: Ontario Madd Cruise (yes You John)

ariza034
10-11-07, 02:21 PM
http://www.falltour.ca/default.html

there is a cruse this weekend to support the MADD organization the cruise is free only if you would like to make donation ... you can

cmon you Ontario guys sign up lets all meet up this weekend i am comming all the way from hamilton the drive is about 1;30min and then + the cruise to the track there is alot of cars comming soo... CMON SIGN UP

(ALL DAY EVENT):thepan::thepan::thepan::thepan::bouncy::bou ncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Caddyshack100
10-11-07, 04:55 PM
While I do not support Drinking and Driving, I believe that MADD has done more to destroy peoples rights in Ontario than any other organization, we waste so much police time and energy on a boutique cause (yes, I am goring a sacred cow). The Madd message is not getting through as can be witnessed by the raising number of people being charged with blowing over the limit. I am not making light of anybody who dies and I really feel for the people who have been victims, but would it make their families feel any better if they were not killed by drunk drivers. I really get sick and tired of listening to their crummy commercials and their silly ad nasuem parade of making people feel guilty about enjoying themselves. I really get tired of being pulled over by cops who should have much better things to do than doing ride spot checks. Out of all the people who are killed on the roads in Ontario, only 3 percent are involved with drinking. As long as we continue to treat Alcholism as a Disease then the same people who are getting caught will still continue to drive. Madd will not reach them

Jon
10-14-07, 03:27 PM
If only I had seen this earlier.... I was still sleeping at 9:30am this morning, LOL.

icbones@sympatico.ca
11-14-08, 06:27 PM
While I do not support Drinking and Driving, I believe that MADD has done more to destroy peoples rights in Ontario than any other organization, we waste so much police time and energy on a boutique cause (yes, I am goring a sacred cow). The Madd message is not getting through as can be witnessed by the raising number of people being charged with blowing over the limit. I am not making light of anybody who dies and I really feel for the people who have been victims, but would it make their families feel any better if they were not killed by drunk drivers. I really get sick and tired of listening to their crummy commercials and their silly ad nasuem parade of making people feel guilty about enjoying themselves. I really get tired of being pulled over by cops who should have much better things to do than doing ride spot checks. Out of all the people who are killed on the roads in Ontario, only 3 percent are involved with drinking. As long as we continue to treat Alcholism as a Disease then the same people who are getting caught will still continue to drive. Madd will not reach them

I totally agree. I will also say that MADD almost lost it's charitable status due to them claiming that their expenses for and to professional fundraisers was calculated as charitable works. Thats a :tisk:. MADD spares no effort in any cause designed to make the general public's life harder. They bitched about beer and LCBO stores opening on Sundays years ago. Claimed the roads would be littered with the victims of drunk drivers (I may be exaggerating a bit here, but they did say it would lead to an increase in DWI's.) Madd does not want beer and wine sales in corner stores, they don't want speed limits increased. MADD constantly demands that BAC levels be lowered yet their own statistics show that the majority of accidents where Alcohol is involved show that the BAC levels are usually over twice the legal limit. So why does MADD want the legal limit lowered? More people will be charged with DWI's which means MADD will hit various levels of government for more grants because more work needs to be done.

Jon
11-14-08, 06:57 PM
God damn it I missed it again this year

icbones@sympatico.ca
11-14-08, 07:09 PM
God damn it I missed it again this year

I'll think you will get over it just fine:thumbsup: