: Any trade interest out there for '05 or '06?

Nitro-C5
10-13-07, 10:53 PM
Been a member of this forum for a long time, however instead of pulling the trigger on a V years ago I bought a GTO and a 2006 Trailblazer SS. Well sold the GTO last year and now looking to trade the Blazer towards either a '05 or '06 CTS-V. I know people are having a hard time moving these cars so what to see the intrest in trade + cash (pending on the deal).

Any interest out there?

I don't come to this forum alot however I can assure you I'm not a newbie to the performance car community (have been a very active member) of the Corvette forum since 1999. In past 10 years have owned many GM vehicles including (4) Vettes including a 860hp F1R Supercharged one in the garage, (1) Superchareged GTO, and (1) Trailblazer SS.

Here are a pics of the Blazer:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/RickBelden/Frontside.jpg

The Tony Show
10-13-07, 11:04 PM
I'm not having any trouble moving my car- every time I put my right foot down, it moves like a a sonuvabitch.

Good luck.

Nitro-C5
10-13-07, 11:11 PM
I'm not having any trouble moving my car- every time I put my right foot down, it moves like a a sonuvabitch.

Good luck.

LOL, I hear ya brother:lildevil: Actually looking for this Caddie to be a nice comfy daily driver. I love the Blazer but not as comfortable on my real long 500 mile trips. When I really want to get stupid I bring this one out:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/RickBelden/Corvette/DSC_0621.jpg

Heres a Dyno Vid:
http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/RickBelden/Corvette/?action=view&current=BlownVetteDynomed.flv

SkullV
10-13-07, 11:16 PM
LOL, I hear ya brother:lildevil: Actually looking for this Caddie to be a nice comfy daily driver. I love the Blazer but not as comfortable on my real long 500 mile trips. When I really want to get stupid I bring this one out:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/RickBelden/Corvette/DSC_0621.jpg

Heres a Dyno Vid:
http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/RickBelden/Corvette/?action=view&current=BlownVetteDynomed.flv

Man that car is SICK

Nitro-C5
10-13-07, 11:53 PM
Man that car is SICK

Thanks Bro:yup:

Question: I see in your profile a 2005 "Redline" CTS-V...Excuse the Noob question, but what is the "Redline" version?

EDIT: I see after looking at the picture...it is referring to the color!...Duh

nikon
10-14-07, 12:02 AM
So, assuming someone would wanna do a trade, where are you located and what are the specs on the blazer? mileage, auto/manual, mods? and how much can those tow. And how much do you think the blazers worth so one would know how much cash he'd have to come up with.

z06bigbird
10-14-07, 12:18 AM
Man that car is SICK

Now that you brought it out, what are we supposed to call you???

LOL

Nitro-C5
10-14-07, 12:18 AM
So, assuming someone would wanna do a trade, where are you located and what are the specs on the blazer? mileage, auto/manual, mods? and how much can those tow. And how much do you think the blazers worth so one would know how much cash he'd have to come up with.

Send me an email and I will send you an attachment with all the info and some more pictures. Email: rbelden71@aol.com

I live in Charlotte, NC

I'm pretty flexable with a transaction, really just looking for a fair deal for both parties with someone who is honest. I've owned several vehicles with the LSx motor (modifed and stock) and the Trailblazer which is basically a SUV/Sports Car is similar to the Caddie that is a Luxury/Sports Car.

Thanks,
Rick

SkullV
10-14-07, 01:45 AM
Now that you brought it out, what are we supposed to call you???

LOL

Call me?

keeksv
10-14-07, 11:09 AM
I've got both (07TBSS and 04CTSV).

I find the TB more comfortable on long drives. It's not just the manual transmission--don't even notice that since I've been driving manual for almost 30 years.

You'll certainly get better gas mileage in the Caddy. I get up to 26 on the hwy with no boost. In the TB, I'm lucky to get 16.

Already through one rear diff in the TB at 5K. How about you? Just waiting for the transmission to give it up too. Thank God for the 100K powertrain LOL.

