: VIR Dec 8-9 w/ Chin

trukk
10-16-07, 02:02 PM
Everyone,

I just signed up for the CHIN event being held at VIR on sat/sun Dec 8-9. Let's get a few more V's out to represent. It's also the last track day for the season. Sourthern VA (you have to drive into NC to get to the track) is usually still pretty mild in Dec.

http://www.chinmotorsports.com/events/descriptions/choose.asp?listid=39

Chin is a bit more expensive than most of the other VIR events, but from what I've heard they put on one hell of an event. Very low #'s of cars out at a time. Also what's cool is that they only have 3 (Novice, Intermediate and Advanced) run groups instead of the usual 4-5 of other groups. Each You end up with at least 3 hours of track time PER DAY. That's 50% more than I got at VIR with Mazda, and double what I got with NASA.

I also went ahead and ordered up the meals that they provide, as I've heard they are efficient and tasty.

Anyway, please sign up as soon as you can as the spots fill up fast.

-Chris

NormV
10-16-07, 02:11 PM
Chris, I might have to join you on this one. It won't be until later in November that I know for sure. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks,
Norm

trukk
10-16-07, 02:21 PM
Chris, I might have to join you on this one. It won't be until later in November that I know for sure. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks,
Norm

Sounds good. What are planning on bringing vette or V, if you come?

BTW, I'm checking to see if any of those Padock Garage suite's are availible for that weekend. It would be cool to have a place to chill, and do some work on the cars if needed.

-Chris

thebigjimsho
10-16-07, 05:31 PM
Everyone,

I just signed up for the CHIN event being held at VIR on sat/sun Dec 8-9. Let's get a few more V's out to represent. It's also the last track day for the season. Sourthern VA (you have to drive into NC to get to the track) is usually still pretty mild in Dec.

http://www.chinmotorsports.com/events/descriptions/choose.asp?listid=39

Chin is a bit more expensive than most of the other VIR events, but from what I've heard they put on one hell of an event. Very low #'s of cars out at a time. Also what's cool is that they only have 3 (Novice, Intermediate and Advanced) run groups instead of the usual 4-5 of other groups. Each You end up with at least 3 hours of track time PER DAY. That's 50% more than I got at VIR with Mazda, and double what I got with NASA.

I also went ahead and ordered up the meals that they provide, as I've heard they are efficient and tasty.

Anyway, please sign up as soon as you can as the spots fill up fast.

-ChrisDamn! I thought it was in November...

My V will be slumbering for the winter by then, nevermind that we may have snow on the ground by then...

trukk
10-17-07, 09:10 AM
Damn! I thought it was in November...

My V will be slumbering for the winter by then, nevermind that we may have snow on the ground by then...

There is one in November too, but I think it's probabaly full. I know Ron is going down for the November one. If you decide to go down, I'm sure you can use his trailer again. I can give you his contact info if you decide to go.

My wife is going out of town that weekend, so I couldn't swing it.

-Chris

trukk
10-17-07, 09:19 AM
I just got an e-mail back from VIR, and have reserved one of the padock suites, plus a garage for the weekend, so me, and any of you other swine that decide to show, will be big pimpin' :D (plus have a space trackside to keep warm if it's nippy.)

I'll may have some extra space in the room, if anyone needs a place to stay. it will depend if any of my other deadbeat track friends decide to come.

For those that haven't been to VIR in the last 2 years, the paddock suites are 15 feet off pit road, which is along the front straight, and sit above some garage space. It's a great location.

-Chris

CVP33
10-17-07, 09:06 PM
Chris,

I'm in! Maybe I can sleep in the paddock? I may have to after shelling out $700 for this event! I did the lunch deal, but figured we'd find something off-site for dinner. PM and maybe we can convoy there? I'm coming from Chesapeake, VA.

thebigjimsho
10-17-07, 09:27 PM
OK, I've been scheming and plotting and trying to finagle a way to get down to Virginia for this event. But, alas, it has come to mind that my mother has knee replacement surgery on the 6th. So I definitely won't be joining. But I was pricing flights and rental cars even up till now...

