: Strange cruise control issue

mcfaddens17
10-12-07, 10:52 AM
Cruise control coming and going. Cruise would not work at all yesterday. The light on the steering wheel button came on as normal, but cruise would not set and the light in the dash did not come on. I'm thinking simple, fuse probably blown, easy right? But no, can't have anything simple happen, cruise started working again this morning on it's own. Great, but now I thinking there is probably something more involved than just changing a blown fuse. :bomb: Anybody else have any similiar issues with their cruise control working??

nikon
10-12-07, 11:03 AM
um, bad clutch safety switch?.....next time it doesn't work...press your clutch in/out a couple times and see if that does it.

jetsetx
10-18-07, 08:14 AM
I have an 03 CTS with the same problem, don't know the cause but I sometimes have a traction control light on as well (both intermittent and often times resets with an engine start). I'm probably headed to the dealer today for a repair, I'll advise what they determine to be the cause.

mcfaddens17
10-18-07, 01:22 PM
I have an 03 CTS with the same problem, don't know the cause but I sometimes have a traction control light on as well (both intermittent and often times resets with an engine start). I'm probably headed to the dealer today for a repair, I'll advise what they determine to be the cause.

Luckily I have not had it go out except for the one time, let me know what happens at the dealer.

1badjimmy
10-18-07, 03:32 PM
There was another member that had the same problem (light on steering wheel would light up, but nothing else) and his turned out to be a broken wire in a connection. Dealer found it without much problem. Hope it helps.