Sports Pkg
Heated seats
Logic 7 sound system
Sunroof
Upgraded Sports grille
Xenon (HIDs)
6 cd changer in the front
Hookup for Sirius Radio
Keyless GO (push start, opens the doors for you when your close)

"Mods"
Green Filters

White on tan interior with dark wood on the dash
Car has 38,300 miles. Factory warranty till May 2008!.

Has Brabus monoblock VI wheels 19" with 90% treadlife- The car also comes with Sport 17"s on Michelins.

Car has a few tiny rock chip on the front bumper (like any car thats EVER been driven) but other than that is near perfect. Interior is MINT! And the one pic of the interior.. it looks dark (like dirt) its shadows, and I have the mats in the car (no worries). I am the 2nd owner. First owner was off a private lease.. 1st owner lived in Long Island, and I am in New Jersey (north/central).

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/z0sick6/Copyof0605071709.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/z0sick6/Enite.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/z0sick6/insideofE.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/z0sick6/engineonE.jpg

Also, this is an 04 (05+ stopped this) but it has the free maintenance program. Just had Service D completed at Ray Catena Mercedes.

Price: $31,500 for those interested in an outright sale.
Depending on the price, I might do a trade + some cash to me.

rand49er
10-14-07, 08:45 PM
:nono:

MikeyVSeries
10-14-07, 08:50 PM
:nono:

haha, don't hate I am looking to come back. I had a 05 CTS, and have had 2 c5s within the past 3 years.

Maybe someone wants/needs an automatic. The 500 is pretty quick, and is pretty much the same size as the cts-v

SkullV
10-14-07, 08:50 PM
:yeah:

CIWS
10-14-07, 08:54 PM
Good luck trying this here. A 300HP MB vs a 400HP Cadi performace sedan ?

Auto Trader and sell it outright.

heavymetals
10-14-07, 09:18 PM
I don't see how going from a V for this would be considered a " step up".

MikeyVSeries
10-14-07, 09:25 PM
I don't see how going from a V for this would be considered a " step up".

When did I call it a step up? I simply said if someone wants/needs an automatic, it could interest them.

The E500 is a nice car.. no it won't run a low 13 1/4, and isn't as fast, but that's what the E55 is for I guess you can say. I will tell you this, the E class interior is 2nd to none.

theloanman219
10-14-07, 11:10 PM
Its a very nice car! I don't think that anyone is trying to put you down for trying to talk with about it. You might be better putting it in the classifieds. Someone there might be interested in it outright sale for their wife of DD of their car is ready to be modded. But as for most of the TRUE V guys here. If they wanted a automatic they would by a STS V.

Good Luck
Gene

nikon
10-15-07, 12:12 AM
I'm gonna put it to ya this way, my mom went looking at cars today.....she shrugged her nose at an E63 :lol: so if thats no good for a woman, I can't believe what the E500 would do for her :histeric:

Koooop
10-15-07, 12:27 AM
So let me get this straight, you want to trade your Gramma's Merc for a V?

That's a Newport Beach Chevy, they have blue hairs behind the wheel.

heavymetals
10-15-07, 12:44 AM
I had an E320 wgn.

Nice car, over-rated though.

The MB forum for the E320's are a bunch of putz's.

I didn't say you implied the trade as being a "step up".

My comment was directed at anyone considering if it was.

z06bigbird
10-15-07, 12:51 AM
I will ask my grandmother if she is interested.

The Tony Show
10-15-07, 12:55 AM
If my nerves ever go bad and I can't handle driving a fast car I might make that trade.

sy1172
10-15-07, 08:21 AM
You guys are too funny. Really, an E500 is no car to laugh at. It's a serious car built a hell of a lot better than our cars...let's be real. My dad drive's a CLK500 and it moves, steering is second to none and the interior is really nice. Why all of you think a CTS-V is better is beyond me. Get over the "it so fast issue" and it's got nothing on the E500. Don't get me wrong, I love my V but it's no where close to a Mercedes.

sy1172
10-15-07, 08:22 AM
Had it been any color other than white, I would have swapped you for my 2005 with 20K miles with Corsa. Still tempting really!

ctsvflorida
10-15-07, 08:55 AM
I'm interested, PM sent.

nikon
10-15-07, 10:31 AM
You guys are too funny. Really, an E500 is no car to laugh at. It's a serious car built a hell of a lot better than our cars...let's be real. My dad drive's a CLK500 and it moves, steering is second to none and the interior is really nice. Why all of you think a CTS-V is better is beyond me. Get over the "it so fast issue" and it's got nothing on the E500. Don't get me wrong, I love my V but it's no where close to a Mercedes.

I think your caught up in the "It's a Benz" thing....seriously all the benz my family owned were in the dealers garage more than ours.....complete junk, old and new.