CVP33
10-17-07, 09:43 PM
We're going to miss you big JIM! VIR is a great track!

thebigjimsho
10-17-07, 10:14 PM
We're going to miss you big JIM! VIR is a great track!Wow, those boats just ooze slow! j/k. I was at VIR in June, too bad you couldn't make it then.

I wonder how the Charlotte Limousine market is? Maybe I could relocate...

CVP33
10-17-07, 10:26 PM
I won't even pretend that the 300 can keep up with the likes of you in a V, but I gotta believe that I'll hold my own vs. the newbs. I had a great time there for the SRT Track experience and I've been looking for an opportunity to get back ever since. This should be a riot. Chris (Trukk) is a little low-key, maybe if I get a few beers in him he'll cut loose. :lildevil:

trukk
10-18-07, 10:13 AM
I won't even pretend that the 300 can keep up with the likes of you in a V, but I gotta believe that I'll hold my own vs. the newbs. I had a great time there for the SRT Track experience and I've been looking for an opportunity to get back ever since. This should be a riot. Chris (Trukk) is a little low-key, maybe if I get a few beers in him he'll cut loose. :lildevil:

LOW KEY ?? Wait till you see me sporting my 3 sizes too small womens golf shirt. It's the nutz!

You are more than welcome to come crash in the Ultra Delux Trukk Paddock Suite. Right now I have my buddy Ron and Tracy comming also. As long as you don't mind using a cot or an air matress, you're in.

Ron and Tracy ran with us back in June. I pretty sure I've got Tracy talked into buying a V. He's currently running a 2001 Golf 1.8t with a bus sized turbo (and it's damn quick). This will be Ron's 20th & 21st track day this year (all @ VIR). He will be running his 95 e36 m3. He actually lives in chesapeake, so if you want to roll down with him you can. I think you guys are what 2.5 hours away? He will bring down his trailer, so as long as you don;t mind driving his M3 home, he can tow your car home after it breaks. That will be very convienant for you.

Anyway, I still have to get the details on the whole event, so I'm not sure what time they open the track to us on Friday, but I plan to be down there in the later afternoon (say 5 ish?)

Finally I signed up and they put me in Novice, due to the computer. I sent an e-mail requesting Provisional Solo, as that's probabaly where I should be.

Chris, what class do you think you'll end up in? (I see you in novice now.)

Can't wait to see that big land barge out there carvin some corners :D. Also looking forward to seeing those dope azz tires.

-Chris

trukk
10-18-07, 10:19 AM
We're going to miss you big JIM! VIR is a great track!

How did those SRT-8 Cherokee's do on the course?

-Chris

v-sam
10-18-07, 06:50 PM
I will be there for both the Nov. and Dec. schools.

CVP33
10-18-07, 07:25 PM
How did those SRT-8 Cherokee's do on the course?

-Chris

We didn't get to run the Jeeps on the road course. We did 300's, Chargers, Magnums and Crossfires. Obviously the Crossfires felt most at home, but the 300's were stupid fast at the end of the straight. Surprised more guys didn't run off, me included. The Jeeps were featured in a make shift 1/8 mile track followed by a slalom course. The Jeeps of course launched incredibly hard with AWD, but also did surprisingly well through the slalom. This is where we drove the 300 (again), the Jeep and the SRT-10 Rams. The Rams were beasts.

Can't wait to run, but sadly, I'm not ready for any solo runs.

NormV
11-05-07, 03:46 PM
I just registeref and it looks like instructors slots are filled up. It is much cheaper for us. :) I'll probably going to Daytona the same week with Audi Club.

Be safe an we'll hook in the spring.

Norm

trukk
11-05-07, 04:51 PM
I just registeref and it looks like instructors slots are filled up. It is much cheaper for us. :) I'll probably going to Daytona the same week with Audi Club.

Be safe an we'll hook in the spring.

Norm

Cool deal. I saw the stuff on the Chin site about daytona. Make sure you give a full report on that! Which car are you taking?

