadillacSTS42005
10-21-07, 11:45 PM
nope
99-04 Seville direct bolt on
98 has to be slightly modded...

Submariner409
10-21-07, 11:58 PM
Code, Go to the bottom of P2 in the past Seville forum, "magna flows". My CORSA.

ThrowSumD'sONDatBiSH
10-22-07, 02:14 AM
Dude F*CK it just take the northstar out and throw in a chevy crate motor

ThrowSumD'sONDatBiSH
10-22-07, 02:30 AM

first off, there is no way in hell a STOCK one can run those times...i know of several from www.corral.net and the modded ones don't break into the 13's...read that again...MODDED - and they're FREAKIN AUTOMATIC!!!! that takes the driver out of the equation...all you gotta do is stab the gas and go!

second...you cannot...and i read CANNOT make an aftermarket engine management system work with the in-car electronics of an OBDII northstar powered car. you MAY NOT even get it to work on an OBDI car and have it play nice. OBDI allows for having a chip burnt for modifications HOWEVER...HOWEVER you can do ALOT of damage if you do not know what you are doing...

The cams CHRFAB sells are NOT FOR STREET USE due to the amount of DURATION. the idle quality is crap and i doubt a OBDI PCM can be adapted to run them effectively. EVEN IF you could, you will run into issues with GEARING and STALL SPEED.

As far as HEAD WORK is concerned, if you do not know what you are doing you will kill a perfectly good flowing 4 valve head. the northstar ports are optimized for tumble and velocity and already have an exceptional flow rating. IF you read CHRFAB's pages carefully those horsepower increases are WITH CAMS and come at the expense of an EXTREME LOSS OF LOW END TORQUE...not good for your daily driver...

The block has NON-REPLACEABLE sleeves that CANNOT be bored. Eagle does make forged rods but no one makes a crankshaft for the northstar...custom pistons are always available however...

To see what all HAS to be done to do a turbo setup, contact MARK99STS...you'll be out about 15k to do it RIGHT...

There is a way to reprogram the existing pcm. You can program the pcm to do what a fast chip would do if only you know how. You can override values too. Dang so it cost dude 15k to do it right? He probably had a shop do it for him. I'll make my dad custom fabricate some pipes and stuff he knows how to do that.. it should be less then 15k. So those sandrails have 800 horsepower with no torque? Maybe a mild cam? If anything I would rather have 400lb of torque and 150 horsepower then to loose torque for horsepower. How can you bring the torque up on the engine? That would probably trade off for less horsepower right?

fubar569
10-22-07, 02:58 AM
There is a way to reprogram the existing pcm. You can program the pcm to do what a fast chip would do if only you know how. You can override values too. Dang so it cost dude 15k to do it right? He probably had a shop do it for him. I'll make my dad custom fabricate some pipes and stuff he knows how to do that.. it should be less then 15k. So those sandrails have 800 horsepower with no torque? Maybe a mild cam? If anything I would rather have 400lb of torque and 150 horsepower then to loose torque for horsepower. How can you bring the torque up on the engine? That would probably trade off for less horsepower right?

the only way to raise the torque any significant amount is adding cubic inches...all things being equal the engine with more cubes will make more torque at a lower point...however GM decided that although the block design is capable of expansion to 5.4L of displacement they crippled it with non-borable and non-replaceable liners...

Mark did alot of that fabbing himself. he also used a piggyback fuel management (NOT STANDALONE) to fool the PCM...however from what i understand due to limitations of the hardware he worked with initially he couldnt get a good relable and safe tune past 6-8psi...you may want to contact him with questions regarding the setup...

the sandrails prolly have 800hp but say only 5-600 ft/lbs or so...i have no idea the exact numbers. it's probably ALOT still but most of that torque comes from the forced induction and the reason they make so much power is they rev those things to the MOON...with a factory PCM and factory components most are limited to 6k-6500rpm and this is where the other issue lies with upgrading cams...you won't be able to rev it high enough to take advantage of the horsepower gained due to other limitations in parts and not only that but your low end will suffer...

ThrowSumD'sONDatBiSH
10-23-07, 02:00 AM
So what would you need for the northstar to rev higher and safer? Light weight internals? Like pistons or crankshaft or rods or what?

