: Thinking of selling my V for STS-V

sy1172
10-14-07, 08:35 AM
anyone else considering this? I hate the shifting in trafiic and don't like the european offerings. Love the STS-V and deals seem to be had.

coati
10-14-07, 09:13 AM
Ask Florian.
He did it.

rand49er
10-14-07, 09:19 AM
And Kadonny. :helpless:

CIWS
10-14-07, 09:39 AM
It's understandable, other owners have done it. Check with Tony, he had a great deal on one a couple of weeks back. Certified warranty included.

Edit- Here is his ad.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2943&sort=1&cat=31&page=1

SkullV
10-14-07, 01:37 PM
U and Florian can have Wheelchair Races

Luna.
10-14-07, 01:45 PM
anyone else considering this?

Not at all.

A Z06 Corvette? Perhaps. An STS-V? Not in the slightest.

DarkKnight
10-14-07, 03:59 PM
anyone else considering this? I
Yes.

sy1172
10-14-07, 04:49 PM
Not at all.

A Z06 Corvette? Perhaps. An STS-V? Not in the slightest.

Care to back that up with something substantial?

SkullV
10-14-07, 04:52 PM
Care to back that up with something substantial?

Why would you want to go slower?

caddyv8v
10-14-07, 04:59 PM
i have owned both. imho the cts-v is the enthusiast version of cadillac high performance, while the sts-v is the luxury version of cadillac high performance. i still think silver the the quicker version of all models though.

Lord Cadillac
10-14-07, 05:02 PM
If you don't like shifting and you'd rather have something more comfortable (softer ride, more creature comforts) than what could be wrong with switching? Is the STS-V slow?

caddyv8v
10-14-07, 05:12 PM
stright line performance is about the same, imo the cts-v is better in the curves and controlled braking. my sts-v had a computer upgrade, and most likely would have pulled a higher top end speed. although i never tried...and never will.

Mystical_Ice
10-14-07, 05:24 PM
Why would you want to go slower?

because the STS-V is faster than the CTS-V?

i would consider it, but i don't have to deal with more than maybe 5-10 minutes of traffic a day during the week, so for now the CTS-V is just fine for me :)

50 4Ever
10-14-07, 06:22 PM
Wait for the '09 V, I've heard rumors of a paddle shifter if you want an Auto...

caddyv8v
10-14-07, 07:01 PM
Wait for the '09 V, I've heard rumors of a paddle shifter if you want an Auto...

basically confirmed.

SkullV
10-14-07, 08:22 PM
because the STS-V is faster than the CTS-V?

i would consider it, but i don't have to deal with more than maybe 5-10 minutes of traffic a day during the week, so for now the CTS-V is just fine for me :)

Faster then the CTS-V??? You sir are outside your mind!

Florian
10-14-07, 10:17 PM
U and Florian can have Wheelchair Races

My wheelchair can kick your Vs ass....bring it!

F

Florian
10-14-07, 10:18 PM

not so much....the STS-V will surprise you. 10% more weight + 10% more HP than the CTS-V. our HP is linear!...that blower is nice.

F

Florian
10-14-07, 10:20 PM
If you don't like shifting and you'd rather have something more comfortable (softer ride, more creature comforts) than what could be wrong with switching? Is the STS-V slow?

STS-V is not slow.....probably faster stock for stock than the CTS-V in the 0-60 (no shifting reqd) BUT, not as nimble in the twisties....thats why I have a motorcycle.

stright line performance is about the same, imo the cts-v is better in the curves and controlled braking. my sts-v had a computer upgrade, and most likely would have pulled a higher top end speed. although i never tried...and never will.

+1

F

darkman
10-14-07, 10:21 PM
not so much....the STS-V will surprise you. 10% more weight + 10% more HP than the CTS-V. our HP is linear!...that blower is nice.

F

How well does the STS-V launch?

Florian
10-14-07, 10:23 PM
i have owned both. imho the cts-v is the enthusiast version of cadillac high performance, while the sts-v is the luxury version of cadillac high performance. i still think silver the the quicker version of all models though.

