: New to Caddy and the forum

Jono
10-18-07, 09:59 PM
Just wanted to introduce my self. I just bought an 05 CTS V black on gray with 11k on the clock. I have been driving Corvettes for the past 10 years and wanted try something different. I was a part of the Corvetteforum.com and found it to be very helpful so I thought this place would be just as helpful seeing that I like to gather information before I try things. Anyways in short thanks for having me.

heavymetals
10-18-07, 10:04 PM
Welcome.

The V is a hoot.

RobWilson
10-18-07, 10:10 PM
Hello from another CTS-V newbie and Corvette Forum veteran.

I bought my V last week.

Jon
10-18-07, 10:12 PM
Welcome and congrats!!

I'm a CaddyForum "veteran" and Corvette Forum newbie (My dad is looking at a C6)

z06bigbird
10-18-07, 10:29 PM
You will love your V, whether you want to or not!

Great cars.

Jono
10-18-07, 10:55 PM
Welcome and congrats!!

I'm a CaddyForum "veteran" and Corvette Forum newbie (My dad is looking at a C6)

The C6 is a great car I almost bought one. I had a C4 and than upgraded to a C5 and now the V. So far I love my V with the exception of the stock shifter being crap (Typical for GM) and I canít keep the wheels clean ( I am guessing the over sized brakes could be the problem, which is a good problem to have). My wish list contains a new shifter, new high beams and fog lights, Corsa cat back and maybe some wheels. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Jon
10-18-07, 11:06 PM
The C6 is a great car I almost bought one. I had a C4 and than upgraded to a C5 and now the V. So far I love my V with the exception of the stock shifter being crap (Typical for GM) and I canít keep the wheels clean ( I am guessing the over sized brakes could be the problem, which is a good problem to have). My wish list contains a new shifter, new high beams and fog lights, Corsa cat back and maybe some wheels. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
The stock shifter is definately crap. I put a B&M with some dynamat in mine and it's great. You can still hear it a little (the B&M shifter transmits lots of noise) but I tried the UUC and the B&M. Like the B&M much better. Much more notchy and precise (IMO).

I DEFINATELY hear you on the rims. My rims were powdercoated a little lighter than stock. I am a perfectionist with my car. It always has to be clean, no rain, no snow. I drive around with a rag in my trunk to keep my rims clean wherever I go. No kidding, everytime I get to my g/f's house I give my rims a quick cleaning, and same when I get home.

For the exhaust, it really depends on what you like. I went with the Billy Boat. Unfortunately I bought a resonator instead of the x-pipe. It is already really loud, but next summer I am switching the resonator out for an x-pipe. IMO the B&B looks the coolest with the big tips. Picture (http://www.jon04ctsv.com/ctsv_album23/img_1153_2_std.jpg)

Anywaysl good luck with the car!

mike041357
10-18-07, 11:35 PM
Welcome! Hawk pads from Lindsay will cut down on 90% of the brake dust. They have the UUC Shifter and bushings as well. You'll find all opinions on the exhaust (I have a Corsa). Try to hear them in person if you can. Good luck!

theloanman219
10-19-07, 12:19 AM
welcome for swfl!

gene

benelliwang
10-19-07, 04:27 AM
Welcome, I am a long time corvetteforum.com member as well, but I didn't sell my C5. Instead I took it down to turn it into a twin turbo car with forged motor and what not. Now I need a daily driver so I bought the CTS-v...

CTSV_Rob
10-19-07, 11:23 AM
:welcome:

Fun car to Mod, I have done a few things (see sig)

One of my biggest compaints is the beake dust and I have just bought the pads from Lindsay and plan to put them on this weekend. Tough decision though because I still have atleast 75% life left ion the pads.

Short list is the B&B Headers are wow, really like the B&B exhaust with the resonator. I have the X-pipe on the car and it was just a bit much with the headers. The "Drone" was a bit much but now I just love the sound of the car!

CAG's Elimnator OR a tune will get rid of the ridiculous skip shift.

I have the UUC and Bushings and there is no way I would go back to stock!

Just have fun and drive her like you stole her!