: What should I expect from Cadillac Customer Service?

CopperHead
10-11-07, 01:15 PM
Sorry for the long story...

OK so I bought my 2005 CTS V in the middle of 2006 new, although the warranty had already been started because the car had a problem with the gauge cluster (that should have deterred me but I got a great deal on the car). Well a little over a year later and my car has been to the shop at least 20 times (sometimes the car has been in for a week). The car is currently on its fifth sunroof...they all rattle badly. There have been numerous small problems. Just the thought of keeping this car beyond warranty would be an exercise in stupidity. I am not close to running out of warranty, but I just couldn't take it anymore (and yes my car is in the shop right now…since Tuesday morning, getting another sunroof...sigh), so I called Caddy Customer Svc. They are researching it, and they are supposed to get back with me this evening. What should I expect...if anything? I have 4 other vehicles...all Dodge. I have really been thinking about getting rid of the CTS V, but I just love the performance and looks, just don't know if I can continue to visit the Svc Department monthly. They know me by first name, and they know all my vehicles because I am in there all the time. Ridiculous.

SkullV
10-11-07, 01:16 PM
If it has been in 3 times for the same major problem tell them you want to lemon law it!....I have been on this forum for a RELATIVELY long time and have never seen another V with your luck, and when it comes to cars I am usually the one with the really bad luck!!:banghead:

onebadcad
10-11-07, 01:33 PM
If you 'want' to keep it for the performance and looks, and do not want to Lemon Law it, Caddy should step up and give you a FREE extended warranty. I dealt with CCS regarding OE tires being toast after 5K miles (this was before GY started giving credits), they were not helpful at first, but I got what I wanted in the end. Be relentless, ask for the warranty and keep going up the ladder until you succeed.
Of note, does your service department know what they are doing, as how many times can you fix a sunroof?

LV_V
10-11-07, 01:35 PM
I have had similar luck; the only problem I ran into was that I bought the car used so the lemon law did not apply. It must be the first owner to lemon it.

7th rear diff... and a HUGE list of other BS items.

In my case they gave me a free extended warranty; like 3 extra years and 87,000 miles I think. In your case, they will try and do the same IMO. DO NOT LET THEM. If I could do it again, I would have pushed very hard for them to buy it back. If they are asses about it threaten to lawyer up and/or have an attorney write a letter to let them know this.

CopperHead
10-11-07, 01:45 PM
I won't be happy with an extended warranty...as I would just be in service every month anyway. So just not really sure what they will try to do...I should expect them to hit me up with the "Here's an extended warranty" crap. The current warranty is fine...its the car that's the problem.

z06bigbird
10-11-07, 02:28 PM
Current warranty might let you sell the car at a good price for you. New buyer will have comfort level with lengthy GMPP.

Hopefully, all of the problems are gone.

Also, why not take the car out of town to another Caddy dealer for these repeat repairs. Better techs??

CopperHead
10-11-07, 02:53 PM
Current warranty might let you sell the car at a good price for you. New buyer will have comfort level with lengthy GMPP.

Hopefully, all of the problems are gone.

Also, why not take the car out of town to another Caddy dealer for these repeat repairs. Better techs??

Only the sunroof has been repair multiple times. The other problems have been unrelated and numerous. They are saying the bolts are stripping out since they are so small and are supposed to be torqued to 55 ft-lbs. I really don't think the dealer is the issue.

Also sorry for posting just this...I am much more active on another forum for my SRT Ram. I hate it when people just post problems, and never anything good. I do like my car, but I just can't imagine keeping it will all these little problems that keep popping up. I am tired of going to the dealer.

Albertan
10-11-07, 04:09 PM
Cooperhead
You said they are stripping the small bolts at 55 ft lbs. These bolts better be about 3/8" dia for 55 ft lbs. Maybe that's the problem, if they are small maybe it should be inch pounds?? Maybe just typo?

CopperHead
10-11-07, 04:28 PM
Cooperhead
You said they are stripping the small bolts at 55 ft lbs. These bolts better be about 3/8" dia for 55 ft lbs. Maybe that's the problem, if they are small maybe it should be inch pounds?? Maybe just typo?

