: Traffic Light Drags in the Snow!

dkozloski
10-19-07, 02:41 PM
My questions were answered when I drove my wife to work through several inches of fresh snow in my V8 AWD STS this morning. The car is the hands down wintertime leader in the "Stoplight Grand Prix". AWD combined with WS-50 Blizzaks makes a great combination.

urbanski
10-19-07, 02:55 PM
wow
its 93 here and i'm still swimming in my pool

dkozloski
10-19-07, 04:18 PM
wow
its 93 here and i'm still swimming in my pool
How boring.

urbanski
10-19-07, 04:37 PM
one might say that. yes. but not as boring as an AWD STS ;)

dkozloski
10-19-07, 04:47 PM
one might say that. yes. but not as boring as an AWD STS ;)
Do I detect a little Aesop fable here?

urbanski
10-19-07, 05:31 PM
how bout some pics of ur snow? i'll print out the .jpg and carry it outside to my spa, savoring the whitey goodness as i sip my Shiner :)

Lifer
10-19-07, 09:05 PM
I drove my wife to work through several inches of fresh snow in my V8 AWD STS this morning.

Its in the 80s here in Dallas. This morning I did not shovel my drive, wait for the salt truck, scrape the snow and frost off my windshield, use my STS heated steering wheel option; I jogged in my summer jogging togs, and saw blue sky all day. Please God, make this last forever. :D

dkozloski
10-19-07, 10:09 PM
I got to see my new eight week old Welsh corgi puppy jump off the back deck into the yard and disappear into the snow. All you could see was a hump in the snow as she tunneled her way along.

dkozloski
10-19-07, 10:33 PM
It used to be that when you thought of Texans you thought about cowboys, toughness, and he-men. Now it's all about who's the biggest wuss. Once they fell off the pedestal of being the biggest state, everything went to hell.

thefred
10-19-07, 11:06 PM
Koz, maybe you can box up some of that snow and send it down here. By the time it gets here, it will surely be water.... and we desperately need that here.....

dkozloski
10-19-07, 11:12 PM
Koz, maybe you can box up some of that snow and send it down here. By the time it gets here, it will surely be water.... and we desperately need that here.....
What's your address? I'll get a couple of conex containers headed your way.

Lifer
10-20-07, 11:21 AM
I got to see my new eight week old Welsh corgi puppy jump off the back deck into the yard and disappear into the snow. All you could see was a hump in the snow as she tunneled her way along.

Hey, Bear, I love Welsh Corgis, the Queen's dog, ya know. I had one for many years - love them. But currently, my 12 week-old Cocker is now basking in the Autumn sun, on green grass, and having a ball. Texas is a great little place to be. :p

dkozloski
10-20-07, 12:30 PM
Every place has its good and bad points. I can't handle all the creepy crawlers in Texas. I couldn't enjoy the blue sky because I was too worried about what I was about to step on or in. The first law of strolling; don't step in anything soft.

dkozloski
10-20-07, 04:00 PM
Hey, Bear, I love Welsh Corgis, the Queen's dog, ya know. I had one for many years - love them. But currently, my 12 week-old Cocker is now basking in the Autumn sun, on green grass, and having a ball. Texas is a great little place to be. :p
A few comments about having owned both breeds. Cockers have those sad brown eyes and its hard to say a harsh word to them even when they demonstrate they are dumb as a post.
A Corgi is always plotting to get something over on you and act like you're put on the earth for their benifit. No amount of cuss words delivered in any tone of voice will change anything they want to do. They are true royalty. They run the show and they know it.
A Bichon Frise is a cute platinum blonde bimbo.

Lifer
10-20-07, 05:01 PM
A few comments about having owned both breeds. Cockers have those sad brown eyes and its hard to say a harsh word to them even when they demonstrate they are dumb as a post.

Nothing sad or dumb here. We grow them smart here in Texas.

thefred
10-20-07, 06:10 PM
What's your address? I'll get a couple of conex containers headed your way.
Thanks, Koz. I wa going to have you send them right to Lake Lanier, but if you've followed that story, the Corps of Engineers will just let it flow past us to Florida to save the mussels and sturgeon anyway. Eh, who needs drinking water when you can have mussels and sturgeon?

dkozloski
10-20-07, 06:18 PM
I read somewhere that the Corps of Engineers says it's all a tempest in a teapot and much ado about nothing. Kinda like global warming. I guess we'll know for sure in a couple of months. For now maybe you better be peeing in a milk jug and saving it for hard times.

State water managers say there is more water available in the lake's reserves. But tapping into it would require the use of barges, emergency pumps and longer water lines. And some lawmakers fear if the lake is drained that low, it may be impossible to refill.

The Corps, which manages the water in the region, stresses there's no reason to think Atlanta will soon run out of water. "We're so far away from that, nobody's doing a contingency plan," said Major Daren Payne, the deputy commander of the Corps' Mobile office. "Quite frankly, there's enough water left to last for months. We've got a serious drought, there's no doubt about it, anytime you deplete your entire storage pool and tap into the reserve."