-Chris

trukk
11-05-07, 05:12 PM
A quick update.

OK, looks like the paddock suite might be getting a bit cramped, but if you guys don't mind, I certainly don't.

So far we have the following comming & staying:

1) Chris (duh). BED1. V
2) Ron. BED2. 95 White E36 M3
3) Tracy. FLOOR. 2001(?) Blue 4 door 1.8T Golf w/ bus turbo :D
4) Chris VP. BATHTUB. SRT-Slushbox
5) John. FLOOR. V
6) Rick. FLOOR. [Spectator. He may or may not come.]

Ron checked and he said they have roll away beds available. I think having 4 is probabaly not all that realistic. A few of you guys might want to bring an air matress/sleeping bag, just to be safe. I've been in the suites before (never stayed there though), and they have a fair amount of room in them, and have a small kitchen / efficiency. It's going to be a bit cozy, but we should be fine. If any of you guys snores, or has excessive gas though, I will kick your @ss out to the garage :devil: (seriously, not joking here.)

Note 1 : I've mooched off of Ron's hotel room the last 3 trips to VIR, so he definately gets a bed.

Note 2: Ron and I are strictly hetero, and thus will not entertain offers to share either of the beds.

Please PM me your cell numbers and e-mail addresses, so I can send you my contact info. See you guys in a few weeks.

-Chris

P.S. I just got a phone call from VIR. Ron and John are down there right now w/ Chin. They indicated that there were a bunch of GM test vehicle down there for testing tomorrow. One of which was definately of interest to our community :D

CVP33
11-05-07, 08:19 PM
I'll be getting my own room. Uncontrollable flatulence and ungodly snoring. And Beer only makes both conditions worse. Oh, and I'm serious too! :lildevil:

trukk
11-06-07, 12:37 PM
I'll be getting my own room. Uncontrollable flatulence and ungodly snoring. And Beer only makes both conditions worse. Oh, and I'm serious too! :lildevil:

Haha. You going to get one of the suites? They are cheap, if still available. $109/night I think. Garage was $100 per night too. You can share my garage if needed.

-Chris

CVP33
11-06-07, 08:10 PM
Haha. You going to get one of the suites? They are cheap, if still available. $109/night I think. Garage was $100 per night too. You can share my garage if needed.

-Chris\

I'll call tomorrow and try to get a suite. Thanks for the garage offer. Good place to store some crap. BTW, can we run an open face helmet? Some tracks are calling for a closed face, just curious.

thebigjimsho
11-06-07, 11:55 PM
\

I'll call tomorrow and try to get a suite. Thanks for the garage offer. Good place to store some crap. BTW, can we run an open face helmet? Some tracks are calling for a closed face, just curious.Closed only. And YOU must have a tinted shield. Only you...:yup:

thebigjimsho
11-06-07, 11:58 PM
I keed, I keed. I dunno what Chin does with you, Chrysrer owna...

trukk
11-07-07, 01:27 PM
\

I'll call tomorrow and try to get a suite. Thanks for the garage offer. Good place to store some crap. BTW, can we run an open face helmet? Some tracks are calling for a closed face, just curious.

According to their website, they only require M1995 or better. No restriction on open face.

-Chris

CVP33
11-07-07, 08:51 PM
All the suites and rooms are taken. No room at the inn. I'll be looking into a room in downtown Danville. Yeah right, downtown. :histeric:

thebigjimsho
11-07-07, 09:44 PM
All the suites and rooms are taken. No room at the inn. I'll be looking into a room in downtown Danville. Yeah right, downtown. :histeric:Yep, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express downtown. I roll in bright and early at 2:30AM and the front door is locked and they instruct you to use the side doors. But you need a key. And there was no one at the front desk.

I circled around the hotel with the B&B burbling away and then went back to the front door and rapped away until someone finally came.

Never track your car on 3 hours of sleep. Bad idea.

MWD
11-08-07, 06:34 PM
Wish I could make this one. Too busy lately... 80hrs/wk. I lose track of time and season.

