: Clutch still sticking to floor

rekctsv
10-14-07, 11:21 PM
I put my V in the shop last weekend because of the clutch sticking to the floor after high RPM shifting (TSB problem). I was hoping to get the TSB repair done for that problem. For those that don't know, the TSB was issued on 2005's with a clutch kit that was built before 12/21/04 and I was preparing to argue that my clutch kit was built before that date too! Well they said my slave cylinder was leaking and they repaired that and I got the car back Thursday.

Yesterday I got stuck behind a couple of cars and I didn't have much of a passing lane. So I jump into the passing lane in 2nd gear, let RPM's build a little, shift 3rd, and by the time I get ready to go to 4th the clutch is once again to the floor. So the slave cylinder repair didn't fix the problem. I drive another 15-20 minutes hoping the clutch would come back up but it never did. Shifting is very difficult and at a couple of red lights I barely got it into 2nd gear. When I reached my destination I got out of the car a little mad but something told me to go back and pull the clutch up by hand. The clutch comes back up and then the car is shifting again like there never was a problem.

What in the world is my problem? Has anyone else done this with a sticking clutch? I guess I could duplicate the problem and take it back in, sticking once again.

rand49er
10-15-07, 10:36 AM
... a little mad ...I woulda been fuming!!! :mad2:

Definitely go back in and raise some heck. I had a little return spring break (found a piece of it on the floor under the pedals) ... could that be an issue here?

rekctsv
10-15-07, 10:40 PM
I woulda been fuming!!! :mad2:

Definitely go back in and raise some heck. I had a little return spring break (found a piece of it on the floor under the pedals) ... could that be an issue here?
Now that I know I can reach down there and pull it back up or use my foot to do it, I don't feel so bad. But one day it may not come back up.

I just wish it was something simple I could do myself which is why I asked if anyone else has experienced this. Judging by the overwhelming response I guess not. I'm really not looking forward to being without my car for another 5 days.