But, he said, any calls to stockpile bottled water would be "very premature."

thefred
10-20-07, 09:58 PM
I saw that article in today's paper too. But, the fact that really surprised me (which was not in the article) is that Atlanta only gets 4% of the lake for drinking water and the rest is sent downstream. I drove by a part of the lake today and it looked like not much more than a creek. We are on drought level 4 (the highest) which means that there is no outside watering allowed..no car washing, etc. The corps can say its a tempest in a teapot, but if/when they're wrong, it'll be too late. Supposedly, we have a 90 day water supply left. Even if the Corps thinks that's not a problem, it seems to me there should at least be a contingency plan.

Jesda
10-20-07, 10:18 PM
I think neighboring states should put up a fence to keep Georgia from invading with jugs of water.

dkozloski
10-20-07, 10:50 PM
I think neighboring states should put up a fence to keep Georgia from invading with jugs of water.
Would you call these invaders "Dry Backs"?

What's really going on is that some lawmakers are trying to demonstrate the stupidity of the Endangered Species Act by making the choice clearcut between the future of some mussels or Atlanta, Georgia. I vote for the mussels.

thefred
10-21-07, 10:53 AM
Would you call these invaders "Dry Backs"?

What's really going on is that some lawmakers are trying to demonstrate the stupidity of the Endangered Species Act by making the choice clearcut between the future of some mussels or Atlanta, Georgia. I vote for the mussels.
And, until I got to your last sentence, I actually thought you were going to agree with me!!

dkozloski
10-21-07, 01:39 PM
And, until I got to your last sentence, I actually thought you were going to agree with me!!
It must be more than a rumor that the Corp of Engineers general in charge of the Atlanta area is named Sherman.

Leicajh
10-22-07, 10:54 PM
That was not funny.:thehand: I had an ancester who died in the Northern P.O.W. camp at Chicago. This was during the War of Northern Aggression. However, Alaska is still one of my favorite places. I send my USAF students there periodically. --jh in Northern Texas

dkozloski
10-22-07, 11:03 PM
That was not funny.:thehand: I had an ancester who died in the Northern P.O.W. camp at Chicago. This was during the War of Northern Aggression. However, Alaska is still one of my favorite places. I send my USAF students there periodically. --jh in Northern Texas
My ancestors were the recipients of southern hospitality at Andersonville, Georgia and didn't survive it. That was a nasty conflict.

Curious George
10-28-07, 04:11 PM
...By the time it gets here, it will surely be water.... and we desperately need that here.....
Contemplating water in Atlanta, I'm going to the Cadillac V Performance Academy (www.vseriesacademy.com) at Road Atlanta the end of November. Should I bring my own bottled water?

thefred
10-29-07, 08:04 PM
Contemplating water in Atlanta, I'm going to the Cadillac V Performance Academy (www.vseriesacademy.com (http://www.vseriesacademy.com)) at Road Atlanta the end of November. Should I bring my own bottled water?
I think we'll be good through December, so you should be OK. They're commanding a pretty steep price for that gig. I hope they take care of you. Chateau Elan is nice, but remember, you're in Georgia, so don't expect Collette to bring you your coffee....they do the best they can.... it'll probably be Flo. I never got my invite, but I wonder how much it would be without the lodging...

Curious George
10-30-07, 03:23 PM
[How in Hell did we careen from Stoplight Drags in the Snow to the drought in Georgia? OK, I share the blame.]

I didn't get an invite either. For reasons known only to the folks staging these events, invitations were sent only to V owners. I found out about it in the Cadillac corral at Laguna Seca 10/20-21. Come to think of it, that turned out to be a $4,500 excursion to see the ALMS race (hooray C6.R!) and the Speed World Challenge GT race (hooray CTS-V!). I would'a never known about the V Performance Academy and would'a never paid for it had I not joined in the Cadillac festivities there. To say nothing of the potential $80,000 post-academy cost of the STS-V I might decide is indispensible after driving one.

And don't worry about the cost sans lodging. They're talking about a session out here in California--probably at Laguna Seca--next year. You'll have an opportunity to pay for the whole ticket then;<)

cguthrie
11-03-07, 09:25 AM
Hey,

I was in the mountains of WV yesterday morning; 30 degrees showing, and now I am a fan of the heated wheel. Originally I liked it because it was just more substantial than the old 99 wheel, but the heat is nice! You really notice the difference when you grab the wood portion while turning!

It's probably going to be option that I'm going to have to have, along with GPS and active cruise control down the road! The only option on my first vehicle after college was AC, and I've been on a downhill slide ever since.

Since we have a snow and dog photo thread going, I thought I'd attach mine. Minimal snow here the last 2 years, but with my original Mich. tires 80% worn, I will assure you we will have much snow this winter in MD!

CG
2005 STS