: Are the 04 rear windows the same as the 06's?

conedoctor
10-15-07, 03:16 PM
Hello all,

I want to buy GM sunshades #19153918 for my 04 and they are listed to 06 only, before I toss $75 in the garbage I would like to know. I can't see a difference but hey what do I know?

Thanks Matt

Mplsspyder
10-15-07, 05:43 PM
Should be- interior didn't change until 07.

terryk
10-15-07, 08:26 PM
Didn't the radio antennae move to the rear windows in 05 or are you talking about the rear door glass?

conedoctor
10-16-07, 12:58 AM
No the rear door windows is where the shades go.

We have an A6 right now with factory rear shades and really don't want to go without, I have no idea why other companies don't offer a factory rear shade option?

I looked over all the parts lists and I think they are the same so I will order a set and find out, hard to find online retailers to ship to Canada so off to the dealer.

b4z
10-16-07, 08:52 AM
I doubt if you will have a problem with the shades.
A little bit of trivia though:
'04s have a 35% tint on the rear windows.
'05s and later have the darker 30% tint.

conedoctor
10-16-07, 09:27 AM
I doubt if you will have a problem with the shades.
A little bit of trivia though:
'04s have a 35% tint on the rear windows.
'05s and later have the darker 30% tint.

You are correct, it got darker after 04. I wanted an 05 but the perfect 04 came up and I will take options and condition over darker tint I guess, the shades should help. I guess I could just change glass as well?

Thanks Matt

TSS
10-16-07, 10:38 AM
Before replacing the glass, just have a shop tint over the rear glass. It will get super dark. :thumbsup:

conedoctor
10-20-07, 12:50 AM
Well I may take the plunge here and order some up, they have to come out of the states so if any of you 04-05 guys need sun shades and would like to try them before I buy them and bring them in I would like to hear from you.

The Canadian dealers say there is no such part, well ummm there is.

Thanks Matt

sgilbert
10-20-07, 09:40 AM
This is what I have. In channel. Very easy install.

http://www.weathertech.com

RippyPartsDept
10-20-07, 11:23 AM
This is what I have. In channel. Very easy install.

http://www.weathertech.com

I would recommend the in-channel style of vent visors over stick-on anyday.
They look so much better. But that's not what you're posting about... the number you've got is this:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/7615/srxshadeqs2.png

This looks like a worthless accessory, unless you have a baby, and don't want to get one of those generic baby shades.

conedoctor
10-20-07, 12:15 PM
I have two babies and after having them in the Audi I can't go back, the suction cup ones are sooooo lame.

Yes I was not looking for vent visors.

sgilbert
10-20-07, 02:50 PM
OOPS! Sorry. Thought that was what you wanted.

conedoctor
10-20-07, 03:42 PM
Nope no worries.

I have a 4 month and a 22 month old but don't really want super dark windows, the shades are perfect. As I said the Audi's have them right in the door, I don't know why the big 3 can't figure this out. I think in Europe tint is not the answer right away, yes it works but even in my Sierra the sun is too bright in the back when you 4 months old and can't work you hands yet :)

TSS
10-21-07, 03:30 PM
I would probably still go for darkening the OEM tint. While you are at it, you could have them put some light tint on the front windows - trust me, it really elongates the SRX and spruces it up!

RippyPartsDept
10-24-07, 10:58 AM
I agree... for the rear windows go as dark as possible so you don't have to use the shades... not sure about your local laws, but can't you black out the rear sides? at least i think you can here in NC

TSS
10-24-07, 12:09 PM
I agree... for the rear windows go as dark as possible so you don't have to use the shades... not sure about your local laws, but can't you black out the rear sides? at least i think you can here in NC

I believe you can in most places, as panel vans with no side windows are legal.

Also, A light tint on the front does not draw much attention so long as they are still a shade lighter than the back. Front tint is illegal here in MI, but I have had 5 SUVS with factory dark tint in the rear and aftermarket lighter in the front and never had a problem in 12 years. Knock on wood!

conedoctor
10-24-07, 06:53 PM
Nice part about the shades is you can still see at night, I will post some pics and results if I ever get me car!!

RippyPartsDept
10-25-07, 11:12 AM
Nice part about the shades is you can still see at night, I will post some pics and results if I ever get me car!!

TRUE

TSS
10-25-07, 11:57 AM

You want to be able to see at night TOO? Picky picky picky. :)

MortnCyn
10-25-07, 06:41 PM
Nice part about the shades is you can still see at night, I will post some pics and results if I ever get me car!!What! You were supposed to have it last Friday.
The distance between Baltimore, Maryland, United States and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada,
as the crow flies:

1986 miles (3196 km) (1726 nautical miles)
Initial heading from Baltimore to Edmonton: northwest (311.9 degrees)

Initial heading from Edmonton to Baltimore: east-southeast (104.5 degrees)
Possibly they need directions.

conedoctor
10-25-07, 07:46 PM
Not happy with DAS at all, the car has been in WA (12 hour drive from Calgary) for over 2 weeks now. There customer service just says they are waiting for it to be picked up, so I paid for a car 5 weeks ago and paid the shipping in full and you can't tell me when I maight get it.

I need to get stuff in place for when it gets here so I can drive it around for import inspections, I am going to call and go off on them if I don't have a date for delivery in the morning. If they are waiting for a full truck then first let me know and second shove that idea and ship me my car.