: New 408 is done! Sounds Nasty

TXSilverV
10-19-07, 04:49 PM
Well after almost 2 months the V is up and going again. I have a few last minute things to finish today. It sounds real nasty! I will try and do a video today and take some pictures but I will need help on how to post the video. The car will almost be like new now as I have replaced almost everything-Engine, Rebuilt the transmission when it was out of the car, new clutch& Flywheel, New Cross drilled rotors with new Hawk pads, new tires. The only thing I used from the old engine was the intake for now but it will need to go once the Fast gets here. Since it's been gone for so long I will drive it a few weeks and then off to get the front painted from when I get hit by a ton of small rocks from a truck.
Next and last thing will be put an 8.8 rear in the car. I have a race shop in Dallas that will be doing it for me( It pays to have friends). :yup:

CIWS
10-19-07, 04:52 PM
Damn dude, I was seriously beginning to wonder what was up. Glad to hear you're up and running again :thumbsup:

I'll be glad to help you with video stuff. Shoot some more if you want, edit, post, whatever :)

heavymetals
10-19-07, 04:52 PM
Good for you.

Now don't blow it up.:tisk:

TXSilverV
10-19-07, 04:56 PM
I'm not going to blow this one up! For now it's fine just the way it is! No boost or spray!

Scotty7751
10-20-07, 12:34 AM
I'm not going to blow this one up! For now it's fine just the way it is! No boost or spray!

WTF...... fine the way it is? dont settle! always MORE MORE MORE!!!!!! lol

SkullV
10-20-07, 12:45 AM
soooooooooolid axle

lunarx
10-20-07, 01:01 AM
Congrats.
We will need to hear how it sounds and see how it runs. :bouncy:

Did you change anything in the trans?

V-Love
10-20-07, 02:44 AM
Respect! Is there a serious reprogramming of the computer after you swap blocks? Or, does the computer know what to do when you turn the key?

rand49er
10-20-07, 07:22 AM
Cool!

Waiting for that vid!

:food-snacking:

onebadcad
10-20-07, 11:28 AM
Respect! Is there a serious reprogramming of the computer after you swap blocks? Or, does the computer know what to do when you turn the key?

The stock PCM with tuning can handle the engine swap-go for it!!!