: Dad points

Albertan
10-15-07, 12:07 AM
Last night I was picking up my kids from the local clubs. They know I will drive them down and pick them up, any excuse to drive the V. My daughter and two of her guy friends were standing outside the club. One guy starts getting all excited telling my daughter "look there is a Cadillac CTS-V!". My daughter looked at him and said "oh, that's my dad!". The guy ran over to me and looked at the car and was high fiving me. Daughter was quite embarrassed. It seems the car gets noticed a lot by club patrons whereas during the day it is invisible.

Mystical_Ice
10-15-07, 02:05 AM
nice :D

Slaigher
10-15-07, 02:19 AM
Cruise down Electric Avenue?
Last time I was in Calgary, I followed my Nav to get to a meeting downtown. I ended up turning onto the street with the train tracks. No train in sight, but lots of stares as i passed the platform...

Albertan
10-15-07, 10:59 AM
Slaigher
Unfortunately for you they were looking at the doofus driving on the LRT and bus line NOT the car. (The nav isn't really up to date here.) Sort of like when you drive the wrong way on a one way street. Always gets attention and not in a good way!
Any further on your tune?

RunningOnEMT
10-15-07, 11:13 AM
i went to my friend's wedding over the weekend, lots of big money people driving their benz, bmw, aston, that type of crowd

got more than a couple compliments on my car

i was actually kinda shocked

Slaigher
10-15-07, 12:04 PM
No word on the tune, right now I'm waiting on the header I had taken off to get re-tubed. B&B has been great, they just got it Friday I think, and are sending it back today. I took the car in 5 WEEKS ago. Between the dealership forgetting to send it in, and UPS losing it somewhere, I've been driving the truck alot.

trukk
10-15-07, 03:39 PM
i went to my friend's wedding over the weekend, lots of big money people driving their benz, bmw, aston, that type of crowd

got more than a couple compliments on my car

i was actually kinda shocked

This weekend I took my wife into DC to go to the symphony (I was in the dog house, and she loves that kind of stuff). We stayed at one of the trendy botique hotels (again she loves that kinda stuff). We were checking out at noon, along with everyone else it seemed. The valet was backing cars into the hotel entrance area to make room for all the cars, perpendicular to the sidewalk.

The finally pull mine up. You could hear the wump-wump-wump a ways away (viva corsa + kooks). Everyone's heads swivel around, looking for the source of the sound. Most were aghast at the non hybrid sound. However, an older guy standing next to me, in his trendy clothes, with his trendy wife, say "Wow, listen to that Cadillac." His wife says "Is it supposed to sound like that?", which made me smile. My wife looked over at me and slightly shook her head (she's not as fond of the corsa and kooks). Then the guy reply's "Ya..they make some really nice cadillac's now. That's the hot rod one." My wife then gave me that 'don't let it go to your head look'. Made my weekend :D

The word is getting out.

-Chris

rand49er
10-15-07, 05:27 PM
Bruce and Chris: Nice stories ... put a smile on my face. :D