Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Aftermarket headunit install, help what mounts to get and where

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  CadillacSTS42005 
#1 ·
well i had sirius in my car with the pnp and wasn't happy with the poor reception . So i bought the fm direct to go in through the antenna and i still had a little hiss and it pissed me off. Well i returned it and need to get something to listen to sirius with . Also btw i had the sportster 4 thats what i returned. I used to have the original sportster and it worked great because it was 05 model but the backlight kept dimming and going off and on so i needed a new one.So im gonna get an aftermarket headunit . Where do i get the adaptor to install it . The wiring and then the holder for the dash . Everytime i look online i see nothing for cadillac. I have a 2000 deville and dont need to keep the steering wheel control.I want something with the rca so if i did buy another sirius pnp i can connect it with rcas so i dont need to use the shitty fm transmitter in it .

So basically after all the ranting i need a plate to hold a cd player in the factory location and the wiring i need to connect that to my factory plug.Ive done 1 car stereo install before and have had the facotry hu out a few times to do sirius stuff to it that sucked. But anyway . can anyone help me .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.