: Houston V drivers let's go

Mystical_Ice
10-16-07, 01:43 PM
We have another V driver (same guy i ran into on 290 the other day, that i ran with and that pulled me hard) that's thinking of selling his V (his red 2005 is listed on the classifieds... yesterday).

I told him we need to all go to dinner sometime before he sells (who knows, maybe we can convince him to keep it)

next thursday (25th October) sound good? who'd be up for it? :) just a nice dinner i was thinking.

GMBOUND
10-16-07, 01:55 PM
Whew, I thought that was ur V, you was selling.
I was like you only had it 2 months!

Mystical_Ice
10-16-07, 09:24 PM
lol naaa not mine. not yet... if these rattles and creaks keep up much longer then it will be mine ;)

but anyway, there's a car meet/show on 1960 between 249 and I45 on thursday nights. we should all go get dinner and then roll up :D

machwon04
10-17-07, 02:01 AM
Hey mystical, I posted a comment in his (your) thread asking if he'd mind if I took his for a spin since I'm interested in trading my Mach for a V after the first of the year. Hell, I guess driving ANY V in the Houston area would help me get a better feel for whether or not that is the direction I want to go.

Tomahawg
10-17-07, 05:57 AM
I'm close to 1960. I need to hear some exhaust options any of you guys going have aftermarket pipes?

Maybe by then i will have 500 miles on the car and i can cut her loose.

christmas
10-17-07, 08:16 AM
Depending on the time of dinner I am game..... Keep me posted.

Mystical_Ice
10-17-07, 10:46 AM
wow, all these V owners coming out of the cracks now.

ummmm OK, let's plan on: 25th October (Thursday) night, 7:00 @ Outback steakhouse on 1960 (close to 249, on the I45 side of 1960... 5 min. from 249)

how does that sound?

Scotty7751
10-17-07, 01:27 PM
damn houston stuff!

machwon04
10-17-07, 03:09 PM
Mystical - how come you won't answer anything I ask you? I am very seriously looking into upgrading to a V in mid-January. Seeing as there aren't any on any dealer lots around town, I'd like to be able to meet up with a knowledgeable owner in the Houston area and find out everything I can about the car before I buy. I don't want to end up like all these other owners getting rid of theirs in less than 2 years because they realize it's not the car for them, PROBABLY because of a lack of knowledge about the vehicle. Who better to gain first-hand knowledge about the car than from a committed owner?

On that note, is there ANYONE in the Houston area that wouldn't mind meeting up with me this weekend to let me check out their V to make sure it's what I really want, and maybe let me take it for a spin for just a couple of miles, no romping or anything. If this is the way I go, you can bet your ass you will have another committed owner amongst yourselves in the near future, who likes to spend any and all free time with their car. My Mach has been my pride for a couple of years now, but it's time to move on with the impending lifestyle change.

Mystical_Ice
10-17-07, 05:30 PM
dude... i'm sorry, i had replied to you in the car's classifieds page ;)

i said for you to give the guy a call (his phone# is listed), it's not my car, so i can't make that call, but i'm pretty sure he'd let you :)

darkman
10-17-07, 06:53 PM
Mystical - how come you won't answer anything I ask you? I am very seriously looking into upgrading to a V in mid-January. Seeing as there aren't any on any dealer lots around town, I'd like to be able to meet up with a knowledgeable owner in the Houston area and find out everything I can about the car before I buy. I don't want to end up like all these other owners getting rid of theirs in less than 2 years because they realize it's not the car for them, PROBABLY because of a lack of knowledge about the vehicle. Who better to gain first-hand knowledge about the car than from a committed owner?

On that note, is there ANYONE in the Houston area that wouldn't mind meeting up with me this weekend to let me check out their V to make sure it's what I really want, and maybe let me take it for a spin for just a couple of miles, no romping or anything. If this is the way I go, you can bet your ass you will have another committed owner amongst yourselves in the near future, who likes to spend any and all free time with their car. My Mach has been my pride for a couple of years now, but it's time to move on with the impending lifestyle change.

As of last week or so Tom Peacock Cadillac on the North Freeway had both a black CTS-V and a black STS-V sitting on their open-air showroom floor. These are not listed on their website inventory but still have window stickers. You might give them a call to find out what the deal is.

machwon04
10-18-07, 12:09 AM
dude... i'm sorry, i had replied to you in the car's classifieds page ;)

i said for you to give the guy a call (his phone# is listed), it's not my car, so i can't make that call, but i'm pretty sure he'd let you :)

Oh ok. I checked it a couple of times before you replied I guess. I'll see about giving him a call. Thanks!

machwon04
10-18-07, 12:19 AM
As of last week or so Tom Peacock Cadillac on the North Freeway had both a black CTS-V and a black STS-V sitting on their open-air showroom floor. These are not listed on their website inventory but still have window stickers. You might give them a call to find out what the deal is.

Thanks for the heads up man. I'll be in town this weekend so I'll give them a call.

Albertan
10-22-07, 03:37 AM
Just got back from Houston a couple of hours ago. (helped to move my daughter there looks like I'll be there a fair amount now just visiting, esp in winter) I had the misfortune of driving the 1960 from West end to I45 on Saturday afternoon. NEVER AGAIN!!! The Jeep Liberty rental had no trouble with keeping up to the traffic: 5 to 25MPH. Other than that I had a great time driving all over from West end to Baytown and up to Conroe. The whole time I didn't see one V. Kinda disappointed.

Mystical_Ice
10-23-07, 02:20 AM
you don't see too many Vs around here. i can count with the fingers on my left hand how many Vs i've seen on the streets in my life.

yeah. 290 to I45 on 1960 is killer with all those traffic lights. i counted how many there were one day, i think it was 36. 30 something at least... and during rush hour, they're all backed up to the next traffic light *shudders*

OK so who's up for this thursday?

machwon04
10-23-07, 10:49 AM
I checked out Tom Peacock while I was in town on Saturday, and they had just sold it a few days prior. I did test drive a new CTS just for the hell of it though. The tiptronic shifting was fun. Very nice interior as well. I don't think the sales lady believed me when I told her I was looking to get in a V sometime in January. Could have something to do w/ the fact that I look like I'm 18...

Mystical_Ice
10-23-07, 11:31 AM
pity how people judge you by the car you drive or by your age. that's society here unfortunately...

Mystical_Ice
10-23-07, 03:51 PM
Houston - Champions Outback Steakhouse
(281) 580-4329
5710 FM 1960 W., Houston TX 77069
Proprietor: Carrie Baker Stafford

7:30PM thursday
good?