Zorb750
10-23-07, 02:49 AM
The lincoln was faster? Dude, there's something wrong with your Seville.

fubar569
10-23-07, 04:32 AM
So what would you need for the northstar to rev higher and safer? Light weight internals? Like pistons or crankshaft or rods or what?

all of that balanced and blueprinted, plus springs, retainers, locks, new cams, torque converter, steeper gears, a PCM tune to eliminate the rev limiter or bump it to the new safe point...etc etc etc...

you can see how much of a project it truly becomes when you consider all things...

msta293412
10-23-07, 10:20 AM
Fact: Mark 8 is not as fast as cadillac sts, any year! I have a 2001 sts, with some mods and Ive handed a Mark 8 owner(1996) his ass.....yes he had mods as well.....

limoguy
10-23-07, 11:49 AM
my stock 98 deville can beat the hell out of a ford crown vic police package, lincoln towncars, most any big car. i dont think i can beat a dodge 300 hemi:mad2:

STSforfun
10-25-07, 04:29 AM
I talk to Chrfab and there doing Hot Rods and Trucks Buggies and boats. The cam are not wild but are very street user friendly. The problem is there useing Holley computers and they have a piggy back set up for the truck guy.

SO the deal is to find some one to do the tunning and we can go fast.

Get the fact straight!:thepan:

Craig

ThrowSumD'sONDatBiSH
10-25-07, 05:15 AM
wow lets ask the one guy with the fiero he tunes computers

msta293412
10-25-07, 09:26 AM
I can run with one from a roll....

djp
10-25-07, 09:49 AM
yea my mark 8 was really fast on the get go, i could punch it at any speed, and no there was no mods done to it.

this sts i have here seems really slow on the jump, but it does get going, it just doesnt feel like i have the power i used to.

seems i cracked my left muffler or something yesterday, and its making a nasty noise i dont wanna hear, so i will be looking at replacing that today.

so i guess can anyone give me a list of things i should start doing to restore the power you all speak of?

its 94 sts with 130,000 miles on it

STSforfun
10-25-07, 07:22 PM
I would check to make sure everything is working and with in spec's. Now you have a lot of miles on the motor and it may be tired and need a rebuild.

I have been talking to my motor guy and there are a lot of little thing you can do for power. The normal stuff like chip mods engine work exhaust system. Matching injector hi out put coil packs and so on. Just depends on what you want to spend.

The other thing know performance company have not taken the N cause to heart so we are really left to a grass root attempt to put a system together.

My hat's of to AJ, but he's got a long way to go to get a fan following With testing and dyno number proven HP number. It suck to be a start up deal to get people to belive you got the stuff. Last we can't ride in his ride and feel and touch the stuff he is doing so YA! its hard to kick out some bucks.

Craig

Submariner409
10-25-07, 07:49 PM
When tossing out ideas for modding various N* vehicles, keep in mind that there are several platforms (vehicles and style options) for ECM, OBD I, and OBD II controlled powertrains. If Joe Blow drops a chip in an OBD I setup, it won't work in other applications, and may not work in some OBD I's, either.

For me, with a late '02 N* STS, to tell Harry Hotrodder with a '95 N* Eldorado to "Throw a CORSA on it" is totally irresponsible because there is no such thing for that Eldo, and the poster throws Harry Hotrodder into confusion.

The title "Beef up a 4.6L NStar" covers nearly as much history as "Beef up a Chevy Small Block".

Understand that there may be only 1/3 to 1/4 of the people seeing your question that may be in the same ballpark,Cadillac notwithstanding.

codewize
10-25-07, 08:56 PM
You're comparing apples to oranges. The 'lack of power' you think you have is due to the L37's lack of low end torque. It makes plenty of HP to smoke the Lincoln.

Also know that the 4T80E trans has a torque management system that's much smarter than you are.

You may feel like the Mark is faster because it has more low end torque but at the other end of the track the STS will prevail.

If you want ultra low end torque from a Seville get an SLS with the LD8 and put the 3.71 gears in it.

Also I want to mention that it's my understanding that you CAN NOT put ANY non GM code on an N* PCM or it will disable all com buses and the PCM will become unusable. AJ is tuning with genuine GM code. Every single person that has tried to be smart and write their own code has failed and ruined a PCM.

yea my mark 8 was really fast on the get go, i could punch it at any speed, and no there was no mods done to it.

this sts i have here seems really slow on the jump, but it does get going, it just doesnt feel like i have the power i used to.

seems i cracked my left muffler or something yesterday, and its making a nasty noise i dont wanna hear, so i will be looking at replacing that today.

so i guess can anyone give me a list of things i should start doing to restore the power you all speak of?

its 94 sts with 130,000 miles on it

AJxtcman
10-25-07, 09:02 PM
I would check to make sure everything is working and with in spec's. Now you have a lot of miles on the motor and it may be tired and need a rebuild.

