: 08 Bumper on 05 STS?

Benjamin Simon
10-17-07, 07:02 PM
Background:
In recent weeks, I have had my car attacked 3 times. 2 big dents on the driver side fender and someone bumped into my bumper (cracking it). I have a $500 comprehensive deductible.

Opportunity:
Since my bumper needs to be replaced, I was thinking this might be a good time to put on a 08 bumper. I have the ACC with the dome. How is the ACC done in 2008? Will my ACC dome fit into the 08 Grill?

Concern:
The estimate is $1800. Since these 3 damages happened separately, am I going to have to pay the deductible 3 times?

What is the best way to minimize my cost with deductible and how should I proceed with the new bumper? I have not called my insurance company as of yet. I wanted advice before I say the wrong thing. I know they hate paying out.

My car is beautiful, but now it is looking white trash. I need to fix this asap and pray no one know attacks my Lac.

rb92gt
10-17-07, 07:59 PM
Your insurance company will probably want to see the police report(s)... Shouldn't be multiple deductibles. They may want to know why you are suddenly filing a claim now, after multiple incidents without letting them know.

Benjamin Simon
10-17-07, 08:45 PM
I did not file a police report. I suppose I can make one after the fact.
If the damage was just one item, it might be fine. But considering all 3, I must do something now.

Anyone have a suggestion on the 08 bumper or have multiple claims at one time?

LLCoolJson
10-17-07, 09:32 PM
just say the car was parked in a parking lot or something...when you came out it was vandalized.....pay ur deductible and get your whole car fixed...also if you know a body shop guy...maybe he can cover your deductible.....not the most honest way...but it gets your car fixed....

z06bigbird
10-17-07, 11:10 PM
just say the car was parked in a parking lot or something...when you came out it was vandalized.....pay ur deductible and get your whole car fixed...also if you know a body shop guy...maybe he can cover your deductible.....not the most honest way...but it gets your car fixed....

And we complain about dealers fibbing!! Maybe this is where dealers learned to fib.

If he takes your recommendation, this forum will be a nice piece of evidence for insurance FRAUD.

LLCoolJson
10-17-07, 11:35 PM
I Agree that it's not the best info...also, from what i read, he never said his driving caused the damage....so i would have to think it happened while it was parked...he pays insurance so when this kind of stuff happens he can get it fixed without getting killed on the repair bill. so to say it happened while parked is true. we pay insurance companies money so when our cars get damaged they get the car repaired.....same thing with dealerships..i'm paying for a service..and that service is not to lie to me....my cousin was a manager at a dealership...i went there to purchase a car...he was the manager at the buick section..i went to get a car at the pontiac section to purchase my car...talked to the manager and salesman there...tried to smoke me on my trade in and on the car i was buying...as soon as they found out my cousin was the manager at the buick dealership..and after he had ripped into them, the whole deal changed..my car was worth 4k more than before and the new car was much cheaper....you're right....dont want to commit fraud...but his car was damaged when he returned to it...

Benjamin Simon
10-18-07, 12:59 AM
All 3 damages occurred when the car was parked. My only concern is the truth is all 3 happened at different times. I read over my contract and it did not address this possibility. I just don't want to pay $1500 ($500 * 3) to have a $1800 job done.
I don't want to commit fraud. When you have 3 different damage occurrences, does it require 3 deductibles paid? Or do the damages need to happen all at once.