The Tony Show
10-15-07, 10:51 AM
Almost every Mercedes I've ever driven is a piece of crap, with the exception of the SL55 and CLS55 AMG.

As Nikon said, the "it's a Benz" thing clouds a lot of people's judgement when it comes to these cars, but the reality is that they're the heaviest in their class, cost a fortune to repair, have spotty reliability and are an ergonomic nightmare. Just looking at the sea of buttons on the center stack of a Mercedes makes me irritated- do you really need 400 buttons to control the AC and radio??? I submit that you do not.

theloanman219
10-15-07, 11:15 AM
I saw a Benzo that I would trade the V for the other day. It was a SL65AMG! That is one bad ass car.

sy1172
10-15-07, 12:19 PM
Like any topic, there is going to be people against it and those for it. To me, a Mercedes is a wonderful car, been in my family for years and hundreds of thousands of reliable, safe and fun driving. To me, those against it simply haven't driven one or simply can't afford one. I would sooner drive the E500 across the country than my V any day. They are wonderfully well made cars that are a pleasure to drive.

sy1172
10-15-07, 12:20 PM
Almost every Mercedes I've ever driven is a piece of crap, with the exception of the SL55 and CLS55 AMG.

As Nikon said, the "it's a Benz" thing clouds a lot of people's judgement when it comes to these cars, but the reality is that they're the heaviest in their class, cost a fortune to repair, have spotty reliability and are an ergonomic nightmare. Just looking at the sea of buttons on the center stack of a Mercedes makes me irritated- do you really need 400 buttons to control the AC and radio??? I submit that you do not.

At least their buttons can keep paint on them :woohoo:

The Tony Show
10-15-07, 02:12 PM
At least their buttons can keep paint on them :woohoo:

Since Cadillac will replace the radio for free, I'll take that any day over $250 service visits and obtuse controls.

onebadcad
10-15-07, 02:31 PM
I am not a Benz Basher, but you have to put it into perspective:

E500>CTS
CTS-V>E500
E55AMG>(stock) CTS-V
In 2009, CTS-V>anything on the road!!!

No real '=' when looking at the two, so cash may have to come into play.

Silver Dollar
10-15-07, 02:38 PM
Why would anyone be interested in trading a V for a German taxi cab?

heavymetals
10-15-07, 02:40 PM
I am not a "Benz" basher, just stating my experience with the brand and the putz's on the MB forum.

FWIW I had a 300td wgn for 14 years and I was the second owner!

Could not kill that car!:banghead:

Replaced it with a 320e wgn that I kept for less then a year (got my V).

The Tony Show
10-15-07, 02:57 PM
Proud Benz-Basher here. Everything they build except their very top tier of cars is overrated crap, IMHO.

Audi, BMW and recently Cadillac have a solid lineup all the way from their entry level up.

Silver Dollar
10-15-07, 03:54 PM
Right on TTS.

If you owned an E500 in Europe, you'd get so sick of people flagging you down for a ride that you'd either sell it or install a meter so you could collect the fares.

And if you kept it, you'd need the extra cab money to defray the outlandish repair bills.

Koooop
10-15-07, 03:55 PM
I should post a pic of the line out the driveway and far into the street at the local Benz dealer for service on a Monday, it's just insane.

E500 = old fart mobile.

I'm no where near old enough to roll in that car. I'm not claiming the Caddy is a better car than the Merc, I just think it's funny that the folks that drive those E class (or better) MBZ's are so Friggin old. Wasn't that Cadillac's role up just a few years back?

It's true, paint that thing tan and it's a Taxi (a very nice Taxi) but still a Taxi.

sy1172
10-15-07, 07:20 PM
Wow, incredible how proud you all are of your cars. Listen, don't get me wrong as I too have a V but come on, an E500 is not an old man's car and it's certainly not crap. My V's in the shop now too for numerous (list 8) things wrong with it. Had GM paid closer attention, virtually all would not have happened. Personally, I'd take the 500 over the V now having had mine for a year. GM still can't build a quality car that feels as solid at mile 1 as it does at mile 100,000. My V cetainly doesn't. It's the little things that matter and for me it's likely back to the Germans after this one. Great power and all that but.......

onebadcad
10-15-07, 07:34 PM
Wow, incredible how proud you all are of your cars. Listen, don't get me wrong as I too have a V but come on, an E500 is not an old man's car and it's certainly not crap. My V's in the shop now too for numerous (list 8) things wrong with it. Had GM paid closer attention, virtually all would not have happened. Personally, I'd take the 500 over the V now having had mine for a year. GM still can't build a quality car that feels as solid at mile 1 as it does at mile 100,000. My V cetainly doesn't. It's the little things that matter and for me it's likely back to the Germans after this one. Great power and all that but.......

