: TRACK Day FOOTAGE....

Chef
10-16-07, 12:12 PM
Someone captured a few runs with the group...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b4b6707c-78d6-4aa1-9382-99c900222fce.htm (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b4b6707c-78d6-4aa1-9382-99c900222fce.htm)

Mystical_Ice
10-16-07, 12:44 PM
oh very nice!

Mystical_Ice
10-16-07, 12:46 PM
LOL Chef, you drive by, and you have like 10 cars on your tail :p

EDIT: dang, that silver porsche was RIDING that srt-4

CIWS
10-16-07, 01:17 PM
It looked like that BMW's wheels were leaving the ground trying to keep that corner.

Do you have many Mini's trying to track with you guys ? (saw the one)

Chef
10-16-07, 01:29 PM
I was never passed that day so when there is a car in front of me it was when I was "black flagged" and had to go into the hot pits. Black flagged for lapping a car under yellow - Thought on the last turn it would have went green (2 laps yellow) but it didn't...Had to restart coming from the poll position.

Those S's really should be clipped over the cambers for the best line then getting as close to the left corner (enough to touch them) to set up the next T.

The blue Porsche driver is a professional driving a Cup car.

The yellow BMW is known for breaking all times in his class in Time attacks.

We do get modded minis as well as modded Lotus's (behind me :shhh:Wildwheel might be lurking) & modded Sti's -

thebigjimsho
10-16-07, 01:49 PM
No offense, but after 2 1/2 minutes in I had been too bored to continue. That corner made it look like pace laps...

RunningOnEMT
10-16-07, 01:54 PM
how did the shelby replicar do?

Nels
10-16-07, 02:07 PM
Good stuff, It's nice when CTS's lead the way.

Chef
10-16-07, 02:31 PM
No offense, but after 2 1/2 minutes in I had been too bored to continue. That corner made it look like pace laps...

Agree - from that spot we are coming off a hairpin turn from Turn 1 to 3 so really the speeds are not top speed but rather high 70's-95's through the twisties down from 120's - 150's from the straight.

When the camera is on the windsheld or roll bar it really does a lot more justice. The track in itself is not as fast as the West Coast tracks or Midwest but works as it is on the tour for the pros and is a good technical course with lots of walls:bomb:

how did the shelby replicar do?

He's got the real deal and signed by Carroll - 427 and pretty damn fast. He's more of a 1/4 miler though so he didn't flog it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1320787401379999790&q=pir+race
Here's another Cobra at PIR - called the Blue Monster---

RunningOnEMT
10-16-07, 03:33 PM
He's got the real deal and signed by Carroll - 427 and pretty damn fast. He's more of a 1/4 miler though so he didn't flog it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1320787401379999790&q=pir+race
Here's another Cobra at PIR - called the Blue Monster---

a REAL AC Cobra.... that guys got some balls

or is a real CSX4100 continuation car... i know those COME signed by Carrol

rand49er
10-16-07, 03:34 PM
Wa ... wa ... walls? Did you say, "walls?" Oh boy ...!

Yeah, even though that particular corner was not overly exciting, it was still a nice vid. BTW, love your exhaust sound as the camera's point of view was from behind. A couple of those Porches looked pretty quick.

Nice rep job, Chef. :thumbsup:

V-Love
10-16-07, 05:22 PM
Chef,
What level driver are you? HPDE 2,3,4, or more? How many days on the track do you have? If nobody is passing you, you have skills. Your in-car showed you hittting apex's nicely. Keep killin' 'em.
The vettes can get me on the straits but I reel them in on the twisties. I even took a Viper out this weekend. If I can tranfer the hi-8 to digital, I will try to post.

CIWS
10-16-07, 05:32 PM
Chef,
If I can tranfer the hi-8 to digital, I will try to post.

Running Windows XP ? Then use Windows Movie Maker, it can capture the video, allow you to edit add titles, etc and then you can upload the .wmv file to almost any video site on the web.

Chef
10-16-07, 07:22 PM
If nobody is passing you, you have skills. Your in-car (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) showed you hittting apex's nicely. Keep killin' 'em.

Only this time - not always:nono: ---

In car? Maybe you're thinking RGD? That footage was from a guy on the s's on the outside?

V-Love
10-17-07, 02:20 AM
Running Windows XP ? Then use Windows Movie Maker, it can capture the video, allow you to edit add titles, etc and then you can upload the .wmv file to almost any video site on the web.

I know this is windows. I am such an amateur with computers but I printed your advice and am looking into it. Thanks. Respect.

V-Love
10-17-07, 02:32 AM
Only this time - not always:nono: ---

In car? Maybe you're thinking RGD? That footage was from a guy on the s's on the outside?

My mistake. I think there where a few V's on the track this past weekend. RGD was holding it down. I have to get a bullet cam system. Everything plugs into a little hard-drive and you can have multiple cams and engine monitors that show throttle, rpms, speed, ect.
Like these... http://www.chasecam.com/pdr/pdr100.htm

They have even better ones I've seen in GRM Magazine. They seem simple and are probably easy to transfer onto the computer. Your car needs about 4 cams, Chef. Over a tire, in the front grille, underneath the rear between exhaust tips, and a roof mount. Oh, and one for your big smile:D.

AAIIIC
10-17-07, 02:37 AM
LOL Chef, you drive by, and you have like 10 cars on your tail :p
Which generally means someone needs to be giving more pass signals.

Chef
10-17-07, 04:33 PM
Or...Which generally means no while under yellow...

HITMONEY
10-17-07, 04:53 PM
The only thing that kept me watching that video was the hopes of seeing the V some more.

Chef... On board camera FTW next time. :thumbsup:

bpitas
10-17-07, 05:34 PM
Good vid man - it's always interesting to see how people match up against each other. Like that Mini looked like he was pushing the guy in front of him just fine. :-)
I think a good bit of who's faster is based on who has more to lose if they stuff it into a wall, because when I raced my C5 I used to pass all kinds of cars that I had no business passing. :-)
Now I can't wait to get the V onto the track next spring!
-B

AAIIIC
10-21-07, 12:14 AM
Or...Which generally means no [passing] while under yellow...
Well, dammit, fire the cameraperson or tell 'em to post some video with some hot laps! :mad2::p