Honestly...not sure, that is what they are telling me. They have let different techs work on the same problem. They said they were in contact with engineering...?

CopperHead
10-11-07, 04:38 PM
Just spoke with the dealer. They said the sunroof should be repaired this time, and they fixed the rattling POS I call my car. They worked on the front hood latch, the emergency brake cable (it was rubbing against a bolt - TSB), and the latches to my rear seats. I swear to you I only said to them that the squeaking emergency brake cable was driving me nuts...super high pitched squeak. My car came with the upgraded stocks so it rides pretty rough...I wonder if that is why she is falling apart. I told them...not offense, but I was tired of seeing them.

CopperHead
10-15-07, 12:10 PM
OK...I got my car back on Thursday. I had it washed and then I put if up. Drove it again today, the rest of the car is quiet...except the sunroof still has a small rattle. If you push your finger against the sunroof...it will make a noise...just like the sound of a bad bump. Anyone else have this problem?

onebadcad
10-15-07, 02:17 PM
Unacceptable!!! I had my V w/roof for 38 months now and never a sound. I think you need to take the GM of the dealership out for a drive and demonstrate the problem. At this point, either they fix the car correctly, or you get a lawyer to lemon it. I realize to some that this may not be a determining issue, but after countless trips to the dealer, it should be fixed.
Good Luck...

CopperHead
10-15-07, 02:50 PM
Unacceptable!!! I had my V w/roof for 38 months now and never a sound. I think you need to take the GM of the dealership out for a drive and demonstrate the problem. At this point, either they fix the car correctly, or you get a lawyer to lemon it. I realize to some that this may not be a determining issue, but after countless trips to the dealer, it should be fixed.
Good Luck...

I actually called the GM a couple hours ago, he said he would talk to all parties concerned. Caddy Cust Svc said they can't do anything until the dealer looks at it again. Dealer says they can't look at it until next week, because the Svc Mgr that looked at it before (and drove it some 70+ miles) was on vacation...:bomb: I had them print my svc history...it was 24 pages. I think I have been more than nice up to this point.

My biggest concern is even if they "bought my car back". I need a car to replace it..and the CTS V is out of production. I want GM to make me the "deal of the century" on something else (I just don't know what...I am a performance nut), or I will just buy a Dodge, which I have had minimal problems with over the 12 Dodges we have owned (and still own 4).

CopperHead
10-15-07, 02:52 PM
We currently own..
2007 Charger SRT8 SuperBee
2005 Dodge Ram SRT10
2005 Dodge Viper SRT10
2001 Dodge Durango R/T
2005 Cadillac CTS-V

CopperHead
10-15-07, 02:54 PM
Good Luck...

Oh...and BTW thanks for your support.

onebadcad
10-15-07, 03:23 PM
Anytime bro', I think you have been more than patient and mcuh calmer than most would be given the dealer incompetence. If you Lemon Law it, they should make you happy by placing you on a list for the '09 V or giving you a deep discount on a Z06-then again you have a Viper, so no real need for a Z06. Be relentless, and get what is yours.

thefred
10-15-07, 09:10 PM
Try what other disgruntled CTS-V owners have done. Go the STS-V route. There are plenty of deals to be made and thus far, I have not heard of a single CTS-V former owner that regrets their decision....

z06bigbird
10-15-07, 11:57 PM
New leftover STS Vs sell for about 57k according to posts here.

CopperHead
10-16-07, 01:01 PM
Well dealer looked at my car again last night...they need to replace the sunroof again. I said I would talk to them later, and please have their GM call me. They put 70 miles on my car the last week, trying to eliminate all the squeaks.

They called me this morning to schedule an appointment with their GM. He wants to make a "Stupid" deal on the 2008 STS V they have. Not sure if I should do that or not...it snows quite a bit here. CTS V does well in the snow, but how will the STS V do. I have an extra set of CTS V wheels wth snows, will they work on the STS V? If I can't make this deal...I told them I would take an EXT. Not sure if Cadillac is involved with this deal or not. I hope so because Cadillac needs to buy my car back.