Dude, a few points:
1) Most enthusiasts are proud of their cars, even more so on a dedicated Forum, but you knew that
2) Difficult to drool about an E500 when it is no match for a V in straight line or twistes
3) E500 is an old man's car when compared to the E55, which most here acknowledge the E55 as a 'Torque Monster'
4) Most V owners don't complain about the problems, performance cars will always have annoyances
5) Bashing GM is weak, I am not going to debate the merits of GM with anyone who already has set opinions and make all-encompassing statements, GM works for me-'nuff said
6) Not sure what the 'little things' are, but with the V most agree you get the full package

Sounds like you already made your choice,,,

heavymetals
10-15-07, 07:38 PM

Why don't you trade him then?:stirpot:

Koooop
10-15-07, 07:54 PM

I guess I was unclear.

E500 = Old womans car

E55 = Old mans car (AKA, rich old F@#ker with a young wife that has bolt-ons and drives a Supercharged Range Rover)

Sorry, I hope this clears things up for you. :D

Silver Dollar
10-15-07, 08:12 PM
... an E500 is not an old man's car and it's certainly not crap.......

It's the automotive equivalent of a wheel chair. Get over it.

(not even a good quality wheel chair at that. More like a Sam's Club brand)

CTSV_Rob
10-15-07, 08:45 PM
I guess I was unclear.

E500 = Old womans car

E55 = Old mans car (AKA, rich old F@#ker with a young wife that has bolt-ons and drives a Supercharged Range Rover)

Sorry, I hope this clears things up for you. :D
:bigD:

JimmyMack
10-15-07, 08:48 PM
I just got my V, but it's funny... the E500 was the car I was considering before I purchased the V. It was just outside my price range... now as soon as I get the Cadillac, this deal comes up. From my brief experience, the E500 is clearly the better ride. I don't just look at things from a horsepower POV. You can bolt horsepower on any competent V8, but you cannot get the refinement and luxury as easy. Not just my opinion, either. Pic up any car mag and they rate the E series as world class. I'm pulling for Cadillac, but they just aren't there yet. Yes, it's an older person's type of car. But only because as we get older, we tend to demand more from a car than just straight line performance. Comfort, attention to detail, refinement and cache are just as important as 1/4 mile times (maybe more). MB's has these things in spades. If I didn't only just get my V, I would seriously consider this trade and if were black, I would still be thinking about it. I'm 40 years old BTW, not an old foggie.

-Jimmy

rand49er
10-15-07, 09:11 PM
.... Pic up any car mag and they rate the E series as world class. ...And, of course, none of THEM is biased. :rolleyes:

JimmyMack
10-15-07, 09:34 PM
And, of course, none of THEM is biased. :rolleyes:

You'll have to substantiate any bias. I personally don't see how a group of American "car" guys based in the heart of the Motor City would be biased against American vehicles. I believe they call them as they drive them. I'm certainly not biased. It is in fact the reason why I settled on a V. I wanted a legitimate sports sedan made in America priced under $40K. That left me with very, very few choices. America just doesn't value luxury sport sedans like the Europeans. Either that or the car companies don't believe Americans do. The kicker is: I work for Ford! Ford doesn't even make a sports sedan, so they weren't even in the running to receive my money.

-Jimmy

PS> OOps! my bad. The Lincoln LS. I did consider it. Briefly.

Silver Dollar
10-15-07, 09:40 PM
Cache? It's a friggin taxi. When you see thousands of yellow Cadillacs hustleing the streets for tips then we'll talk camparisons. Until then..........
http://www.athensguide.com/photoalbum/athens/taxi.JPG

JimmyMack
10-15-07, 09:52 PM
I've never seen a taxi like that in the United States. I was talking about here in the US. In China, Buick is at the top of the heap, but that is as irrelevant as your statement. In the USA, Mercedes Benz = cache.

The Tony Show
10-15-07, 09:55 PM
I just got my V, but it's funny... the E500 was the car I was considering before I purchased the V. It was just outside my price range... now as soon as I get the Cadillac, this deal comes up. From my brief experience, the E500 is clearly the better ride. I don't just look at things from a horsepower POV. You can bolt horsepower on any competent V8, but you cannot get the refinement and luxury as easy. Not just my opinion, either. Pic up any car mag and they rate the E series as world class. I'm pulling for Cadillac, but they just aren't there yet. Yes, it's an older person's type of car. But only because as we get older, we tend to demand more from a car than just straight line performance. Comfort, attention to detail, refinement and cache are just as important as 1/4 mile times (maybe more). MB's has these things in spades. If I didn't only just get my V, I would seriously consider this trade and if were black, I would still be thinking about it. I'm 40 years old BTW, not an old foggie.

-Jimmy

Pick up any car mag in print right now and you'll find writes jizzing themselves over the 2008 CTS, not the new E500. If you want a "luxury sports car under $40k", there's your best bet.

