: Performance Brake Pads (PFC-1 vs Raybestos)

rgd
10-19-07, 01:57 PM
Some of you may remember my post long ago about my trying some pads other that PFC-1 which seem to be about the best if not the best performance pads for the V.
I figured I would do a follow up on the original post with my findings.

If I were one of the beautiful people receiving free pads via sponsorship I would probably choose PFC-01 pads because I like the feel. The initial bite when applying brakes is awesome; they maintain smooth/even braking every time with no fade at all. (I have brake ducting, which helps allot.)

However I have found the Raybestos ST-41 pads last probably 2 maybe 3X longer and don't seem to destroy my Rotors as fast. The difference is in how the initial bite feels, not as much initial bite as the PFC-01 pads. But the don't fade and brake just as well once braking begins (if that makes sense).

I have about 15 track days on my Raybestos pads with probably 5 or so more left in them.

Thats all I wanted to share.

Thanks,

rgd

thebigjimsho
10-19-07, 02:36 PM
Some of you may remember my post long ago about my trying some pads other that PFC-1 which seem to be about the best if not the best performance pads for the V.
I figured I would do a follow up on the original post with my findings.

If I were one of the beautiful people receiving free pads via sponsorship I would probably choose PFC-01 pads because I like the feel. The initial bite when applying brakes is awesome; they maintain smooth/even braking every time with no fade at all. (I have brake ducting, which helps allot.)

However I have found the Raybestos ST-41 pads last probably 2 maybe 3X longer and don't seem to destroy my Rotors as fast. The difference is in how the initial bite feels, not as much initial bite as the PFC-01 pads. But the don't fade and brake just as well once braking begins (if that makes sense).

I have about 15 track days on my Raybestos pads with probably 5 or so more left in them.

Thats all I wanted to share.

Thanks,

rgdSounds pretty much in tune from what I've heard. Good stuff. Now, I've got to get my ducting done as well...

Chef
10-19-07, 03:39 PM
Have you marketed your duct system yet?:hide:

1st in line....

Chef

lunarx
10-20-07, 12:54 AM
RGD, I think you are right.

PFC-01's definetly rock, but they vaporize quickly.
I only got 3 events out of a set.

When I could not get PFC-97's, I tried out some ST-43's.
(They are a step down from the ST-41's.)
If anything, I thought they had too much bite.
Not a bad thing, just more than I can easily modulate.

I'm thinking of trying ST-42's next, which have even less bite and hopefully a bit better modulation.

So what do you think of this brake kit that will soon be released for the V?
(My car was used for R&D measuring purposes.)

Front: 6 Pot AP Racing CP7040 caliper w/ 362x32mm (14.25x1.25") two-piece rotor (avail non-drilled)

Rear: 4 Pot AP Racing CP5306 caliper on stock rotor

Above set-up works with stock 18's.

A bigger front/rear kit is bieng considered, but it requires 19" wheels.
Would people want that?

Chef
10-20-07, 01:21 AM
I'm staying on 18's for mine.

thebigjimsho
10-20-07, 10:33 PM
RGD, I think you are right.

PFC-01's definetly rock, but they vaporize quickly.
I only got 3 events out of a set.

When I could not get PFC-97's, I tried out some ST-43's.
(They are a step down from the ST-41's.)
If anything, I thought they had too much bite.
Not a bad thing, just more than I can easily modulate.

I'm thinking of trying ST-42's next, which have even less bite and hopefully a bit better modulation.

So what do you think of this brake kit that will soon be released for the V?
(My car was used for R&D measuring purposes.)

Front: 6 Pot AP Racing CP7040 caliper w/ 362x32mm (14.25x1.25") two-piece rotor (avail non-drilled)

Rear: 4 Pot AP Racing CP5306 caliper on stock rotor

Above set-up works with stock 18's.

A bigger front/rear kit is bieng considered, but it requires 19" wheels.
Would people want that?Staying with 18's for me, but cost???

lunarx
10-21-07, 12:46 AM
Agreed, a kit that works with 18's is definetly what track guys will want. :yup:
As much as I would love bigger rotors, I also would hate to run 19 track tires.

The cost of this BBK is not released yet, as production plans are not finalized.
The use of the stock rear rotor will help to make it cheaper than most other 4 wheel kits.
Lucky us. :D

08 CTS owners will be pleased to know a kit is bieng developed for them as well.

As soon as things are official I'll let you guys know.