I have been talking to my motor guy and there are a lot of little thing you can do for power. The normal stuff like chip mods engine work exhaust system. Matching injector hi out put coil packs and so on. Just depends on what you want to spend.

The other thing know performance company have not taken the N cause to heart so we are really left to a grass root attempt to put a system together.

My hat's of to AJ, but he's got a long way to go to get a fan following With testing and dyno number proven HP number. It suck to be a start up deal to get people to belive you got the stuff. Last we can't ride in his ride and feel and touch the stuff he is doing so YA! its hard to kick out some bucks.

Craig

Dude I do not need any dyno numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:helpless:

The problem isssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!:rant2:

I know what it does, but I don't think you know what the car has as a base line!!!!!!!!!!:rant2:

Think about this. Your car makes 50 RWHP at 2000 rpm's. I already know that my top program makes significant gain at 2000 rpm's.

I don't think anyone knows what a stock VIN Y or a VIN 9 motor produces at the rear wheels across the board. from 1000 rpm's to 6500.

So how can anything be judged:hmm:

I know my program is a great improvement.

Do we all agree that a CAI can hurt performance on a Northstar?

My program compensates for it!:shhh:

so:hmm:

STSforfun
10-26-07, 06:45 AM
Dude I do not need any dyno numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:helpless:

The problem isssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!:rant2:

I know what it does, but I don't think you know what the car has as a base line!!!!!!!!!!:rant2:

Think about this. Your car makes 50 RWHP at 2000 rpm's. I already know that my top program makes significant gain at 2000 rpm's.

I don't think anyone knows what a stock VIN Y or a VIN 9 motor produces at the rear wheels across the board. from 1000 rpm's to 6500.

Now AJ, I'm all for what you doing 100% but I feel you avoiding Dyno work with diffrent configuration to put up real number to suport you work. Instead What I'm hearing is I got the stuff trust me! Now that sound just like Ebay.
People want it plain and simple terms All them chart and tech talk mean zip! I want HP So prove to me you can deliver. Take a look at Fastchips site or Wester See what they have that you don't Call them pick a brain or two.

Also There's a guy sell TBI performance chip on ebay and you need to see how he did his deal I think it would be a big help to you in making your deal work, He used his Z28 as his test bed and expanded from there.

Craig

ThrowSumD'sONDatBiSH
10-26-07, 09:52 AM
that isnt needed until he wants to actually sell his program that way he can post up the hp gains with his program in every caddy forum and internet website everywhere. AJ I can be the marketer for you

codewize
10-26-07, 11:49 AM
Well I have to somewhat dispute this. Historically we've seen VIN 9 N*'s make about 220 - 225 HP on the dyno. With my factory PCM and only the Volant mod I made 235+

I think or I should say I know that the Volant decreases low end torque. I also believe that your tune helped bring some of that back.

I still need to get back on the dyno.

AJxtcman
10-26-07, 08:06 PM
that isnt needed until he wants to actually sell his program that way he can post up the hp gains with his program in every caddy forum and internet website everywhere. AJ I can be the marketer for you

I would have to check, ut I bet I have done 20 for customers.
I sent out 4 more last week:D

AlBundy
10-26-07, 08:19 PM
Are they waiting to dyno it before any comments are made, positve or negative? I know you know why everyone wants to see dyno numbers and I'm sure your working on it. Numbers/Dynos are what this forum wants. That's just how this forum works.

djp
10-26-07, 11:32 PM
aj what are you asking for your chip? im willing to give it a try :)

i put on 2 new stock mufflers today and a new magnaflow catallyac converter, can already feel a big difference

codewize
10-26-07, 11:33 PM
ATTENTION EVERYONE HERE:

Ok guys, everyone wants numbers, I wanted to provide those numbers but had some technical difficulties on the dyno. I spent my $150 anyway and learned almost nothing.

I then offered to run the car again if I could collect enough cash from the forum to do so. I'm not sure why people continue to complain about not having numbers of proof but yet won't donate $10 or $20 to the cause.

I'm offering MY car as the mule. I currently have 3 AJ tunes, one which I've been running and 2 that I need to do the CV learn on and try out. I just haven't had time the past couple weeks. I'll get them done this week.

Unless there's outside funding for this project I will not be back to the dyno until spring when I do my exhaust.