The CTS-V is not a luxury sports sedan- it's a 4 door muscle car, complete with squeaks, rattles and only slightly above average reliability.

CIWS
10-15-07, 09:57 PM
GM still can't build a quality car that feels as solid at mile 1 as it does at mile 100,000. My V cetainly doesn't. It's the little things that matter and for me it's likely back to the Germans after this one. Great power and all that but.......

It would seem the data doesn't agree with your opinion.

Buick ties with Lexus to rank highest among nameplates in vehicle dependability—marking the first time in 12 years that another brand ties with Lexus for the highest-rank position, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2007 Vehicle Dependability StudySM (VDS) released today.

The study, which measures problems experienced by original owners of 3-year-old (2004 model year) vehicles, finds that Buick and Lexus tie for the top rank position with a score of 145 problems per 100 vehicles (PP100). Following in the top five rankings are Cadillac , Mercury and Honda, respectively. “

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...spx?ID=2007130

Mercedes isn't even in the top 10 :nono:

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/charts/2007130a.gif

JimmyMack
10-15-07, 10:13 PM
Pick up any car mag in print right now and you'll find writes jizzing themselves over the 2008 CTS, not the new E500. If you want a "luxury sports car under $40k", there's your best bet.

I agree. I was literally drooling over it at this year's NAIAS. I'll wait until after the first year shakedown before I rewrite any history books. I wish Ford would come up with something like this.

The CTS-V is not a luxury sports sedan- it's a 4 door muscle car, complete with squeaks, rattles and only slightly above average reliability.

I'm learning that now. I had not the chance to get in one before I bought the one I have now. It's for a different crowd than the MB. Which do you prefer: beer and chips or cheese and wine?

Which is basically what I'm saying with the comparison to the E500. A trade from a CTS-V is not a step down. It depends on what you want. More like a step "over".

-Jimmy

Silver Dollar
10-15-07, 10:25 PM
I've never seen a taxi like that in the United States. ....

And so you make my point. People here in the states who over-pay for what is in reality a gussied up taxi everywhere else in the world, often use words like "cache" to make themselves feel better. Most of the time they don’t even know what it means.

Cache: French, from cacher. A method of coping with being raped by a German by convincing oneself that the experience was meaningful. Extensive use of the word and it’s forms during the 1st and 2nd world wars. Later forms used to justify squandering a large amount of money to a german for no apparent benefit.
1 Monique described her encounter with the 5th panzer battalion as very cache.
2: Man, I blew a truck load of cache on that over-priced euro-taxi but now I have cache.

JimmyMack
10-16-07, 12:56 AM
And so you make my point. People here in the states who over-pay for what is in reality a gussied up taxi everywhere else in the world, often use words like "cache" to make themselves feel better. Most of the time they don’t even know what it means.

Your reply seems to indicate an ignorance of international trade. Regardless of the origin of the word cache, it continues to mean (in English) something valuable. This is purely subjective. What's valuable in the USA, could be trash somewhere else. Buicks are "cache" in China, but are commonplace here in the states. 57 chevys are "cache" in Cuba. The Lexus brand is nowhere near what it is considered here in Japan. When it comes to what's cache and what isn't has more to do with marketing and exclusivity probably, than anything else but however you add it up, it makes the car more valuable. In addition to that it really is a quality car.

BTW, my English definition of cache was: "a storage place for valuables."

-Jimmy

Silver Dollar
10-16-07, 10:26 AM
Your reply seems to indicate an ignorance of international trade. ......BTW, my English definition of cache was: "a storage place for valuables."

-Jimmy

I tell you what Jimmy, I bought a CTS-V and "cached" the $40 grand I saved over the equivalent MB in my wallet.

If you think that constitutes ignorance, you've stumbled into the wrong forum.

keeksv
10-16-07, 10:31 AM
Cache: French, from cacher. A method of coping with being raped by a German by convincing oneself that the experience was meaningful. Extensive use of the word and itís forms during the 1st and 2nd world wars. Later forms used to justify squandering a large amount of money to a german for no apparent benefit.
1 Monique described her encounter with the 5th panzer battalion as very cache.
2: Man, I blew a truck load of cache on that over-priced euro-taxi but now I have cache.

It is my honor to quote such a legendary post.

As for the MB question--this particular one may be worth looking at since it looks like they'll pay for your brake jobs. Still I see more old people driving the E-class around here than I see driving Cadillacs. It may be a regional thing though--most young people drive pickups and tractors here.

JimmyMack
10-16-07, 11:26 AM
I tell you what Jimmy, I bought a CTS-V and "cached" the $40 grand I saved over the equivalent MB in my wallet.

If you think that constitutes ignorance, you've stumbled into the wrong forum.

