: Signing Paper work tonight... Some questions!

faylix
10-16-07, 02:12 PM
Buying a black on black 06 CTS-VVVVVVV :devil: with 16,000 miles tonight!

Couple of new owner questions:

1. The dealership might have lost the Navi CD. Can I copy it from someone else and burn it to a new DVD? Is it VIN matched to the car or something?

2. I have a 1000 wat Boston amp and a 12.5 Boston XP pro woofer, After some inspection it looks like leaving the factory head unit is the way to go. How hard is it to splice my woofer in? Is it worth replacing the bose door speakers? Anyone know a good audio shop in West palm beach, south florida, or near Boca? =)

3. Whats the link to that website that shows you how to make your in dash dvd navigation system play real DVD's?

4. Good tuner shop in south florida. Will probably be looking into throwing a magnaflow exhaust system, intake, tune, and possibly kooks headers as well. DEF a short shifter (i saw a post on the preferred model and bushings here once, link?)

5. Local meets? owners groups? The subaru community was pretty tight.

6. Best tire pressure settings. 36psi all around?

7. DIY blacking out the headlamps and tail lights. I'd eventually like to get a black grill set for the front too and limo tints. Black on black all murdered out. Very hawt.

8. Anything I'm forgetting?

THANKS GUYS. And thanks to everyone who did vin checks for me and helped me to find my way to this awesome car.

-J

tx_metabaron
10-16-07, 02:20 PM
Buying a black on black 06 CTS-VVVVVVV :devil: with 16,000 miles tonight!

3. Whats the link to that website that shows you how to make your in dash dvd navigation system play real DVD's?

-J
:welcome:
Cool,you'll definitely enjoy the upgrade...

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/dvdmotion.html
and make sure you bookmark the FAQ,lots of good info on there.

RunningOnEMT
10-16-07, 02:23 PM
1. no clue ... don't see why not, you can order them off the GMPP website

2. its not hard, just have to find the stock amp and splice into the line level wire

3. www.cadillacfaq.com
4. no clue on a shop but PM Luke Butler (Lindsay Cadillac Parts...yes thats his username) and order yourself a UUC shifter, knob and a set of the lindsay bushings, best investment ever

5. Talk to Sal or Tony, they are local so FLA

6. i keep mine at 33 ... but i don't do much track driving

7. i don't know if anyone has blacked out the headlights yet , like a joeymod where you paint the inside, but gothicaleigh sells vinyl eyelid decals, and you can use nightshades spray to black out the rear lights

8. order yourself a Corsa exhaust and some headers now, its worth it.

rand49er
#4) For a short-throw shifter, there are primarily two ...

For a UUC plus the bushings, get hold of Luke at Lindsay Cadillac:

lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

For a B&M, go to eBay but also call Luke for the UUC bushings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/B-M-45067-Cadillac-CTS-CTS-V-Short-Throw-Sport-Shifter_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33736QQihZ020QQ itemZ300160452906QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

heavymetals
Welcome to the MADNESS!

PM me your address and I can send you an old map.

The Tony Show
10-16-07, 02:24 PM
Not a ton of stuff happening in FL, as there aren't too many V's around. There is a good bunch of guys in South Florida (Nikon, OneBadCad, CSP3000, theloanman, and a few others), but I don't know how often they meet up. We got together once and went looking for a race, but the law beat us there by a few minutes :D.

Consider a mail order tune from www.stealthv.com - Many forum members (including myself) run his tune and are extremely happy.

As far as the Nav disc, make the Dealer throw one in. They're only $99 now, but it should be included with the car.

z06bigbird
10-16-07, 02:28 PM
Subaru community??? Huh?? Don't know if I would admit I was a ricer. Might get banned!

LOL

faylix
10-16-07, 02:46 PM
Subaru community??? Huh?? Don't know if I would admit I was a ricer. Might get banned!
LOL

hmm. Not quite sure what your def of "rice" is.

My car was an 288.7 to the wheels (about 380ish crank) beast with a computer controlled drive line, 3 active differentials and a close ratio custom 6spd that was factory rated to 550 ft/lbs of tq meaning i could blast that thing off a 5500 rpm launch tearing all 4 tires loose that on a good day would land a low 12 second 1/4 mile.

Not to mention run rings around your z06 at the autocross.