CadillacSTS42005
10-26-07, 11:44 PM
lol
least you got 3 pcms
im going Friday to dyno my stock PCM with my intake and exhaust mods
ill prob do ONE run with my AJ PCM
from there we are gonna try some new stuff (i hope)

codewize
10-26-07, 11:52 PM
Probably because I pay for them and install them and have proven myself to be a trusted entity. I don't really know.

lol
least you got 3 pcms
im going Friday to dyno my stock PCM with my intake and exhaust mods
ill prob do ONE run with my AJ PCM
from there we are gonna try some new stuff (i hope)

STSforfun
10-27-07, 12:02 AM
That's what I said it the other post We have a bunch of poor people Here. I my self just put out for a new Trans and some other work.
Everyone wants them OR so they say. But I also think people are trying to be smart buyer too. And people on Ebay are willing to take a jump. The more gear head guy want's more. Which should be correct for the performance guy to ask question.

Craig

AJxtcman
10-27-07, 12:04 AM
:2thumbs:
Probably because I pay for them and install them and have proven myself to be a trusted entity. I don't really know.

OMG did you just :kick: STS2003
Hmmmmm :D

AJxtcman
10-27-07, 12:05 AM
That's what I said it the other post We have a bunch of poor people Here. I my self just put out for a new Trans and some other work.
Everyone wants them OR so they say. But I also think people are trying to be smart buyer too. And people on Ebay are willing to take a jump. The more gear head guy want's more. Which should be correct for the performance guy to ask question.

Craig

check your mail

CadillacSTS42005
10-27-07, 12:24 AM
ooo BURN
cept if you look back MANY a time ive offered to pay...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-27-07, 12:26 AM
Oh can we please not start this shit again....he got his money!!!!

CadillacSTS42005
10-27-07, 12:26 AM
:2thumbs:

OMG did you just :kick: STS2003
Hmmmmm :D

last time i checked though i have offered to pay MANY times...
of couse i just said this a second ago but i felt a repeat would help

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-27-07, 12:28 AM
Jason paid the money! The problem has been resolved, now can we get back to the original topic.

STSforfun
10-27-07, 12:29 AM
I have know new emails. Just checked.

Craig

AJxtcman
10-27-07, 12:48 AM
it was a long one.
it took a loooooooooooong time to type

misfit6794
10-27-07, 12:56 AM
Yea I'm late to the game here, but is everyone forgetting the turbo charged sts, there's a video of it on youtube, and its sick as hell. Of course, there was a guy, mosler, who put two northstars (or maybe 4.9L's) into one eldorado. You can find the article at motortrend.com, he figured out a way to make his eldo fast as hell.

STSforfun
10-27-07, 02:49 AM
it was a long one.
it took a loooooooooooong time to type

Hmmm!
I got it!:banghead:

Craig

clarkz71
10-27-07, 06:03 AM
Of course, there was a guy, mosler, who put two northstars (or maybe 4.9L's) into one eldorado. You can find the article at motortrend.com, he figured out a way to make his eldo fast as hell.

It has two Northstars, it's called "The Twinstar"

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/clarkz71/TwinstarEldo2.jpg

clarkz71
10-27-07, 06:05 AM
Here's another shot from the rear.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/clarkz71/TwinstarEldo.jpg

Submariner409
10-27-07, 01:51 PM
That sure is one way to get your front/rear weight distribution to 50/50........

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-27-07, 02:05 PM
Uuugly car, but fast as hell.

codewize
10-27-07, 02:18 PM
I wasn't saying that I was juts making a statement. I know there was a rough start between you guys, that's all. :stirpot:

ooo BURN

CadillacSTS42005
10-27-07, 02:57 PM
ill remember this code next time i stumble on a killer mod (like the JL9 brakes) and the like
i wont share hahaha
:rofl:

STSforfun
10-27-07, 08:35 PM
Here's another shot from the rear.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/clarkz71/TwinstarEldo.jpg

YES make my day way cool!! Heck Just doing the rear engine deal would be hot as heck Hmmmm!

Craig

STSforfun
10-27-07, 09:03 PM
ooo BURN

I was not going to say anything But Dude! If you read the posts you said you were sending AJ a pcm! That never Happen! AJ sent you one! Out of his own pocket. So quit whining! Or do the right thing? SHeesh! BTW I know you got his address. And if you want a Second PCM pay for it like everyone else! Kinda simple!