No, I wouldn't call that ignorant, just getting a great deal. I won't argue that the CTS-V isn't the best bang for the buck, if that's what you're after. The fact is the typical affluent MB buyer is not out to get the best bang for the buck which is why there is very little cross shopping between the brands. MB means getting the special treatment by the valet at the country club. It means being taken seriously when trying to land a multibuck business deal. It means keeping up with the rich neighbors, and it means being treated like a king at the service garage. These factors have nothing to do with value and those who mention $$$ just don't get it. That's cache.

But if you want to buy American and are on a limited budget, you can hardly do better than a CTS-V. But in keeping with this thread, and since you say you can buy a V and pocket the excess money, a straight up trade for a E-500 doesn't look bad at all for a person with the right tastes.

-Jimmy

JimmyMack
10-16-07, 11:42 AM
It is my honor to quote such a legendary post.

As for the MB question--this particular one may be worth looking at since it looks like they'll pay for your brake jobs. Still I see more old people driving the E-class around here than I see driving Cadillacs. It may be a regional thing though--most young people drive pickups and tractors here.

Most young people can't afford a MB. A MB is for refined tastes. When I was young, I didn't care for (or appreciate) conservative styling, rich wood interior, wonderfully balanced brakes, and white glove treatment. I was more concerned about how fast, how much style, will it turn heads? Now, I don't feel the need to shout, but a nice purr will do. Of course, everyone's preferences are different, but generally we tend to mellow as we get older.

Silver Dollar
10-16-07, 11:46 AM
..... But in keeping with this thread, and since you say you can buy a V and pocket the excess money, a straight up trade for a E-500 doesn't look bad at all for a person with the right tastes.

-Jimmy

Yes, let us stay with the original intent of this thread. The E500 is not equivalent to a CTS-V. The E500 is a taxi.

And we come full circle.

CIWS
10-16-07, 11:55 AM
Most young people can't afford a MB. A MB is for refined tastes.

HAha refined tastes. That's what the monkeys who buy 200.00+ dollar bottles of wine tell you when they drink it.

There's a butt load of MBs being driven around here, mostly C230s because people feel the need to be seen in one and it's the only one they can afford to be seen in, just like with the BMWs and Audis. A butt load of 325i's and A4s. It's all for show, they get into the cheapest model they can afford just to say/ be seen they drive one.

Silver Dollar
10-16-07, 12:06 PM
HAha refined tastes. That's what the monkeys who buy 200.00+ dollar bottles of wine tell you when they drink it.

There's a butt load of MBs being driven around here, mostly C230s because people feel the need to be seen in one and it's the only one they can afford to be seen in, just like with the BMWs and Audis. A butt load of 325i's and A4s. It's all for show, they get into the cheapest model they can afford just to say/ be seen they drive one.

You're spot on C.

Even the entry level models are over-priced and as the JD Powers ratings prove, they're not even top quality.

Selling $hit and telling poeople it's rose water has been going on for thousands of years. There's nothing unique about this example.

JimmyMack
10-16-07, 12:06 PM
:bigroll: So much for a rational discussion. If the E500 is a taxi, then I'll be hailing one everytime I need a ride.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-MERCEDES-E500-SEDAN-ONE-OWNER-50-018-MILES-NICE_W0QQitemZ160168753817QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6335Q QtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#eba yphotohosting

Mercedes E500 - The best darn taxicab in the world! :rolleyes:

The Tony Show
10-16-07, 12:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-MERCEDES-E500-SEDAN-ONE-OWNER-50-018-MILES-NICE_W0QQitemZ160168753817QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6335Q QtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#eba yphotohosting

Hey lookie- something we finally agree on! :thumbsup:

Silver Dollar
10-16-07, 12:17 PM
While I might argue the merits of the Ford Crown Vic over the E500 (see JD Powers) as a better mass-transit vehicle, for the sake of forum harmony I'll agree with JimmyMack and proclaim the company that brought you Hitler's staff car as the best damn manufacturer of taxis in automotive history!

:highfive:

Alex_V
10-16-07, 12:20 PM
Let me throw some fuel into the fire with this fine example of another high status German auto:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthrea...mw+kill+stories

CIWS
10-16-07, 12:30 PM
:bigroll: So much for a rational discussion. If the E500 is a taxi, then I'll be hailing one everytime I need a ride.

WTF, it's not rational because it doesn't agree with your point of view about an overpriced automobile (in the U.S.) that a great deal of people buy because they think it makes them look "refined" ? Certainly not because of any real build quality in comparison to other models. If you want good luxury with top quality in the current market and a 300HP engine, you would purchase a Lexus not a fracking Mercedes. But then top tier quality isn't always the reason people purchase a particular vehicle, especially in the performance realm.

You want to ride in MB taxis, go running around almost any country in Europe and that's what you find. As common there as the cold.