I'm over the whole import buzzy knife edge type handiling rough ass ride thing though. I'm over with the V community now because i wanted some old world class, and the beautiful sound of an american v8 as opposed to the buzzy rumble of my 4 cycl boxer.

To me, rice is big body kits, over sized rims, hUgE wings -

and being a judgemental elitist ****wad who is unappreciative of anything other than the car he chooses to drive. :p

Nice ta meet ya though. I got a buddy with a paxton'd first gen z06 thats a blast to drive sideways. Much love to your car. :cloud9:

And everyone else, thanks for the warm welcome and the replies so far.

-J

nikon
10-16-07, 03:07 PM
Welcome, where abouts in S. FL are you? I'm in the west palm area. Theres a couple of us that meet up around here, I could help you out with the spray tint and such it's easy. I don't know of any tuner shops...your best bet is to do your own work or get screwed. As for tire pres. the door says 30....thats what I run....equates to 35-36 when hot.....was 40-41 on the track...so 30 is plenty...enjoy the car.

btw, what stealership are you buying from?

faylix
10-16-07, 03:13 PM
Welcome, where abouts in S. FL are you? I'm in the west palm area. Theres a couple of us that meet up around here, I could help you out with the spray tint and such it's easy. I don't know of any tuner shops...your best bet is to do your own work or get screwed. As for tire pres. the door says 30....thats what I run....equates to 35-36 when hot.....was 40-41 on the track...so 30 is plenty...enjoy the car.

btw, what stealership are you buying from?

You're probably like 20 minutes north of me. I'd loveeeee some help making my headlights look like yours... and if you wanted to help out with the short shifter install ( i have tools but no jacks, left them up north when i moved down south with the grandfather) I'd def bring the beer.

Buying from Maroone. I have a cuz who works there so i'm not getting tooooo ripped off.

nikon
10-16-07, 03:32 PM
I got mine from maroone as well, make sure you get the 100k certified warranty, it is WELL worth the 1200$. And my headlights are stock, my taillights though are tinted...and the short shifter is an easy install. I'm in jupiter farms so more like 30minutes, but still not too bad.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m284/nikon858/100_0975.jpg

CIWS
10-16-07, 04:09 PM
1. The dealership might have lost the Navi CD. Can I copy it from someone else and burn it to a new DVD? Is it VIN matched to the car or something?

The Nav DVDs are not copy protected, however they require a Dual Layer disk to copy, a little over 8 gig of data. So yes you can copy them and they are not VIN matched. Just need Dual Layer blanks and a DL capable burner for the media type.

faylix
10-16-07, 04:12 PM
The Nav DVDs are not copy protected, however they require a Dual Layer disk to copy, a little over 8 gig of data. So yes you can copy them and they are not VIN matched. Just need Dual Layer blanks and a DL capable burner for the media type.

Dealer just found it. woot woot.

nikon
10-16-07, 05:09 PM
^^ make sure they found the newest one.

faylix
10-16-07, 05:31 PM
^^ make sure they found the newest one.

does the 06 need the firmware update to use the newest one?

heavymetals
10-16-07, 05:58 PM
No.

04-05

dqw1
10-16-07, 06:26 PM
Welcome to V Land!

CIWS
10-16-07, 06:31 PM
No.

04-05

Some 05's not all ?

50 4Ever
10-16-07, 06:39 PM
For blackout, PM Chef

TgSEzqncjAU

heavymetals
10-16-07, 07:16 PM
Some 05's not all ?

Yeah some 05's, but good luck figuring that one out.

Best way to tell is if it has XM radio traffic (working) then it doesn't need the flash.

However, if the radio has been replaced all bets are off.

50 4Ever
10-16-07, 07:22 PM

Best way to tell is if it has XM radio traffic (working) then it doesn't need the flash.

How do you tell if XM Traffic works if you are in an area not covered by XM Traffic? After you do the flash will XM Traffic work?

heavymetals
10-16-07, 07:29 PM
How do you tell if XM Traffic works if you are in an area not covered by XM Traffic? After you do the flash will XM Traffic work?

The flash "fixes" the cars without XM radio traffic to work with a new map release.

The cost to convert to the XM radio traffic system is prohibitive.

Evidently, the XM radio traffic "hooks" to the newer map release defaults the system to Michigan, and your stuck as far as being able to enter a destination (read the sticky).