Where all reading the posts! Just a little FYI

Craig

AJxtcman
10-28-07, 04:24 PM
I was in a file of programs looking for the needed libraries for the 93 to 99 tunes and found this.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/AJxtcman/forum/mosler.jpg

It is nothing that big it is just funny, because I did not know about this car before last week and then I find that I have specs for it. Hmmm

AJxtcman
10-28-07, 04:40 PM
I am done with this forum!!!!!!!!!!

I need a new group of friends!!!!!!!!

No more posting I have found a new group! I just have to talk them out of SBC and into the 4.4L Northstar. Well it maybe an up hill battle, but I like a challenge.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/AJxtcman/forum/mosler2.jpg

Ok I am not leaving:D

CadillacSTS42005
10-28-07, 04:42 PM
what?!?!

perhaps you should read...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/105315-northstar-tuning-172.html#post1267119

codewize
10-28-07, 11:52 PM
:rofl:

STSforfun
10-29-07, 06:30 AM
I am done with this forum!!!!!!!!!!

I need a new group of friends!!!!!!!!

No more posting I have found a new group! I just have to talk them out of SBC and into the 4.4L Northstar. Well it maybe an up hill battle, but I like a challenge.

Ok I am not leaving:D

SO you do have a funny bone:histeric:

Craig

AJxtcman
10-29-07, 08:38 AM
SO you do have a funny bone:histeric:

Craig

This car would be great with an XLR-V engine in it.
An LS7 is a good choice also, but this is a Caddy forum and a blower that size is always a plus!
The LS7 and the LC3 use the same PCM and they have aftermarket programming capabilities.
:drool:

If you know anyone with one they can afford to buy it and do an engine swap! Just send them my way

:drool::drool:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/part_images/17802896.jpg
DESCRIPTION: ENGINE
469hp and 439ft-lb of torque
You want the ultimate in high-tech GM technology with the refinement that only Cadillac can bring you? Well, you are looking at your next project engine in our LC3 4. 4L supercharged, 32-valve, DOHC V-8! The amazingly efficient (1. 65 hp/cubic inch) LC3 takes the small-block V-8 to the extreme in performance, reliability, and quality. The keys to all of this are the roots-style supercharger, GM's variable valve timing valve train, and 4. 4 liters of gentlemanly power. Simply put, Cadillac's new supercharged Northstar 4.

GM PART # 17802896
CATEGORY: Eng Asm
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $16,237.00
OUR PRICE: $11,820.54

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/part_images/17802397.jpg

DESCRIPTION: LS7 Crate Engine (limited supply)

The king of all Corvettes is the amazing 2006 ZO6. It tops out at 198 mph, runs the quarter mile in 11.5 seconds at127 mph, and hits 60 mph in a jaw-dropping 3.5 seconds (in first gear). All of that performance is the result of superior GM engineering and an engine we call the LS7, the most technologically-advanced small-block ever built. A natural continuation of the LS Family, the LS7 uses a 7.0-liter aluminum dry-sump block, CNC-ported cylinder heads, and titanium rods and valves to pump out 505 hp and 470 lb.-ft. of torque. Talk about efficient, the LS7 helps the 2006 ZO6 get over 28 mpg while still being the fastest Corvette ever produced! Is this the Chevy small-block in its highest form? Only you can decide, and GM Performance Parts has made it that much easier by offering the already legendary LS7 as a complete crate engine, ready to bolt into your favorite project car.

GM PART # 17802397 *
GM LIST: $17,495.00
OUR PRICE: $12,890.80
:duh::duh: This is a dry sump and will need an oil tank setup, but this car may require a dry sump. The Northstar could be a dry sump Very easily also

MM STS
10-29-07, 10:25 AM
Are they waiting to dyno it before any comments are made, positve or negative? I know you know why everyone wants to see dyno numbers and I'm sure your working on it. Numbers/Dynos are what this forum wants. That's just how this forum works.

I will install mine when I get back. My work truck was totalled with me in it Fri. I spent 2 days in hospital and my dad is down to take me to his house today. 500 miles will be fun. I had hoped to put it in yesterday. I was lucky the kid in the Ranger blew the stop sign at about 50mph and rolled himself 3 times. My 1 ton truck was totalled with the guts up to 40 feet away. He has a punctured lung and broken ribs still in icu. I will get mine checked out as soon asa I get a chance. Mike

Cadillacboy
10-29-07, 01:47 PM
LS7 engine is an awesome just like many GM engines . A friend of mine told he saw an LS7 in a Maserati as well .