JimmyMack
10-16-07, 12:30 PM

To be sure, there are some items that don't seem to be worth the extra money to us cash-strapped non-enthusiasts, but on the other hand a deep pocketed connoisseur would find the value in it. Just like spending multithousand bucks in mods for small differences in performance for me seems pointless, but brings joy to you gearheads as you squeaze every ounce of power out of your smallblocks :)

[/QUOTE]
There's a butt load of MBs being driven around here, mostly C230s because people feel the need to be seen in one and it's the only one they can afford to be seen in, just like with the BMWs and Audis. A butt load of 325i's and A4s. It's all for show, they get into the cheapest model they can afford just to say/ be seen they drive one.[/QUOTE]

This is true. I didn't think we were discussing wannabees like these. At least I wasn't. I was talking about the high end purchasers of the e500 in question and most certainly those who purchase the E55's and E65's. These people are not pretenders. They want a certain return for their money and it is not the same as what most Cadillac buyers want. To be honest, Cadillac is reaching for that type of buyer and is making great strides, but I digress. The CTS-V is not a vehicle of refinement. As someone said earlier, it is a thinly disguised musclecar with a the spit and fire and rough edges that come with that type of vehicle. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but just so we get my point about refinement.

-Jimmy

JimmyMack
10-16-07, 12:48 PM
WTF, it's not rational because it doesn't agree with your point of view about an overpriced automobile (in the U.S.) that a great deal of people buy because they think it makes them look "refined" ?.

No. Not rational because there are no e500 taxis in the US market. It really doesn't matter what's going on in the european market. Their selling Ford Focus' for $30K+ over there and it is a marquee vehicle. Does that make our sub-$20K Focus an absolute steal over here? Of course not! They are two different markets, two different needs, values and trim options. They are irrevelent to each other. As irrelevant as an E500 taxi is to the US market.

Certainly not because of any real build quality in comparison to other models. If you want good luxury with top quality in the current market and a 300HP engine, you would purchase a Lexus not a fracking Mercedes. But then top tier quality isn't always the reason people purchase a particular vehicle, especially in the performance realm.

Lexus makes darn fine vehicles. I don't see why it has to be one or the other. The Lexus buyer is a certain type of buyer and MB is another type of buyer. Both offers refined vehicles and cater to a clientel of affluent tastes. So does Audi, BMW, and Jaguar. The market has selected these vehicles to be worth the extra money they command. Look at the bottom line of these companies (except Jaguar). Now look at the bottom line of GM. Companies cannot sustain long term profits by playing a game of smoke and mirrors. There must be SOME value in it for their customers or they wouldn't keep on buying.

You want to ride in MB taxis, go running around almost any country in Europe and that's what you find. As common there as the cold.

That would only concern me if I were living in Europe, which I am not. (but I would like to)

-Jimmy

CIWS
10-16-07, 01:07 PM
No. Not rational because there are no e500 taxis in the US market. It really doesn't matter what's going on in the european market. Their selling Ford Focus' for $30K+ over there and it is a marquee vehicle. Does that make our sub-$20K Focus an absolute steal over here? Of course not! They are two different markets, two different needs, values and trim options. They are irrevelent to each other. As irrelevant as an E500 taxi is to the US market.

There are no (or very few) E500 taxis in the US because taxi drivers aren't stupid enough to buy a vehicle they're going to put a crapload of stop and go miles on that the manufacturer charges a premium price for (some certainly due to import taxes and emmision standards) and who charges a small fortune to repair and keep up. They have to think smart, not refined.

Companies cannot sustain long term profits by playing a game of smoke and mirrors. There must be SOME value in it for their customers or they wouldn't keep on buying.

Some folks feel better in life by pulling up to the country club (or driving around) in a Mercedes than in a Buick. Not necessarily caring about the premium they paid in sale price or maintenance costs. Nissian is going to have the same problem with the Skyline when it gets here next year, despite the fact it may outperform a 911 Turbo and have a better build quality, they're not going to draw the Porsche customer they think they are who feels more "refined" driving their german built machine to play golf with the boys. Some people have more money, or debt, than they care about.

MikeyVSeries
10-16-07, 01:12 PM
After reading all of these posts. I can laugh. Old man car, taxi cab, lol. I find it comical.

Funny thing here: I am in my 20s.. I don't think that makes me old. Now call me whatever name you want for getting this car.. but let me also say this. I have owned 2 Corvette C5s before this. 1 that was mostly stock, and an ATI procharged one that ran 10s. Ive also owned a wrx STI, a toyota supra, audi s4, lincoln aviatior. I have owned almost every type of vehicle you can imagine. (2 door, awd, fwd, luxury, all out speed) etc. MSRP of the cars I have owned from $25k - $135k (Had an 01 Cl600 V12).

I agree with the person calling it a step over. Hence why I asked for a trade, maybe somebody is tired of having a clutch, or would prefer a smoother ride, or just a change of scenery. Price wise in the used market they are almost the same price.

