: Engine Performance mods 95 STS

STSforfun
10-16-07, 09:53 PM
I've been watching, had not hear anyone talking about engine performance mod's other that computer stuff.
I see there is not a lot out there So I was wondering if any one has rebuilt a motor and tried doing any thing like port matching, porting the heads or add any thing from a out side vender. To get more hp? Coil packs up grade?

Last chrfab seem's to have some nice stuff has any one pick up a set of cam and see if they could get them to work?

Craig

msta293412
10-17-07, 08:26 AM
You my freind, with a 95 (obd1) have alot of options....an intake and exhaust coupled with a chip.....would do wonders for that car....You could then get crazy and add an 80mmm throttle body with spacer....and probably keep going,.. even internals since the computer is somewhat tuneable, cams, springs, etc.... We are the limited ones, we meaning (obd2).....Good luck and if you need tuners for your car check: WESTERS GARAGE and FASTCHIP.....

STSforfun
10-17-07, 04:19 PM
Thanks Where would I look to find these upgrade any links to sites part numbers. I saw Fast Chips and Westers. I have not hear anyone speak about Westers but they claim they can do more but now HP number to Base there 425.00 price tag on.:crying2:

Craig

CadillacSTS42005
10-17-07, 05:40 PM
lol
what did you think it was going to be cheap!??!?!??!
gotta pay to play my friend...

STSforfun
10-17-07, 06:14 PM
No not at all! But I do need to see what I'm getting for my Cash.

Face value mean ZIP!!

Craig

CadillacSTS42005
10-17-07, 10:04 PM
do anything internal (ie cams springs etc) before you get the westers chip
they will build the chip for your exact specs where as fastchip and such sell a generic chip for you car netting only 10 hp

STSforfun
10-18-07, 04:07 AM
Cool, Has anyone here had work done by Westers?

Craig

msta293412
10-18-07, 09:00 AM
I dont know if anyone has done any real tuning with them yet, but Ive heard there chips are pretty seriuos.....so thats a good sign......cadillacsts2003 is right, do youre mods then have then tailer a chip for you....youl will be runnin pretty damned good......not to many people will have youre set up....Im even thinking of selling my 2001 sts for a 1995 just to do what youre thinking of doing...%-)

STSforfun
10-18-07, 07:32 PM
Well I ask that question:D They said Hmmm! We will get back to you.

Wester seem's to have the programing game down and CHRFAB has the go fast parts. Put the two together and your going fast.

Alan over at CHRFAB is more hotroding seat of your pants stuff useing the Holley Comander 900 ecu to make thing happen which is cool but not helping the performance car guys.

So I will let everone know what Wester has to say!

Craig

ThrowSumD'sONDatBiSH
10-20-07, 11:31 PM
my North* is all apart I am fixing the head gaskets so I am probably gonna buy some cams and springs and throw em on there. Im pretty sure thats cheaper then an exhaust just not if you get it done by a shop.

msta293412
10-21-07, 09:00 AM
Cams are great if you have an obd1, but dont substitute them for an exhaust, make sure you get a good free-flowing exhaust done with a little back-pressure....and increase the air-intake as well, that will maximize any gains you can realize with internals....:-)

STSforfun
10-21-07, 04:57 PM
my North* is all apart I am fixing the head gaskets so I am probably gonna buy some cams and springs and throw em on there. Im pretty sure thats cheaper then an exhaust just not if you get it done by a shop.

JUst remember if you doing cams you will have to be able to tune around them.

Now I have talk to CHRFAB and there position is good luck on your Cadillac there not interrested. Now if you doing a truck or a Hot rod then there all over it. Also if your looking for Bling to make you N look good they have it.

But I could see you doing porting and polishing work gasket matching to get some extra pony's and not affect the computer. Custom header.

So I'm waiting to see what Wester has to say. I really dont thing they were thinking in terms of a total package. So let see if they come up with something.

Craig

clarkz71
10-21-07, 06:54 PM
do anything internal (ie cams springs etc) before you get the westers chip
they will build the chip for your exact specs where as fastchip and such sell a generic chip for you car netting only 10 hp

Now you know damn well it's a dyno proven 15 hp Jason.

clarkz71
10-21-07, 07:04 PM
The chip from fastchip added 15 hp to the wheels and removed my top speed limiter. He had it up to 149 in 3rd gear on the dyno. The horsepower went from 230-245 at the wheels and the torque was 260 on the last pull, I can't remember what it was on the first.

Or did you forget this post?

STSforfun
10-22-07, 08:10 PM
Or did you forget this post?

I'm looking at the Fastchip in the short term my self, along with Porting and Polishing the Heads Custom Headers Exhaust system which should net 30hp So with the 15HP from Fastchip and you add that to the already Dyno number I could be banging out almost 400 hp. I still want a total package. Say 500 HP should do it. :bomb::lildevil:

Craig