Good luck.

Nitro-C5
10-14-07, 12:41 PM
I've got both (07TBSS and 04CTSV).

I find the TB more comfortable on long drives. It's not just the manual transmission--don't even notice that since I've been driving manual for almost 30 years.

You'll certainly get better gas mileage in the Caddy. I get up to 26 on the hwy with no boost. In the TB, I'm lucky to get 16.

Already through one rear diff in the TB at 5K. How about you? Just waiting for the transmission to give it up too. Thank God for the 100K powertrain LOL.

Good luck.

Actually no problems at all...Zero. This is my current daily driver so it has never seen any terrain more challenging than broken pavement. I'm a big guy and it felt like I had more room in the Caddy and thus more comfy for long trips.

keeksv
10-14-07, 04:49 PM
I'm 6'2". I think I know what you mean--with the TB, the seat doesn't go down enough to give alot of people the headroom they need. I'm right at the upper limit.

The Caddy sure does like the highway, and the twisties. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and will find yourself taking the back roads more.

And my rear in the TB went out for no apparent reason. I don't think I've ever launched the thing hard, and the Salisbury MD area is flat as a pancake--and I would never even think of taking it off-road. This is the exact same story I tell about the first rear end in my Caddy too. At least GM is consistent.

Mystical_Ice
10-15-07, 02:09 AM
i'm 6'2" too, and one thing i wish the cadillac had was more headroom...

BeastMaster
10-15-07, 01:12 PM
Im with Mystical. I'm at 6'2" and I would love more head room.

cobrayankee
10-15-07, 04:05 PM
I traded my TBSS for my CTS-V. They're not the fastest vehicle you'll ever drive, but they're a lot of fun, can tow upwards of 6k pounds and have a stance to them that really sets them apart from the base Trailblazers.

lonestranger
10-15-07, 04:47 PM
Why don't ya open the sunroof??:D

CTSV_Rob
10-15-07, 07:49 PM

Agreed, needs more head room (6'1")

Why don't ya open the sunroof??:D

You don't have the sun roof option do you?

Nitro-C5
10-15-07, 09:14 PM
Agreed, needs more head room (6'1")

You don't have the sun roof option do you?

Well I just went by a local dealer and sat in an CTS-V again and there is more head, leg and side body room than in my TBSS...I'm 6' 4" and 275lbs. I think for bigger people the CTS-V would be more comfortable on longer trips.

BTW: have some of these dealers gone Crazy:annoyed: I'm really looking for a 2005 Platinum or Black (they had a Red one on the lot)...they wanted a $1,000 deposit just to locate one...not bring one to their dealership...that was just to find one. They said it was "Expensive" to locate a CTS-V...LOL. Walked out the front door never to return:helpless:

SkullV
10-16-07, 01:11 AM
If you are going to buy one outright and not try for the trade, the best place to look is the classified ads on this forum. You will be able to ask around and find ANYTHING you want to know about the car and the cars owner.

Nitro-C5
10-16-07, 12:48 PM
If you are going to buy one outright and not try for the trade, the best place to look is the classified ads on this forum. You will be able to ask around and find ANYTHING you want to know about the car and the cars owner.

Thanks for the advice...looking at a few cars in there right now actually:cool2:

Cadillac Tony
10-16-07, 01:07 PM
If you're looking for comfort and luxury, how about a nice one-owner STS-V? 469hp, low miles, 100k mile Cadillac Warranty and a ridiculous amount of luxury. I just happen to have link right here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2943/cat/31

:D

Nitro-C5
10-16-07, 02:13 PM
If you're looking for comfort and luxury, how about a nice one-owner STS-V? 469hp, low miles, 100k mile Cadillac Warranty and a ridiculous amount of luxury. I just happen to have link right here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2943/cat/31

:D

LOL.., very nice, however I'm going to be flipping in 12 months towards a new 2009 CTS-V..and its about 20K more than I'm looking to spend.