I really feel bad for people that need to bash the E500 as much as they are doing.. I ask to come for a ride in it at night time, see how nice the interior is, ride quality, refinement, and power. Almost 400lbs of torque. Granted it isnt a cts-v in PERFORMANCE, in every other aspect I would say it's equal or superior. I like the car, however, I feel the cts-v is a 4 door corvette which I like it has heated seats, and back seats. Hence my interest level.

If you like your cts-v then thats great, dont even look in here.. the title states WTT = Want to trade. Bashing the car doesn't make your car better, or your car worth more $.

CIWS
10-16-07, 01:21 PM
You don't seem to get part of the trick either. By us having this little chat we're consistantly bumping your thread up. :eek:

However if you don't want any personal opinions to go along with it, then take your post to e-bay, craigslist or autotrader. :thumbsup:

JimmyMack
10-16-07, 01:26 PM
There are no (or very few) E500 taxis in the US because taxi drivers aren't stupid enough to buy a vehicle they're going to put a crapload of stop and go miles on that the manufacturer charges a premium price for (some certainly due to import taxes and emmision standards) and who charges a small fortune to repair and keep up. They have to think smart, not refined..

And the european taxi companies are stupid?
The reality is the European taxi model only resembles the one in the US superficially. For all intents and purposes it is a different car. It doesn't have leather heated and cooled seats dual climate controls and all the other niceties. It is a stripped down fleet vehicle, just like the Crown Vic. I highly doubt is even has a V8 in it (thus it isn't even a E500). Which is why it is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Some folks feel better in life by pulling up to the country club (or driving around) in a Mercedes than in a Buick. Not necessarily caring about the premium they paid in sale price or maintenance costs. Nissian is going to have the same problem with the Skyline when it gets here next year, despite the fact it may outperform a 911 Turbo and have a better build quality, they're not going to draw the Porsche customer they think they are who feels more "refined" driving their german built machine to play golf with the boys. Some people have more money, or debt, than they care about.

Absolutely true! The cache of owning such a vehicle is of great value to many of the affluent customers of european autos. This is what I have been saying all along! No amount of value Cadillac offers can lure these buyers.

CIWS
10-16-07, 01:28 PM
And the european taxi companies are stupid?:rolleyes:

MBs , parts and maintenance are a hell of a lot cheaper in Europe than here. That's why :rolleyes:

Absolutely true! The cache of owning such a vehicle is of great value to many of the affluent customers of european autos. This is what I have been saying all along! No amount of value Cadillac offers can lure these buyers.

The Cadillacs are there, just not the Buicks.

theloanman219
10-16-07, 01:32 PM
This is just my opinion. I think the reason why you see a lot of MCB as taxi's in europe is because, they want to promote their production (how many non american cars do you see over here as taxi's) and also they are mostly diesel engines that last for ever. It has nothing to do with comfort or the sport. Also you can buy them much cheaper there than you can here. I believe that our american cars cost more than they do (not sure, but I have heard this by someone). Regardless this guy is trying to get his hands on a american muscle V! If here going the other way I could see bashing him. I think he came to the wrong place to do it. Infact he probably should try and sell it outright and then buy a V.

Lets face it. The V cost big $$ to fix of it breaks. And his car cost big $$ just for normal up keep. i.e. oil changes, tune ups and so on. If it breaks then he has major problems. He might as well mortgage the farm, sell the horses and pimp his wife to pay for it.

Anyways

Good Luck
And check our classifieds for a well maintained V.

SkullV
10-16-07, 01:36 PM
Funny thing here: I am in my 20s.. I don't think that makes me old. Now call me whatever name you want for getting this car.. but let me also say this. I have owned 2 Corvette C5s before this. 1 that was mostly stock, and an ATI procharged one that ran 10s. Ive also owned a wrx STI, a toyota supra, audi s4, lincoln aviatior. I have owned almost every type of vehicle you can imagine. (2 door, awd, fwd, luxury, all out speed) etc. MSRP of the cars I have owned from $25k - $135k (Had an 01 Cl600 V12).

Are you sure your name isn't Greg and you are not a valet?

Silver Dollar
10-16-07, 01:37 PM
After reading all of these posts. I can laugh. Old man car, taxi cab, lol......

You forgot "automotive equivalent of a wheelchair"

JimmyMack
10-16-07, 01:41 PM
The Cadillacs are there, just not the Buicks.

Cadillacs are defacto for those who must buy American. Lincoln is an also-ran and Chrysler is a nonfactor. But if Cadillac were really "there", they wouldn't be talking about merging the STS and DTS due to lack of sales. I think it is the market that decides whether Cadillac is there or not. Numbers don't lie. I hope one day to see the domestics hang with the European boys, but if I'm honest I can see we are lacking. I'm not talking about quality. I'm talking about the whole package.