Michael

thebigjimsho
11-08-07, 06:37 PM
Wish I could make this one. Too busy lately... 80hrs/wk. I lose track of time and season.

MichaelHey Michael! How goes it?

MWD
11-08-07, 07:05 PM
Hey Michael! How goes it?

No broken diffs... gotta look on the bright side.;)

Michael

CVP33
11-08-07, 09:21 PM
Pigs CAN fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO3zkteuzmM&NR=1

AAIIIC
11-09-07, 11:39 PM
Yep, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express downtown.
That's where I always stay. They put out fresh-baked cookies at like 6pm or thereabouts. Mmmmm.... warm chocolate chip cookies and milk! :bouncy:

Pigs CAN fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO3zkteuzmM&NR=1
I vaguelly remember a couple years ago one of the big 3 car magazines did a comparison test of an E46 M3 and a 300 SRT-8 (or maybe Charger SRT-8), including some time at the Streets of Willow out in CA. The Streets is a pretty tight course - not a big ass heavy sedan course - but the SRT-8 was only off the M3's time by 8/10ths of a second or something like that. I was impressed/surprised. They're big cars, but SRT didn't just slap a badge on it and call it a day, they've got the brakes and suspension to match the power.

CVP33
11-10-07, 10:30 PM
I vaguelly remember a couple years ago one of the big 3 car magazines did a comparison test of an E46 M3 and a 300 SRT-8 (or maybe Charger SRT-8), including some time at the Streets of Willow out in CA. The Streets is a pretty tight course - not a big ass heavy sedan course - but the SRT-8 was only off the M3's time by 8/10ths of a second or something like that. I was impressed/surprised. They're big cars, but SRT didn't just slap a badge on it and call it a day, they've got the brakes and suspension to match the power.

I'm just layin' in da' weeds. :thumbsup: I won't be the slowest, but I certainly won't be the fastest. Too many GT3's.

thebigjimsho
11-11-07, 01:28 PM
That's where I always stay. They put out fresh-baked cookies at like 6pm or thereabouts. Mmmmm.... warm chocolate chip cookies and milk! :bouncy:

I'm just layin' in da' weeds. :thumbsup: I won't be the slowest, but I certainly won't be the fastest. Too many GT3's.Yeah, that was a Chrager SRT-8 against the bigger sedans and it was close to the M5, not M3.

CVP33
12-01-07, 04:07 PM
I finally broke down and bought a real race helmet. $120 with bag.

http://www.pyrotect.com/image.php?type=D&id=30

3.3 mile, 17 turns. I'm so damned excited. I think a little bit of pee just came out. :eek:

http://chinmotorsports.com/images/tracks/vir2.gif

CVP33
12-01-07, 04:10 PM
Holy crap, this just missed me!!!!!

http://blogs.tampabay.com/80s/images/milwaukeebest.jpg

v-sam
12-01-07, 06:46 PM
Milwaukee's "beast" is what we called it in high school.

thebigjimsho
12-02-07, 01:09 AM
I think VIR's Grand East course is a bit more fun. I really enjoyed the Patriot course. I picked up on it fairly fast...

lasciVious
12-02-07, 05:38 PM
My V is old, lazy, and a little out of shape so I wont be running this time but, I will be spectating..... Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and seeing your set-ups.

trukk
12-02-07, 11:31 PM
Milwaukee's "beast" is what we called it in high school.

Man Beast is by far the best next day laxative EVAAAAAAHHH. I can't even tell you how much of tht stuff I drank in high school and college. My senior year of high school, it was 6.99/ case, with a mail in rebate of a dollar. At the end of the summer, I got $100 BACK :D

In my dorm room at College Park, I had a 6 foot display that me and some friends 'liberated' from a liquor store. It was a giant clawed hand holding a big can of the 'Beast'. the tag line said "Unleash the Beast!". They tell me those were good years.:lildevil:

I think VIR's Grand East course is a bit more fun. I really enjoyed the Patriot course. I picked up on it fairly fast...

I had a blast on Grand east, but MAN, that was a lot of turns to remember. The main is more fun to me, especially with our car, that loves the more sweeping open layout, as oposed to the tight technical bits on the patriot. Either way VIR is the shiz.

