: Texas V Owners, Please Inform!!

cmltx1
10-12-07, 12:31 PM
For all you Texas V owners, please let me know how many of you have a plate in the front and whether you have run into problems if not running that front plate. I just bought a used V and it has four holes drilled in the bumper and I'm considering using bumper plugs. I wasn't even given a plate or bracket for the front, so I'm just needing advice.

P-Funk
10-12-07, 12:36 PM
I have a front plate and never been pulled over for it. :peeking:

TT_BlackSS
10-12-07, 01:00 PM
I just bought mine, it came from out of state so it doesn't have holes drilled, and I won't be drilling them. I don't even have the front plate yet, so no worries right now. I'll put it in the windshield and hope for the best eventually.

VCAT
10-12-07, 01:26 PM
I got mine back in May i guess, it never had a front plate, it has the ugly mount tho, knock on wood,i haven't had any legal probs yet, and i just got it inspected.

tx_metabaron
10-12-07, 01:41 PM
I've removed mine about 6 months ago and no problem since then.
Well, I got a speeding ticket,but that's about it :banghead:

since I'm in a good mood, see the h-town V get together pics here.
http://www.f1f3.com/publicpictures/2007-09-22%20Houston%20CTS-V%20meet
33% of front plates were removed

CIWS
10-12-07, 02:41 PM
I have a front plate and never been pulled over for it. :peeking:

:yeah:

tx_metabaron
10-12-07, 03:39 PM
33% of front plates were removed

:hide: I can't even count right.

It looks like 50% were removed and one did not have plates yet ( Mys_Ice's 07 with paper plates).

jasaero
10-12-07, 03:44 PM
Mine came with no holes for plates. I didn't want to add them, so have no front plate. Have been pulled over in Irving doing 90mph and the cop either never noticed or didn't care.