: 2008 floor mats, need some

jdshep
10-13-07, 10:59 PM
New to forum. See lots of good info. Need some more. We have a 08 V8 AWD sport in red with light tan interior. The factory mats are too light in color for the Chicago area (actually any area) and now we need some nice tan deep water and slush holding mats. Does anyone know of a good source?
The car is the wife's and we traded a 2002 MB ML55 AMG and a 2007 Ponatiac Soltice GXP for same. We will miss the Soltice, but the MB will not be missed by me, maybe the wife, but not me, fun engine, crap ride on MB. SRX now 1000 miles seems like just the right size for the wife and i too enjoy driving same. I have a 2008 GMC Denali XL I drive daily, but since we got the SRX the GMC is getting a rest in the evenings.
John d

MortnCyn
10-14-07, 08:59 AM
We have Husky liners that we leave in all the time. See the following:
http://www.huskyliners.com/home.cfm They do not show 2008 yet but would assume they are the same as '07.

EXPSD
10-14-07, 03:19 PM
Same issue, I picked up 4 dark brown at sears and they fit perfect, every once in a while they have a half price sale.

Tom Wheeler
10-14-07, 04:53 PM
I have an 07 and bought Weathertechs for the non-clean season here in the Detroit area. The great thing about these is they are molded for our SRX, in other words they are like a pan, the sides go up all around. No sloppy stuff on your carpet at all. They are a bit pricey, but worth it in my opinion, here is a link:
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=52&VehId=1006&Year=2008

Enjoy your new ride...

Tom

jdshep
10-14-07, 08:56 PM
Thanks everyone I just ordered the Weathertech mats.
John d

c5 rv
10-14-07, 11:06 PM
I have the waffle-style rubber mats from GM accessories. They fit well and match the rear cargo mat.

Some cautions about Weathertech. The all-weather rubber floor mats aren't generally customized for your car. You will need to trim them to fit. (I had a set for my CTS.) As for tray-type mats like the WeatherTech FloorLiners and Husky Liners, they tend to allow water to slosh around and spill out at low points or corners. It's a good idea use a rag or sponge to remove the water from melted snow after a trip. Also, make sure you order the correct mat for your AWD SRX. The shape of the floor pan is different between RWD and AWD.

jdshep
10-20-07, 01:52 PM
I got the weathertech mats yesterday, however the drivers mat did not have a chance of fitting as it was too wide. I could not get it to set on the floor. i am sending them back and I am using some rubber mats I bought at Costco, so much for trying to get a great fit. In removing the factory mat I poped the hold down button and now I have a hole in the floor as what ever was sticking through the hole must have fallen in. That sucks
John d

MortnCyn
10-21-07, 11:03 AM
I got the weathertech mats yesterday, however the drivers mat did not have a chance of fitting as it was too wide. I could not get it to set on the floor. i am sending them back and I am using some rubber mats I bought at Costco, so much for trying to get a great fit. In removing the factory mat I poped the hold down button and now I have a hole in the floor as what ever was sticking through the hole must have fallen in. That sucks
John d John d: I am going to guess you did not order the mats that are designed and manufactured to fit a specific vehicle. Looking at Weathertech or Husky, you should find they both make mats to fit the SRX.
http://www.huskyliners.com/_images/srxfrntblk.gif

irishpride
10-21-07, 11:15 AM
i have the thick rubber one from cadillac accessories and the rear mat they fit firfect and look good, they ven have the cadillac symbol on them...nice for the money

DVC-Don
10-21-07, 01:12 PM
I got the Weathertec winter mats for the wifes SRX and they drop in and fit perfect front and rear.

jdshep
10-22-07, 10:35 AM
John d: I am going to guess you did not order the mats that are designed and manufactured to fit a specific vehicle. Looking at Weathertech or Husky, you should find they both make mats to fit the SRX.
http://www.huskyliners.com/_images/srxfrntblk.gif
Truth is I did order Weathertech 2008 SRX V8 AWD and they are just too wide to fit drivers well and they seem to have a extra bump under gas pedal where the car has none.
I got a set of SUV mats at Costco and they fit just fine. Heavy deep rubber and cost $24.95.
Does anyone know what to do with the hole where the old button was? Weathertech instructions tell you to take out factory mats, but when I did I ended up with a hole on one side and it looks like the stem must have fallen into the hole.
John D

MortnCyn
10-22-07, 10:51 AM
Truth is I did order Weathertech 2008 SRX V8 AWD and they are just too wide to fit drivers well and they seem to have a extra bump under gas pedal where the car has none. john D Then it would appear they sent you the wrong mats (unless the floor of the '08 is different). There is a difference in the front mats for V8 vs. V6. Good that you found some you like.

jdshep
10-26-07, 11:54 AM
Weather tech sent wrong mats they were for a Rav-4 no wonder they did not fit. I returned them and the wife likes the rubber mats I bought at Costco so I save $150.
John D