My V is old, lazy, and a little out of shape so I wont be running this time but, I will be spectating..... Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and seeing your set-ups.

Feel free to swing on by and hang with us. Give me a call, and I'll tell you were we are, or just look for the area near the padock efficiencies, that has the gay @ss chrystelr 300 with the tyres facing the wrong direction :D

443 992-2853

5 MORE DAYS :yup:

-Chris

v-sam
12-03-07, 01:11 AM
Chris,

Is Ron going to make it? I figured he blew his head gasket but never heared anything. I hope so I was looking foward to running with both of you. What run group are you going to be in? Is it still cool if I crash with you? To lasciVicous on Friday it is Holiday Laps so come run then. You give them $25 to do like 6-8 laps or so. Its behinde a pace car so you won't go all that fast but it is a neat way to see the track. LasciVicous you should bring a helmet for Sat. and Sun. so you can ride with us at high speed. Chris day and time are you planning on getting there? (919) 608-2248.

Take it easy,

John

trukk
12-03-07, 10:05 AM
Chris,

Is Ron going to make it? I figured he blew his head gasket but never heared anything. I hope so I was looking foward to running with both of you. What run group are you going to be in? Is it still cool if I crash with you? To lasciVicous on Friday it is Holiday Laps so come run then. You give them $25 to do like 6-8 laps or so. Its behinde a pace car so you won't go all that fast but it is a neat way to see the track. LasciVicous you should bring a helmet for Sat. and Sun. so you can ride with us at high speed. Chris day and time are you planning on getting there? (919) 608-2248.

Take it easy,

John

John,

Ron blew his engine. He upgraded to a 3.2. It's in and he's working the bugs out. As of Friday he was still planning on comming, and co-driving my car. I'm provisional solo, so I'll probably run w/ beginner and ron will run internmediate, if we share. If he workes everything out with his car, and brings it, I'll probabaly run intermediate (I guess that's right as a prov solo ???). Either way I think they are fairly leinant after the first couple of sessions with where you run, so we can get out together at one point or another.

Tracy (blue golf) and Ron are both going to stay with us. I have another friend that might come down, but I think he's waffling, so it will probabaly be us 4.

I am swinging by Lindsay midmorning on friday to get Nels' rear tower brace thrown on, and to get the fluids changed. As soon as that's done, I'll hit the road. I hope to be down there around 6ish.

C 443-992-2853.

I'll touch base with you on friday.

-Chris

lasciVious
12-03-07, 06:19 PM
Chris,

To lasciVicous on Friday it is Holiday Laps so come run then. You give them $25 to do like 6-8 laps or so. Its behinde a pace car so you won't go all that fast but it is a neat way to see the track. LasciVicous you should bring a helmet for Sat. and Sun. so you can ride with us at high speed. John

Cool, not sure about friday but I may be able to work it out. I got two helments, should I bring the one for speed or the one bult for comfort? :histeric:

trukk
12-04-07, 09:18 AM
Cool, not sure about friday but I may be able to work it out. I got two helments, should I bring the one for speed or the one bult for comfort? :histeric:

I guess it depends if you are gonna take a ride in a V, or an SRT :lildevil:

-Chris

lasciVious
12-04-07, 09:25 PM
I guess it depends if you are gonna take a ride in a V, or an SRT :lildevil:

-Chris

Um....Is that a neon? or a Viper?:suspect:

trukk
12-05-07, 10:21 AM
Um....Is that a neon? or a Viper?:suspect:

Heh, I'm giving Chris some shi!t. He had two V's, that he had a few issues with (;)), and then went to a 300C STR-8. He's comming this weekend, with his sport barge.

-Chris

lasciVious
12-05-07, 07:06 PM
Ah I see..... Its not looking good for friday at this point.

