: Meguiars NXT generation Tech Wax

ljklaiber
04-26-04, 11:03 AM
Just tried it on my dark blue 95 SLS. EZ on, let dry and EZ off. Best shine I've seen. Don't know if it lasts long as carnauba, but for a 'geezer' like me, this makes it it a lot easier than the old way. Fifteen bucks seemed expensive. Not anymore. :bouncy:

Anyone else used it?

hcvone
04-26-04, 11:55 AM
I have tried it on a few cars, the problem is that it does last as long as carnauba, which is only several weeks, Meguiar's calls it a Tech Wax with Engineered Synthetic Polymers, the only problem is it does not last as long as even a bad polymer, it does leave a good shine due to having twice the oils as Gold Class.

lowscola
04-26-04, 03:01 PM
Yeah I just got it about two weeks ago along with the nxt gen quick wax. I actually went looking for the eagleone nano wax but they didn't have it so I got the meguires. I also used meg's cleaner/wax twice before putting the nxt on top. It works pretty good for me on my black Deville.

exceldetail
04-30-04, 08:54 PM
Lows, your protection will be very minimal if you applied to a coat of Carnauba (cleaner/wax)....You really need to use the sister polish for it to work properly.......Bonding is everything when using polymers.......The general population think they can go to the auto store, buy wax, and throw it on and not have to do it for another yr! WRONG !!!

exceldetail
05-02-04, 02:47 AM
I just realized there isnt a sister polish for Tech Wax....Duh....
I just dont understand why anyone would put on a layer of sealant without proper preperation.....regardless if the sealant has a cleaner in it, and NXT's cleaner is very mild....

BUILDINGCTSAMG
05-02-04, 02:58 PM
I really like my zaino, although i want to try einszett

ljklaiber
05-04-04, 04:52 PM
So far, it is the best shine I have seen. It also lasts as well as any carnauba. ...and yes I washed and rinsed the car well before. That was the hard part.

Try it!

finallyflying
04-23-06, 12:28 PM
I really like the NXT product...especially the extra oils which cover up some of the slight fading/chalking that is starting to occur in my '93 on the hood and trunk.

One additional tip I have found in addition to making sure all the old waxes are removed first is to put two coats (at least - sometimes if I have time I do three) of the NXT on. And use the stuff in the squeeze bottle.....the spray-on NXT quick wax I thought was a waste of time....it just doesn't have enough solids to create a lasting bond. I guess the idea is to use it in between for a quick wax but if I'm going to rub out the whole car why not use the good stuff each time.

Tombo47
04-23-06, 01:23 PM
i used the tech wax and the shine has laster for over 2 months on my DTS. I really think most of the vendors just try to trash other products so you buy theirs. Tech Wax works very well and has done no harm to my car, thus, I enjoy it. Im sure there are other products out there that are great also.