Having owned both myself as well, the CTS-V is the punk...the STS-V is the gentleman. They both have strong points. I loved the bark and bite of the CTS-V.....but mine was well massaged. The STS-V will surprise just about everything there is....as there arent that many around. Theres about 3x as many CTS-Vs as there are STS-Vs.....I like my luxobarge...

F

sy1172
10-15-07, 08:06 AM
How well does the STS-V launch?

Must be better than a CTS-V for sure. Funny, you ask a guy who bought a $75K+ car how well is "launches"...that not odd to you? How old are you?

OldRoadDawg
10-15-07, 09:24 AM
Having owned both myself as well, the CTS-V is the punk...the STS-V is the gentleman. They both have strong points. I loved the bark and bite of the CTS-V.....but mine was well massaged. The STS-V will surprise just about everything there is....as there arent that many around. Theres about 3x as many CTS-Vs as there are STS-Vs.....I like my luxobarge...F
Geez Dave... make ya a good deal on my 'superlite' walker. I've added the extra thick handgrips and gone up 2 sizes on the low resistance wheels.
'a 62 yr old punk':D

CIWS
10-15-07, 09:31 AM
Funny, you ask a guy who bought a $75K+ car how well is "launches"...that not odd to you? How old are you?

Uhh not really. It's a 75K luxury performance sedan, price isn't the main key here. Do you think it's silly to ask a guy how his 300K Lambo accelerates, launches, or corners ?

Maybe the question should be how old are you....

Florian
10-15-07, 10:38 AM
Geez Dave... make ya a good deal on my 'superlite' walker. I've added the extra thick handgrips and gone up 2 sizes on the low resistance wheels.
'a 62 yr old punk':D

The car is the 'punk', not the drivers. The CTS-V is just raw and unfinished, in need of a bath. The STS-V is the ivy league graduate...ready to pound you whilst discussing economics. ORD, I will take you up on that superlite walker....my old school one just takes too much effort to wheel around when I need to take a dump.

F

darkman
10-15-07, 11:22 AM
Must be better than a CTS-V for sure. Funny, you ask a guy who bought a $75K+ car how well is "launches"...that not odd to you? How old are you?

My question was context-specific. Florian indicated that the STS-V had 10% more horsepower and 10% more weight. This indicates identical weight to horespower ratios, which (all else equal) suggests identical acceleration. However, "all else" may not be "equal." Hence, my question was intended to get Florian's informed and experienced opinion on how the two cars handle the first few feet of pavement.

Mystical_Ice
10-15-07, 03:41 PM
yeah, but it also has forced induction, i'm sure that would make a bit of a difference

Mystical_Ice
10-15-07, 03:42 PM

of course it is! it's more powerful, and it does a quicker 1/4 mile stock for stock :)

of course most of our cars aren't stock, but still :p

The Tony Show
10-15-07, 04:13 PM
I've driven both cars quite a few times, and the STS-V is no slouch. Most launches are just a "peel & go" affair (unless you hit it too hard, then it's just "peel" :D). Both are rated at 4.6 0-60 times by Cadillac, so a CTS-V driver would need to pull-off a perfect launch to keep up.

I'd love an STS-V, but can't quite stomach giving away the $8-$10k I've spent on mods for free just yet.

Florian
10-15-07, 04:47 PM
My question was context-specific. Florian indicated that the STS-V had 10% more horsepower and 10% more weight. This indicates identical weight to horespower ratios, which (all else equal) suggests identical acceleration. However, "all else" may not be "equal." Hence, my question was intended to get Florian's informed and experienced opinion on how the two cars handle the first few feet of pavement.

The HP difference is more like 18%, but we lose more % of parasitic loss to the slushbox. Launching the STS-V is a simple thing, just point and shoot. It goes like a banshee...the top end is there too, on the highway just punch it and it goes as well. Id prefer to launch the CTS-V cause its more a driver input thing....but I dont "fear the rear" w/the STS-V cause theres enough torque management to keep it in one piece.

F

onebadcad
10-15-07, 07:21 PM
I am buying an STS-V as soon as I hit 120, thats age not MPH.
JF'ingWY, not a bad choice if you are tired of shifting and whining rear-ends.
I have only see two STS-Vs in person, not a bad ride, different lines and stance than the CTS-V, but not a slouch.