CVP33
12-05-07, 08:14 PM
I should be there around 7:30pm. I was hoping to get off a little early but not looking real good. As for the "gay" and "barge" comments, I prefer to let my shitty driving do the talking for me. :bump:

trukk
12-06-07, 12:06 PM
I should be there around 7:30pm. I was hoping to get off a little early but not looking real good. As for the "gay" and "barge" comments, I prefer to let my shitty driving do the talking for me. :bump:

AHAHAHA,

Can't wait. I would expect by 1930 we'll be at the VIR pub. Just give me a call when you get in.

=-Chris

CVP33
12-06-07, 10:04 PM
AHAHAHA,

Can't wait. I would expect by 1930 we'll be at the VIR pub. Just give me a call when you get in.

=-Chris

I will definitely be calling. Still may be able to get off in time to be there by 6:30. Saturday 64* and partly cloudy, Sunday 65* and partly cloudy. I think I've died and gone to heaven. Racing at VIR in December? Who'd a thunk it!

CVP33
12-08-07, 09:35 PM
I just posted this on the SRT8 forums.

Having a great time. A few highlights:

1) Our cars are very fast
2) Our cars are very heavy
3) 1 and 2 are a very bad combination if you're not paying attention
4) I'm hitting 145mph on the front straight and 142mph on the back
5) Passing C5's is easy fun on the straight, not so easy in the essess's
6) Passing S4's, M3's, old M5's will give you lot's of people to talk to during the breaks
7) Getting passed by Z06's and Porsche GT3's is inevitable
8) Race gas is expensive and 6.1 liters are thirsty - $140 in race gas for day one.
9) I'm the fast Chrysler here!
10) I'm the ONLY Chrysler here!
11) I'm the heaviest car here!
12) Lot's of great comments from other drivers and even compliments from course workers watching me man handle da' beast.
13) If you get motion sickness - DO NOT ride in your instructor's fully prepped 911 that pulls roughly 1.3 g's in the corner and can stop on a dime!
14) Vredesteins are doing VERY well but will most likely be able to handle only two events of this length. I'm getting over 4 hours of track time!
15) Brakes are good. I had no idea they were this good! If you've panicked stopped on the freeway you have 'some' idea. But imagine pulling down 4,600 lbs. traveling at 145mph into a decreasing radius right hander (turn 1). That will get your attention.
16) I had two OFF's. One at turn 17 where I totally cooked the corner. One at turn 1 where my instructor and I were exploring just how late we could brake the beast into turn 1. We found out!
17) An SRT-8 will never keep up with a V on a road course if the drivers are equal. Straightaway speed appears to be very similar but every other advantage goes to the V. I tried to keep up with a CTS-V on our last open track session and ended up cooking every corner in the effort. The instructor was not happy. Race yourself and not another driver.

All in all great fun! :D

trukk
12-08-07, 09:56 PM
I just posted this on the SRT8 forums.

Having a great time. A few highlights:

1) Our cars are very fast
2) Our cars are very heavy
3) 1 and 2 are a very bad combination if you're not paying attention
4) I'm hitting 145mph on the front straight and 142mph on the back
5) Passing C5's is easy fun on the straight, not so easy in the essess's
6) Passing S4's, M3's, old M5's will give you lot's of people to talk to during the breaks
7) Getting passed by Z06's and Porsche GT3's is inevitable
8) Race gas is expensive and 6.1 liters are thirsty - $140 in race gas for day one.
9) I'm the fast Chrysler here!
10) I'm the ONLY Chrysler here!
11) I'm the heaviest car here!
12) Lot's of great comments from other drivers and even compliments from course workers watching me man handle da' beast.
13) If you get motion sickness - DO NOT ride in your instructor's fully prepped 911 that pulls roughly 1.3 g's in the corner and can stop on a dime!
14) Vredesteins are doing VERY well but will most likely be able to handle only two events of this length. I'm getting over 4 hours of track time!
15) Brakes are good. I had no idea they were this good! If you've panicked stopped on the freeway you have 'some' idea. But imagine pulling down 4,600 lbs. traveling at 145mph into a decreasing radius right hander (turn 1). That will get your attention.
16) I had two OFF's. One at turn 17 where I totally cooked the corner. One at turn 1 where my instructor and I were exploring just how late we could brake the beast into turn 1. We found out!
17) An SRT-8 will never keep up with a V on a road course if the drivers are equal. Straightaway speed appears to be very similar but every other advantage goes to the V. I tried to keep up with a CTS-V on our last open track session and ended up cooking every corner in the effort. The instructor was not happy. Race yourself and not another driver.

