for a clean 00-02 and that is my only other option to buy one of them
however I love the looks of my catera and think it would be so much
fun with an ls1 in it and hopefully it would be cheaper than buying a
car with an ls1 I will never sell The catera do to the horrible resale
value and if you still have one you know what i mean. Any info you
could give me would be great in pointing me in the right direction
Thanks-Pete

Answer

We are asking $2750 for the list of parts I posted (not including shipping).

I can send you the list of the major items and some pictures if you want.

You would still need a wiring harness and a PCM so that would be around $500 to $1000 depending on how you got the parts. The PCM would then need to be calibrated to work with the Catera so you would need to pay someone to do that or do it yourself.

We don't have any of the manual transmission related swap parts. You would have to adapt parts or order the Opel Omega manual transmission parts. You might be able to use GTO manual transmission related parts also.

The rest of the items and labor would really depend on if you used new parts and how much of the work you did yourself.

Hard to tell what the total cost would be but including the engine and the transmission it would probably be similar to buying a used Camaro or Firebird.

Jason

PEETYZ
10-18-07, 04:00 PM
Car is worth like 4,000 and swap would be around 10,000 you could sell stock motor and tranny but still very expensive personally id rather spend 10,000 on another car such as trans am or camaro z28 and have both cars

cheaper option? a eaton m62 supercharger set up that has under 238 rear wheel h/p or so for stock tranny to hold up 50 more hp at the crank would make me happy it can only be 2500 or so to do or cheaper what do you all think? any ideas/comments even the omega ecu and chip would help

yellowxhoodie
10-18-07, 04:26 PM
what does the eaton m62 supercharger put the catera's HP at after its installed?

and

i thought that the omega ecu and chip would not work on the caddy? am i wrong?

R-Caddy
10-18-07, 08:01 PM
Well, can't you buy an LS1 with 6speed and all related sensors and wiring? That's $3-4 grand depending on mileage. So, that means everything else is another $6-7 grand? I think that's BS. Of course, having it done will cost some bukcs, but $6-7 grand? Come on... I know some people who specialize in customizing cars (cutting driveshafts, welding and so on...) so that wil hopefully knock the price waayyyyyy down. Especially if I tell them they can put their sticker on the side of my car... :)) Just kidding bout that sticker stuff. But I do have someone to help me with the swap. It is not going to happen in the next couple of days, weeks or months, but eventually... :cloud9: Oh yeah, does anyone realize how easy it is to work on a pushrod V8?... :lildevil:

PEETYZ
10-18-07, 10:27 PM
M62 super charger is used on cobalt ss and is used for 4 and 6 cyc engines prolly push the cat up to 250 or so at the fly wheel and id say under 238 to the rear wheels which is about the max power we can have with stock tranny with a good tune. Now if we had a tough engine and tranny the super charger can add 40% more power assuming we have 200 thats 280hp but that may be too much for the tranny it would need a slighty conservative tune

The omega ecu may plug in and then the aftermarket chips will plug in it as far as catera compatibility i dont see why not as long as stock one (ecu)is removed and replaced with Omega ecu but i may be wrong i do know omega ecu chips wont work in catera ecu Heres some Info on Eaton M62 Superchargers http://www.capa.com.au/eaton_m62data.htm Here is a omega mv6 like catera with m62 with a poor tune i might add it just sounds off http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViGhqPlbTw0

as for swap cost it could be up to 7 thousand or so if you have to have custom parts made and computer custom calibrated the kit from lingenfelter is 2750 with no engine or tranny and no tranny mounting parts and assuming you dont have the equiptment in your garage to remove stock engine and tranny and put new in It's just expensive trust me im really disapointed I hope you can do it cheaper and if you can you must tell us how! Make a how to guide with pics lol =)

yellowxhoodie
10-19-07, 11:20 AM
yea, i dont think it would really be worth the money to but the supercharger. Especially with such a small gain. The swap on the other hand, would be awesome, just alot of time and money. And i dont really have to much of either.