: Engine Mount Replacement question

rgd
10-11-07, 11:51 AM
I'm off to the track tomorrow but first I need to replace my engine mounts. I have the Service manual. It looks pretty straight forward, but I know how that can be. Anybody who has done this before have any advise on things to do or better yet, not to do? Is this one of those 2 hr jobs than can take 12 hrs.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

rgd

your maker
10-11-07, 12:22 PM
same as any other GM mounts.... tools ,,,get a long bar to pry with

Scotty7751
10-11-07, 12:53 PM
they are covered under warranty.... i just got both mine replaced under warranty. you out of warranty?

rgd
10-11-07, 01:10 PM
they are covered under warranty.... i just got both mine replaced under warranty. you out of warranty?

Out of Warranty...Thanks though.

Scotty7751
10-11-07, 01:18 PM
hmmm that sucks dude but it shouldnt take you that long.

V-Love
10-11-07, 04:24 PM
I'm off to the track tomorrow but first I need to replace my engine mounts. I have the Service manual. It looks pretty straight forward, but I know how that can be. Anybody who has done this before have any advise on things to do or better yet, not to do? Is this one of those 2 hr jobs than can take 12 hrs.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

rgd

Respect for tracking her.

Seattle CTS-V
10-11-07, 04:32 PM
Are there aftermarket mounts that are available? I think I broke mine on the road course a few weeks ago.

tweeter81
10-11-07, 04:38 PM
Are there aftermarket mounts that are available? I think I broke mine on the road course a few weeks ago.

I think James @ Lindsay is in contact with UUC to make us some motor mounts but I don't think there has been any hard date on when they are supposed to be done. Keep watching the forums for threads by James with updates on all the stuff UUC is making for our cars.

rgd
10-11-07, 05:55 PM
hmmm that sucks dude but it shouldnt take you that long.

This becomes another fricken nightmare of a job as soon as you realize the headers must come off first. I can't see any other way around it!

rgd
10-11-07, 05:58 PM
I forget, are the GM exhaust manifold gaskets reusable?