AlBundy
10-29-07, 04:35 PM
I will install mine when I get back. My work truck was totalled with me in it Fri. I spent 2 days in hospital and my dad is down to take me to his house today. 500 miles will be fun. I had hoped to put it in yesterday. I was lucky the kid in the Ranger blew the stop sign at about 50mph and rolled himself 3 times. My 1 ton truck was totalled with the guts up to 40 feet away. He has a punctured lung and broken ribs still in icu. I will get mine checked out as soon asa I get a chance. Mike

Sorry about your accident. Good to see your ok.:thumbsup:

STSforfun
10-29-07, 06:22 PM
This car would be great with an XLR-V engine in it.
An LS7 is a good choice also, but this is a Caddy forum and a blower that size is always a plus!
The LS7 and the LC3 use the same PCM and they have aftermarket programming capabilities.
:drool:

If you know anyone with one they can afford to buy it and do an engine swap! Just send them my way

:drool::drool:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/part_images/17802896.jpg
DESCRIPTION: ENGINE
469hp and 439ft-lb of torque
You want the ultimate in high-tech GM technology with the refinement that only Cadillac can bring you? Well, you are looking at your next project engine in our LC3 4. 4L supercharged, 32-valve, DOHC V-8! The amazingly efficient (1. 65 hp/cubic inch) LC3 takes the small-block V-8 to the extreme in performance, reliability, and quality. The keys to all of this are the roots-style supercharger, GM's variable valve timing valve train, and 4. 4 liters of gentlemanly power. Simply put, Cadillac's new supercharged Northstar 4.

GM PART # 17802896
GM LIST: $16,237.00
OUR PRICE: $11,820.54

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/part_images/17802397.jpg

DESCRIPTION: LS7 Crate Engine (limited supply)

The king of all Corvettes is the amazing 2006 ZO6. It tops out at 198 mph, runs the quarter mile in 11.5 seconds at127 mph, and hits 60 mph in a jaw-dropping 3.5 seconds (in first gear). All of that performance is the result of superior GM engineering and an engine we call the LS7, the most technologically-advanced small-block ever built. A natural continuation of the LS Family, the LS7 uses a 7.0-liter aluminum dry-sump block, CNC-ported cylinder heads, and titanium rods and valves to pump out 505 hp and 470 lb.-ft. of torque. Talk about efficient, the LS7 helps the 2006 ZO6 get over 28 mpg while still being the fastest Corvette ever produced! Is this the Chevy small-block in its highest form? Only you can decide, and GM Performance Parts has made it that much easier by offering the already legendary LS7 as a complete crate engine, ready to bolt into your favorite project car.

GM PART # 17802397 *
GM LIST: $17,495.00
OUR PRICE: $12,890.80
:duh::duh: This is a dry sump and will need an oil tank setup, but this car may require a dry sump. The Northstar could be a dry sump Very easily also

Wait AJ, Are you saying the 4.4 is a replacement motor With software??:histeric:

Craig

AlmightyZbeggy
10-30-07, 06:19 AM
ThrowSum, I apologize for my gallery mates. We're all in this canoe race to learn and pass on knowledge. It's very difficult to keep an even keel when faced with radically differing opinion, and we sometimes go off the deep end.

Take all of this with a BIG grain of salt and pick out the wheat from the chaff.

This isn't politics, this is information. Use what you need. On the other hand, never shoot from the hip.....

Never shoot from the hip!? why not, it's so much fun!!:cool:

ThrowSumD'sONDatBiSH
11-10-07, 09:09 PM
ATTENTION EVERYONE HERE:

Ok guys, everyone wants numbers, I wanted to provide those numbers but had some technical difficulties on the dyno. I spent my $150 anyway and learned almost nothing.

I then offered to run the car again if I could collect enough cash from the forum to do so. I'm not sure why people continue to complain about not having numbers of proof but yet won't donate $10 or $20 to the cause.

I'm offering MY car as the mule. I currently have 3 AJ tunes, one which I've been running and 2 that I need to do the CV learn on and try out. I just haven't had time the past couple weeks. I'll get them done this week.

Unless there's outside funding for this project I will not be back to the dyno until spring when I do my exhaust.

because..... you gotta spend money to make money.

codewize
11-11-07, 12:29 PM
Huh ?

because..... you gotta spend money to make money.

CadillacSTS42005
11-11-07, 02:27 PM
hes an idiot Code :rofl:
just ignore him lol