: Track Day Video (Thunderhill Raceway)

rgd
10-15-07, 06:54 PM
Thought I would share a video. Although I wish I could figure out how to get a good picture. It looks like a cheesy old video game if you ask me. I compressed it as suggested 320x 240, 30fps, MP4 and blablabla.

Sorry I'm a rookie at this so you will have to go to YouTube and type in the title below and search.

It was a great/fun day in spite of the video quality.

rgd's Cadillac CTS-V Thunderhill Raceway reverse direction

Nels
10-15-07, 07:58 PM
It looks good. Your driving is smooth. Keep it up

Nels

rgd
10-15-07, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM3YPAitP_M

rekctsv
10-15-07, 08:52 PM
Nice video man. It wasn't the best quality but I still enjoyed it, that makes me really wanna go track mine.

Chef
10-15-07, 10:48 PM
Well done! In car handycam? I'm trying to get the wind noise out of mine and hear the damn engine:confused:

Good driving!

V-Love
10-16-07, 04:46 AM
Nice lines. They let you pass on turns I noticed. Some real good driving and the car sounds great.

rgd
10-16-07, 11:35 AM
Well done! In car handycam? I'm trying to get the wind noise out of mine and hear the damn engine:confused:

Good driving!

Chef,
I made a camera mount out of plexiglass with big suction cups that hold it to the window. Gets rid of the wind tunnel effect.

And thanks for the nice comments guys.

lunarx
10-16-07, 12:33 PM
Holy Cow, that's the way to tear up the track. :yup:

Dean400hp
10-16-07, 01:02 PM
wow, I was watching that and leaning at my desk on every corner, nice passes, I felt like I was there...:thumbsup:

Dean

odla
10-16-07, 01:22 PM
I got to say, you got some skills.

Nels
10-16-07, 01:31 PM
Chef,
I made a camera mount out of plexiglass with big suction cups that hold it to the window. Gets rid of the wind tunnel effect.

And thanks for the nice comments guys.

How small is your video camera that plexiglass can support it? I have a JVC small hand held and I having some trouble to get quality coverage and sound. Would you care to share your idea?

50 4Ever
10-16-07, 05:04 PM
That was great. 1st lap after you rounded 5A my heart skipped a beat as I said 'where the h@!! is he going" then I remembered you were running the bypass. Great video, I loved the upshifts coming out of 14, sorta sounded thike the car chase scene in the movie Bullitt. Try double apexing #2 sometime, you don't need as much brake and you can carry a lot of speed thru it, besides it's the real racing line.

Thanks for posting.

rand49er
10-16-07, 05:27 PM
wow, I was watching that and leaning at my desk on every corner ...Heck, I was braking like no tomorrow when you were running up on those other guys!!! Hard to tell sitting here at my desk just how much pedal pressure to apply, too! :D

NICE vid! Dang that looks like one long adrenalin rush! :yup:

rgd
10-16-07, 07:06 PM
How small is your video camera that plexiglass can support it? I have a JVC small hand held and I having some trouble to get quality coverage and sound. Would you care to share your idea?

Probably the same cam. I have a JVC Hard Disc cam. I made a box but the top is at the right angle to match the window allowing the cam to sit at the right angle. Bolt into the bottom of the cam. Suction cups hold it to the window. I can only film using a SD card though. The HD shuts off due to vibration. The cam could be huge, plexi comes in many thicknesses, suction cups do too.

CTSV_Rob
10-16-07, 07:21 PM
Looking good out there rgd! See you tonight if you still plan to go to St Claire.

Chef
10-23-07, 10:31 AM
TTT.....*grin*