All in all great fun! :D

Go to sleep fool :D. I'm hoping someone can help me with my funky woble.

-Chris

CVP33
12-09-07, 07:08 PM
More to add:

1) Add my name to the Golden Caliper list. Brakes got cooked trying to whoa down 2 and half tons from 145mph.
2) Upgraded brake fluid is a MUST. Had to cut the last session short in day 1 and my 3rd session short in day 2. I'll know better next time.

Chris (Trukk), John (?), Tracey and Ron are about the coolest guys you could have at the track. I had a riot fellas and hope to do that again. Thanks again for everything!

1) Ron for the helmet :thumbsup:
2) Tracey for keeping the track officials off of me (j/k) :halo:
3) John for the pointers on the front straight and the ass beating on the uphill essess. :yup:
4)Chris for the invite and the hospitality. :wave:

For the record, I'm still burping Aunt Millie's pizza. Dear god that was pure shit. But the service was great! :histeric:

lasciVious
12-09-07, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the hospitality guys.... and Chris for the alsome ride... It was all I could do to stay out of your way. You need a center OH SHIT handle. I was thinking of coming back out today but when I got home last night my dog had puked all over my new house. So I spent the day steam cleaning my carpets. I guess she was pissed I didnt take her to the track :)

thebigjimsho
12-10-07, 07:57 PM
I hope I see all you jagoffs at Summit in May...

trukk
12-10-07, 09:41 PM
Ohh and BTW,

You should have dedicated track tires
If you don't have dedicated track tires, you should at least rotate them.
If you have offset unidirectional street l tires at the track, shoot yerself in the head, it's much mo' simpla.These Falkens have about 18k miles on them, and have gone through 5 full track days. They are about 1/8" above the wear bars, which really impressed me, as they are TreadWear 200 tires. I just replaced the rears at about 17k miles (they were slicks, with a few cords showing).

Crappy cell phone pics. Needless to say I was surprised. Glad I didn't get a steel splinter.

-Chris

CVP33
12-10-07, 10:49 PM
My undirectional, semi-unsymetrically, diametrically opposed, eliptically obverse Vredesteins held up very well. Got a few questions on those. Like who mounted your tires all F'd up like that. And, damn that's one F'd up tread pattern. :histeric: Oh well, they did great and held up well to the abuse. No surprises, great feedback and nice at the limit feel.

v-sam
12-11-07, 12:22 AM
Fellas,

I had a blast at the track! We def. need to do it again sometime soon. Thanks to Chris for letting my uninvited girlfriend stay and me as well. Thanks to the other Chris for having the balls to track another 4 door saloon. My only negative comment is that the V needs better brakes.

Take it easy,

John

trukk
12-11-07, 10:58 AM
My undirectional, semi-unsymetrically, diametrically opposed, eliptically obverse Vredesteins held up very well. Got a few questions on those. Like who mounted your tires all F'd up like that. And, damn that's one F'd up tread pattern. :histeric: Oh well, they did great and held up well to the abuse. No surprises, great feedback and nice at the limit feel.

I guess the tread was stickier than the steel belts in my case. Damned heavy @ss car.

I gotta believe that as you progress, and if/when you go to stickier tires, you'll have some issues too, unless you shell out the big bucks for PS2's or something similar.

Moral of the story? You get what you pay for.

-Chris

CVP33
12-12-07, 09:04 PM
Full disclosure.

Bad news - My rotors feel like they're warped after my bonzai track sessions at VIR.

Good news - I have a great relationship with my dealership.

Bad news - My service advisor called me Tuesday to tell me he's quitting on Friday.

Good news - He tells me to bring my car in and he'll see what he can do.

Bad news - All 4 rotors are warped and if we're changing the rotors we must change the pads.