MikeyVSeries
10-16-07, 01:43 PM
You forgot "automotive equivalent of a wheelchair"

haha forgot that one.

Are you sure your name isn't Greg and you are not a valet?

positive bud. :bouncy:

Koooop
10-16-07, 06:31 PM
All classes of MBZ are run as Taxi's. I don't pay attention anymore, but MBZ in the past has made a great big S class with a wheezy little 6cyl in it, stripped down with cloth seats and hub caps for sale to the public. MBZ of North America doesn't bring in the strippers, it's not good for their image for Americans to realize they've been made a dupe of. Anyone out there have the pleasure of driving a BMW 718i? Yeah, they're guilty of marketing as well. Imagine what a road toad the massive 7 series was with a 1.8 litre 4 banger.

E series is just a step up from entry level, plain and simple. It's just been incredibly well marketed.

keeksv
10-16-07, 08:03 PM
Most young people can't afford a MB. A MB is for refined tastes. When I was young, I didn't care for (or appreciate) conservative styling, rich wood interior, wonderfully balanced brakes, and white glove treatment. I was more concerned about how fast, how much style, will it turn heads? Now, I don't feel the need to shout, but a nice purr will do. Of course, everyone's preferences are different, but generally we tend to mellow as we get older.

You've really bought into this luxo European car mystique, haven't you? Why in God's name did you buy a CTS-V then? Look, if you love Mercedes so much, just trade this poor guy for his E500 and be done with it?

I don't need any more lecturing about refined taste and wood trim and all that garbage. And I'm probably older than you, and no, I'm not part of the "we" you refer to as "mellowing " as they get older. A friend of mine used to say, "if you want to purr, go hang with the pu##sies."

My apologies to the original poster. I think you would have no trouble selling your car outright. It is in very nice shape from the looks of it, and there are plenty of people out there who would like to own it. If I were one of these people, I would have bought a Mercedes instead of a Caddy.

Silver Dollar
10-16-07, 10:29 PM
All classes of MBZ are run as Taxi's. I don't pay attention anymore, but MBZ in the past has made a great big S class with a wheezy little 6cyl in it, stripped down with cloth seats and hub caps for sale to the public. MBZ of North America doesn't bring in the strippers, it's not good for their image for Americans to realize they've been made a dupe of. Anyone out there have the pleasure of driving a BMW 718i? Yeah, they're guilty of marketing as well. Imagine what a road toad the massive 7 series was with a 1.8 litre 4 banger.

E series is just a step up from entry level, plain and simple. It's just been incredibly well marketed.

Koop knocks it outta the park!

JimmyMack
10-17-07, 12:07 AM
You've really bought into this luxo European car mystique, haven't you?

Yes, I have. :)

Why in God's name did you buy a CTS-V then? Look, if you love Mercedes so much, just trade this poor guy for his E500 and be done with it?

Because I like fine cars. Period. I like muscle cars, I like roadsters, I like ultra luxo European fabucars, and I even like some of the rickety English models. I bought the V because it is a fine specimen in it's class and it's American made, which is important in my profession. Cars are like women. I like them all, 8 - 80, blind, bowlegged, or crazy.

-Jimmy

MikeyVSeries
10-20-07, 10:47 PM
Car has been sold.

Still might pick up a V.. for the right price.

Selling other toy: 2002 Quicksilver Z06. ONLY 12k miles!!! Garage queen to the max. Not 1 dent.scrape.scratch.

Interior/Exterior are perfect 11s out of 10. car looks like it has 5 miles. 2 owner car. Never seen snow/ rain = 5-6 times!

$29,400 is the price.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/z0sick6/Picture195-1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/z0sick6/Picture199-1.jpg

SkullV
10-21-07, 12:23 AM
Use the classifieds

CIWS
10-21-07, 10:26 AM
Nice looking vette :thumbsup:

MikeyVSeries
10-21-07, 11:47 PM
where is the classifieds?

Koooop
10-22-07, 12:01 AM
Car has been sold.

Still might pick up a V.. for the right price.

Selling other toy: 2002 Quicksilver Z06. ONLY 12k miles!!! Garage queen to the max. Not 1 dent.scrape.scratch.

Interior/Exterior are perfect 11s out of 10. car looks like it has 5 miles. 2 owner car. Never seen snow/ rain = 5-6 times!

$29,400 is the price.

Damn! The E500 is sold! Just when I decided I wanted a European Chevy Malibu! My heart is broken.

Cool Vette.

rand49er
10-22-07, 12:08 AM
... Cars are like women. I like them ... crazy ...Jimmy, maybe I can fix you up with my ex-wife. She's married, but that didn't stop her before. :helpless:

sy1172
10-22-07, 10:26 PM
good for you in selling the Mb

CIWS
10-23-07, 09:23 AM
where is the classifieds?

If you haven't found them yet, they're here.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/