: New 2007 CTS_V issues

arniects-v
10-19-07, 11:20 PM
just got 2007 CTS_V with 6400 miles. Questions as to the shifter and drive line wine noise. Shifting feels like a old four speed shifter that is out of adjustment. is this normal or is the wine and shift problems related . Dealer says normal? Hard to shift into reverse, third or second. Throws are not smooth can feel every gear. The drive train wine sounds like it comes from trans and at times rear. Does anyone know of a way to instal Blue tooth for phone? Ipod hook up?
Arnie

tx_metabaron
10-20-07, 01:58 AM
The drive train wine sounds like it comes from trans and at times rear. Does anyone know of a way to instal Blue tooth for phone? Ipod hook up?
Arnie
[EMAIL="arnie@reusch.net

Search is your friend :banghead:

caddyv8v
10-20-07, 08:17 AM
does not sound normal. mine shifts clean and reverse is very easy to engage. never a grind engaging reverse...even while car is rolling slowly.

darkman
10-20-07, 09:41 AM
just got 2007 CTS_V with 6400 miles. Questions as to the shifter and drive line wine noise. Shifting feels like a old four speed shifter that is out of adjustment. is this normal or is the wine and shift problems related . Dealer says normal? Hard to shift into reverse, third or second. Throws are not smooth can feel every gear. The drive train wine sounds like it comes from trans and at times rear. Does anyone know of a way to instal Blue tooth for phone? Ipod hook up?
Arnie

The conditions you describe are not normal. With the car parked and the clutch pedal depressed, you should be able to shift from any gear, including neutral, into any other gear whether the engine is running or not and whether the engine/transmission is stone cold or warmed up. On this issue I would recommend that you not accept a verbal dismissal from the dealer - at least get something in writing by taking the car in for service for that conditon. Worst case is that the dealer will indicate that they could not duplicate your complaint - but even that creates a documented event. (The most likely culprit, based on GMs troubleshooting chart, is the failure of the clutch to fully disengage.)

With respect to the whine it could be the rear end. You can research this issue by using the search feature. I would also recommend that you have the dealer change the differential fluid now, even if it is at your own expense, simply because there is some evidence that the long term noise levels of these differenitals can be reduced by early and frequent changes of that fluid.

The Tony Show
10-20-07, 10:40 AM
Check your clutch fluid reservoir under the hood- driver's side, just forward of the brake fluid reservoir. It's about the size of a shot glass, and if you look real closely it says F.A.G on the side (I kid you not).

Remove the cap and the rubber bellows inside and fill it about 50% full with approved fluid, then reinstall. Pump the clutch a few times, then take it for a drive and see if your symptoms go away. It's been my experience that most Cadillac techs aren't used to checking clutch fluid during a service visit, and oftentimes that leads to a dry reservoir.

mike041357
10-20-07, 12:23 PM
Check your clutch fluid reservoir under the hood- driver's side, just forward of the brake fluid reservoir. It's about the size of a shot glass, and if you look real closely it says F.A.G on the side (I kid you not).

Remove the cap and the rubber bellows inside and fill it about 50% full with approved fluid, then reinstall. Pump the clutch a few times, then take it for a drive and see if your symptoms go away. It's been my experience that most Cadillac techs aren't used to checking clutch fluid during a service visit, and oftentimes that leads to a dry reservoir.

Do I remember reading you can use brake fluid in the clutch reservoir?

The Tony Show
10-20-07, 12:30 PM
Yep. Just be careful to not spill any on the paint, because brake fluid eats paint faster than Rosie O'Donnell on a cheeseburger.

WheelHop
10-20-07, 02:26 PM
To me, the problem is "NORMAL".. I had TWO Vette that did not shift smoothly (one FRC C5 and one C5 Z06) And now my V STILL doesn't shift smoothly after a replacement transmission.

Sorry, but its going to be considered normal by many dealers as well..

Many people have problems shifting into gears w/o shifting into 3rd (or some other other gear) first or pressing down the petal twice.

"That's just how it is." - Famous line by GM dealerships!

2k6V4me
10-25-07, 02:49 AM
my v is in the shop for the same issues... the "that's just how it is" doesn't cut it for me. i had to bitch and complain so they sent a gm rep out to look at it. they ended up replacing the rear end because all the fluid leaked out with only 7000 miles, and they are still diagnosing the shifting issue. reverse is extremely hard to get into, sometimes i would have to put it into 1st, 3rd, 4th, back to 3rd, then reverse, just to get it into reverse. i will keep you posted when they figure out what's going on with the shifting issue.

gcabana1974
10-25-07, 07:34 AM
Just bought an 07 myself, only have 1000 babied miles, and I'm also having issues with Reverse and 1st, although its 50/50. Sometimes, it slides in fine. Other times it no like. I have to remember to try the double clutch.

CIWS
10-25-07, 08:10 AM
It's been my experience that most Cadillac techs aren't used to checking clutch fluid during a service visit, and oftentimes that leads to a dry reservoir.

:yeah:

This was after I had just gotten the car back from a service visit. Not hard to see they didn't check / fill the clutch fluid.

http://www.ciws.net/ctsv/clutchfluid1.jpg

darkman
10-25-07, 09:57 AM
:yeah:

This was after I had just gotten the car back from a service visit. Not hard to see they didn't check / fill the clutch fluid.

Once they put in 8 quarts of oil you don't need any clutch fluid.

CIWS
10-25-07, 10:34 AM
Once they put in 8 quarts of oil you don't need any clutch fluid.

HAHA :histeric:

chris2002wb
10-25-07, 10:52 AM
I also have an 07,,,,

I had the exact same symtoms on my car,, i currently have about 12k miles on the car, I bought it new, so i know how the car has been driven, I could sit in the garage, start the car press the clutch in and it would grind reverse everytime and I had a bad driveline vibration at about 80 mph. I took it to the dealer and they have now rebuilt the transmission twice. The first time didnt cure the problem completely, i have my tickets if anyone needs to know what parts were replaced. The last time it was in for the transmission they also replaced a rear hub assembly due to whine and replaced the entire rear differential assembly due to whine. I now have about 3k miles on the car since the last repair and so far everything has been going great. Although I do still get a bad wheel hop if the tires spin at all on wet pavement.

Kadonny
10-25-07, 12:53 PM
For the reverse thing, I beileve Caddy is now saying when you park to shift into reverse all the time. It's easy to get out, but not always easy to get in upon initial startup.

Natedog
10-25-07, 04:42 PM
same thing with my 07 regarding reverse as noted in my previous thread..
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/120912-serious-grind-clunk-when-putting-into.html

If the issue continues regularly, i'll take it in to Lindsay for further inspection

JimmyH
10-26-07, 01:38 PM
Does anyone know of a way to instal Blue tooth for phone?

google Parrot ck3000

A guy here ctsvette sells an interface to the radio system, but I dont know if he has any right now.