: Cars in the shop - driving a Mustang now

Seattle CTS-V
10-15-07, 02:44 PM
I finally got my car over to the shop last Friday to see why I keep throwing 'Bank 2 low knock sensor voltage' codes. They determine that the sensor is bad and say they should just replace both of them since they're only $50 a piece. I was hoping it was just some quick fix like - 'oh, the header bolts just needed to be retorqued' or something like that. But, nope. So, they have to pull the blower and replace the sensors. Estimate around $600...which seems pretty reasonable. It just sucks to spend money on the car that isn't really ADDING power or handling. Rather, it's just giving me the power back that I already had. So in the meantime, I'm borrowing my parent's 1995 Mustang GT. As a highschool kid I recall this car being pretty fast. Now it feels sooooo slow.

On another note, I'm pretty sure the bad sensor has been pulling timing and making the car run really rich (which is why it smells like gas all the time). So my little run-in w/ a 350Z makes a little more sense. We did a 60-100 run and I only pulled a couple car lengths. I was a bit surprised. Then again, he did one of those 'I'm going to start racing before I line up with you' races where I had to get on throttle just to match his momentum b/f I could start pulling.

10-15-07, 03:24 PM
My "other" car is a 2006 mustang GT. Faster than the '95's, but still feels slow compared to the CTSV.

Seattle CTS-V
10-15-07, 05:17 PM
My "other" car is a 2006 mustang GT. Faster than the '95's, but still feels slow compared to the CTSV.

The newer Mustangs are a world apart from the Mustangs of late. Most V6's put out more power than this thing.

BLACK_CTSV
10-15-07, 06:38 PM
I had a '95 Cobra that was slowwwww....

Until I put a 331 in with 14#'s of boost :)