: Is the CAGS eliminator a warranty killer???

tweak48
10-16-07, 11:46 AM
My '04 warranty runs out next April, and I'll probably pop for a GMPP extended warranty.

I'm pretty happy with the car stock, but the CAGS seriously dilutes the pleasure of driving it. On the other hand, I don't want to spend money on a extended warranty and have it voided by using a CAGS eliminator. Any opinions on this one?????

BTW, any recommendations out there for the best CAGS eliminator now that Stealthv no longer makes them?? It's well worth it to me to spend the $40 or so for the GM connectors instead of using duct tape. I need another source. Thanks!!

Jon
10-16-07, 11:54 AM
No it's not. Most likely the dealer will never know.

And it takes 10 minutes at the most to jack up the car and plug it in. If you're worried, just remove it everytime you bring the car in.

blownchevy
10-16-07, 12:23 PM
you could always have the PCM reprogrammed ;)

Kadonny
10-16-07, 12:39 PM
The eliminator is so stealth no one would ever see it unless specifically looking for it.

darkman
10-16-07, 12:58 PM
My dealer just installed a UUC flywheel and new clutch. They never said a word about the CAGS eliminator, which I believe they would have unplugged and then reconnected as part of the process. I suspect the technician simply plugged everything back in that he had unplugged and never realized that the CAGS eliminator was not part of the stock setup. My CAGS eliminator device does, however resemble the stock connectors to which it is attached.

I would only rmove it if I were taking the car on some transmission issue that my cause specific attention to the CAGS.

Natedog
10-16-07, 02:09 PM
This is the one i ordered. Came in a few days, looks to be quality product. I am installing it tonight
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-CTS-V-Skip-Shift-Eliminator-Plug-Play_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33736QQihZ001QQite mZ110179908461QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

NIK
10-16-07, 02:42 PM
My dealer service tech installed mine for me during my last oil change (and didn't charge me for it.) As a matter a fact, he said a lot of guys have been asking about where they could be obtained so I gave him the name of my source.

If there would be a warranty issue, I'm sure he would have alerted me to it. And I'm pretty sure I got it from the same guy as NATEDOG as it was through E-Bay and the supplier was from Arizona. It's a well-made, quality product, looks completely OEM.

lonestranger
10-16-07, 02:52 PM
Got mine from Katech and took all of 10 min to install. My dealer has replaced the clutch (under TSB) and the differential (also under TSB) with no problems - I doubt the tech gave it a thought!!:D

StealthV
10-16-07, 07:40 PM
It's much more a problem with the EPA than a warranty killer. GM put CAGS on the V because the EPA said so, not because GM wanted to do it.

CTSV_Rob
10-16-07, 07:41 PM
Boy, if that will take you out of warranty I am in some serious trouble!

The Tony Show
10-16-07, 07:50 PM
My CAGS eliminator is named Rick at StealthV.com. When I go in for service, nobody's seein' nuttin'. :D

CTSV_Rob
10-16-07, 08:02 PM
I will be getting rid of mine Friday! Wohooo!

gfxdave99
10-16-07, 08:21 PM
I had an 98 and a 99 WS6 with CAGS killers on them and even with the clutch slave cyl croaked on the 98 and it was under warranty and they re-did the whole clutch they never cried about the cags.