Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Problem w/ 89 Deville radio reception

692 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  widgeon13 
#1 ·
I inherited an 89 Deville and have been having some issues with it recently. The car sat for approx 1 1/2 years. Battery was dead so I charged that and it started. Car ran fine for 1 week and then the alternator died, once that was replaced, the battery also had to be replaced. Once I got the car back, I had to put in a replacement power antenna. Now that all this is done and the car is running well, the radio will not produce any sound. The radio is receiving a signal as the FM reception shows stereo and blinks when the signal is weak but I'm not getting any volume out of the radio. The radio was working before the antenna failed. I replaced the antenna myself and thought that I had reconnected it the same way the original was installed. I'm new to this car and would obviously like to get the radio running. It is a Bose system. Any guidance would be appreciated, I really don't know where to start checking things at this time. I have tried to remove the radio and I'm stymied on that as well.

Hope someone out there can help, Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.