Good news - All compliments of Chrysler and a $1,500 brake job under warranty.

Bad news - No more track days in my immediate future with a car this heavy.

thebigjimsho
12-12-07, 09:24 PM
Bad news - No more track days in my immediate future with a car this heavy.You better get your fat ass to Summit Point this spring and take your beating like the Chrysler owning pansy you are(Fat ass meaning SRT-8).

CVP33
12-12-07, 09:27 PM
You better get your fat ass to Summit Point this spring and take your beating like the Chrysler owning pansy you are(Fat ass meaning SRT-8).

Believe me I want to. 1 track day is like finishing the last 3 holes playing par golf, you just want more. I was pretty good about doing a cool down lap around the infield after my runs but not religious about it. My fear is that I'm in for a set of rotors everytime I run. I just can't do that.

AAIIIC
12-13-07, 12:13 AM
This thread is worthless without video clips. :) Or did none of you guys have cameras?

trukk
12-13-07, 10:58 AM
This thread is worthless without video clips. :) Or did none of you guys have cameras?

Heh, I can show you some great video of my crawling around under the car :(.

I think John had his camera going. Hopefully he can post up. I want to see him passing that Ferrarri :D

-Chris

CVP33
12-13-07, 08:46 PM
Pictures are up on the website, but really they're useless.

v-sam
12-14-07, 12:34 AM
Screw passing I lapped the Ferrarri twice in one session. He was a cool guy though not a big ego! I got vids on the way. About 5 hours!

trukk
12-15-07, 09:39 PM
A few pics that I vulched from F&S, the VIR track photographers.

http://www.fandsenterprises.com/galleries2007/chin128blue/index.html

1) I WON. See that checkered flag!
2) Two Cadi-wacks out together.
3) Notice how my front and rear rims don't match? Thisw was after I realized I had nearly de-laminated my Falkens.
4) John just got passed by the Ferrarri :stirpot: :D.

-Chris

CVP33
12-16-07, 01:15 PM
I've done the same, however the "green group's" pictures aren't as compelling as the blue and red. :duck:

v-sam
12-16-07, 06:00 PM
I guess Trukk must be real grateful for my Bridgestones and Rims he used on the track haha. I am working on the videos the are taking forever to put on the net.

trukk
12-17-07, 02:52 PM
I guess Trukk must be real grateful for my Bridgestones and Rims he used on the track haha. I am working on the videos the are taking forever to put on the net.

Heh, I felt cool having passed him once :cloud9:....Then you said you lapped him in one session :banghead: (wholly fark!)

Btw, those two laps I used your tires was just the best! :D [Seriously though, thanks].

-Chris

v-sam
12-20-07, 12:29 AM
Its good man anything to help a fellow V driver

trukk
12-20-07, 10:45 AM
Its good man anything to help a fellow V driver

Post your VId's FOOL.

-Chris

v-sam
12-21-07, 02:53 AM
I have tried but I can't do it on here or google video. If you want to PM me your address I will send the Vids to you and let you post them.

AAIIIC
12-21-07, 11:31 AM
How big are the videos? Have you tried Streetfire and/or youtube? If they're not too ginormous I could host them, although I don't know how you'd get them to me.

trukk
12-23-07, 10:21 AM
I have tried but I can't do it on here or google video. If you want to PM me your address I will send the Vids to you and let you post them.

Dude, you're a college student. You have nothing but time, and sposed to know them thar computers. Figure it out, and POST.

I'm too busy scarring my kids for life, telling them santa is going to miss our house, if they don't attempt to behave.

-Chris

AAIIIC
01-01-08, 11:27 PM
Have we given up on ever seeing videos? How about just some lap times off the video?

v-sam
01-02-08, 10:27 PM
AAIIC,

I will send the videos to you via snail mail. PM me your address if you are cool with it. I would be grateful as it would shut Chris up.

Thanks,

John Conger

AAIIIC
01-06-08, 04:10 AM
Easier said than done, as the Navy is transferring me right now. But I sent you a PM anyway. :)