: Trans pan bolt torque specs? and Trans filter change questions.

RetardedGenius
10-13-07, 01:13 PM
I'm doing a Transmission fluid and filter change, and I have yet to find a manual for the Catera so I can't find any torque specs for this car.

Does anyone know the torque specs to re-tighten the transmission pan bolts to when I'm ready to put it back on?

Is there a 'sticky' or a 'how-to' anywhere for changing the transmission filter? Is it pretty accessible once the pan is removed? Is there anything uncommon or Catera-specific I should look out for when replacing the trans filter or is it pretty straight forward?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

TitanCTS
10-13-07, 05:02 PM
Well I know general torque specs for oil pan bolts is around 22ft lbs... I just tighten them by hand moving in a circular pattern around the pan... But I've never serviced my tranny yet.. 115k miles and shifts smooth and crisp just like a new car... But draining the oil and filling it up wont do that much good.. The tranny needs to be completely flushed.... I would have the dealer flush the tranny and replace the filter... That way all the old fluid from the converter and every other part of the tranny will be removed.

Aleksus
10-15-07, 01:49 AM
That's right. I just did ATF fluid change by flushing with the filter for 70$. I was going to do this by myself but a changed mine mind besause it's too much stuff to do. If you wana do this yourself you need to take off both of the pans and to drain the oil from the hydraulic torque converter.

RetardedGenius
10-22-07, 02:04 AM
Thanks guys :bouncy:
BTW, I did this a couple days ago, and it was absolutely the most, simple, straight forward transmission filter I've changed.
The hardest parts were scraping the 2 old pan gaskets off and squeezing @7.5 quarts of new fluid in a half quart at a time...so pretty easy overall.
It's back on the road & back to normal.
:2thumbs:

Kanadakid
08-09-10, 01:52 PM
What was the pan bolt tourqe spec ?
Kid

USEDCAT
08-09-10, 11:08 PM
I believe it is 97 in-lb (11 N-M) or approximately 8 Ft-Lbs.

In the same vane Oil Pan Fill Plug is 33 Ft-Lbs (45 N-M) or about 4+ times tighter than the pan bolts.

Cheers.